Max Biamou (1 Viewer)

higgs

Hope max gets supported by the club in the summer by sorting out an operation for him and giving him a new 1 yr contract to see what he can do in the championship when fully fit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Hope max gets supported by the club in the summer by sorting out an operation for him and giving him a new 1 yr contract to see what he can do in the championship when fully fit

If Jodi Jones keeps getting contracts I’m certain max will be kept on but it depends on budgets if we have peanuts he will stay otherwise I think his Time is up

Irish Sky Blue

I doubt he has this injury at all tbh or if he does a very slight tear - it is atrocious management if true and although I think MR can be inept at times I do not believe he would play someone who had that type of injury - he would give Baka a go purely from a fitness perspective.
I suppose if he is unwilling to do that then one up top and Gyokeres for foreseeable which I don't think is enough we need to play two up front on evidence of last night where we carried very little cutting edge/threat up front at all.
You think that MR can be inept at times?
Hard to know what some people expect from the manager. It would seem that it would have to be someone who makes the correct decision every time. As Robins is human then I think you have to accept that mistakes will be made, but to use the word ‘inept’ I would suggest is just about as over the top as you can get.
To get from where we were when he took over to where we are now, how can he be described in anyway as inept? This season will be the third time, year on year, that Robins has improved our final league position. The only season under him that we didn’t improve was the season we gained promotion from division 4 As we were virtually relegated when he took over, hard to criticise him for that. So many things have improved surrounding the playing side, but he is inept?
I noticed that the usual crew had a go at him for bringing Godden back ‘too soon’. This totally ignores the fact that he would have listened to both the club’s medical team and the player himself, before bringing him back. Players get injured all the time, but his injury recurrence gave some people a stick to beat him with even though they have no way of knowing the circumstances surrounding the Godden injury. Now MR is a poor, atrocious and terrible manager for allowing Biamou to play on, even though the player and presumably the medical team are okay about it.. Rather than see it as an indication of the spirit that exists within the squad, and the courage and commitment of the player, Robins is just proving what a shocking manager he is.
All of these comments come after an away defeat at a play off placed team when we were undone by individual errors. I honestly don’t think that we would ever have a manager who satisfied some people on here unless they won every game.

Frostie

@mark82 @Frostie

Playing a player who’s confidence is completely shot is bad man management

Playing a player who’s torn a cartridge is bad man management

😎🦜💼👊🏼🧐😊😀

As I said in the Shipley thread, you could equally argue that dropping him after a win & decent performance would be bad man management.

It's very, very common to play through this kind of injury & Robins says it's not bothering him, refusing to play a player who wants to play would be bad man management.

🤡

higgs

You think that MR can be inept at times?
Hard to know what some people expect from the manager. It would seem that it would have to be someone who makes the correct decision every time. As Robins is human then I think you have to accept that mistakes will be made, but to use the word ‘inept’ I would suggest is just about as over the top as you can get.
To get from where we were when he took over to where we are now, how can he be described in anyway as inept? This season will be the third time, year on year, that Robins has improved our final league position. The only season under him that we didn’t improve was the season we gained promotion from division 4 As we were virtually relegated when he took over, hard to criticise him for that. So many things have improved surrounding the playing side, but he is inept?
I noticed that the usual crew had a go at him for bringing Godden back ‘too soon’. This totally ignores the fact that he would have listened to both the club’s medical team and the player himself, before bringing him back. Players get injured all the time, but his injury recurrence gave some people a stick to beat him with even though they have no way of knowing the circumstances surrounding the Godden injury. Now MR is a poor, atrocious and terrible manager for allowing Biamou to play on, even though the player and presumably the medical team are okay about it.. Rather than see it as an indication of the spirit that exists within the squad, and the courage and commitment of the player, Robins is just proving what a shocking manager he is.
All of these comments come after an away defeat at a play off placed team when we were undone by individual errors. I honestly don’t think that we would ever have a manager who satisfied some people on here unless they won every game.
Good post well said

cc84cov

As I said in the Shipley thread, you could equally argue that dropping him after a win & decent performance would be bad man management.

It's very, very common to play through this kind of injury & Robins says it's not bothering him, refusing to play a player who wants to play would be bad man management.

🤡
Playing injured players and players bang out of form is relegation fodder 🤡😎🤡😎

SkyBlueSam01

Important to bear in mind that there is a full spectrum of different meniscal cartilage tear types, ranging from small nicks to full bucket handle tears, with different types causing different levels of pain and dysfunction.

Still a testament to his professionalism when surgery is on the table though! Playing on may not be too detrimental atm but could easily cause him problems further down the line...

rob9872

His contract is up at the end of the season, from a personal point he's mad. I'm glad he is, but really needs to look after himself to get a new contract even if with someone else not us. If he's injured with all those fit out of contract players he'll have no chance.

Irish Sky Blue

Christ almighty wtf is robins playing at 🤡

You constantly bang on about playing two up front, a call you make based upon your vast technical know how no doubt.
You berate Bakayoko at every available opportunity, you think him totally useless.
You find out that Biamou is playing with an injury.
Do you acknowledge that perhaps Robins isn’t playing two up front very often, perhaps due to this? Not at all, you have a go at Robins and use a clown emoji.
If he was going to play two up front, he would have to use Bakayoko, who you want nowhere near the team. No doubt you will criticise Robins again for keeping on Bakayoko but you also acknowledge we have little money. There are some ‘fans’ who deserve Russell Slade as the manager and unfortunately you are one of them

johnwillomagic

I do think Robins can be tactically inept at times and his stubborn refusal to change in game situations has undoubtedly cost us points this season and in seasons gone by. I think many would agree with that statement and are not completely blinkered.

I have not said the Mark Robins is inept all the time and am I happy he is our manager yes - do I think he is as good tactically and as a manager as someone like Neil Warnock no I do not ! It does not mean I do not appreciate what he has done with the club.

Max's has been portrayed as a hero which is the point of this thread opening for playing with an injury.

I like Max the injury cannot be that serious though and many players play through injuries some not that wisely so to portray him as heroic is wrong if injury not that serious.

If it is serious he should not really be playing as commendable as it is - people on this thread have said he does not look the same and he has had serious injuries in the past. I would rather play Baka as a sub coming on or Bapaga than risk Max suffer another long term injury at his age personally.

Sky Blue Pete

I do think Robins can be tactically inept at times and his stubborn refusal to change in game situations has undoubtedly cost us points this season and in seasons gone by. I think many would agree with that statement and are not completely blinkered.

I have not said the Mark Robins is inept all the time and am I happy he is our manager yes - do I think he is as good tactically and as a manager as someone like Neil Warnock no I do not ! It does not mean I do not appreciate what he has done with the club.

Max's has been portrayed as a hero which is the point of this thread opening for playing with an injury.

I like Max the injury cannot be that serious though and many players play through injuries some not that wisely so to portray him as heroic is wrong if injury not that serious.

If it is serious he should not really be playing as commendable as it is - people on this thread have said he does not look the same and he has had serious injuries in the past. I would rather play Baka as a sub coming on or Bapaga than risk Max suffer another long term injury at his age personally.
No the point of the thread was to say we are not aware of everything so have some empathy and patience and trust.

Sky Blue Harry H

If Baka leaves in this window, we had better hope Walker isn't rushed back before he is ready. Leaves us with few options. If we stay up with Godden/Walker out for a stretch, MR deserves another medal.

rob9872

I have not said the Mark Robins is inept all the time and am I happy he is our manager yes - do I think he is as good tactically and as a manager as someone like Neil Warnock no I do not !

When considering a tactical genius, you actually selected Warnock over Pep, Klopp ...

4 centre halves across the back, big man up front and someone who can take a long throw. No idea why the top European sides haven't taken this on.

Paul O Donoghue

Biamou came closest to scoring a goal more than anyone last night even though he's carrying an injury. Another example of his selflessness and loyalty to the club with fuck all money who, under Robins, have performed miracles to be in the second tier. That was our third loss in 12/13 games last night. I wouldn't be critical of Robins at all under the circumstances that he is trying to work.

Brighton Sky Blue

Biamou came closest to scoring a goal more than anyone last night even though he's carrying an injury. Another example of his selflessness and loyalty to the club with fuck all money who, under Robins, have performed miracles to be in the second tier. That was our third loss in 12/13 games last night. I wouldn't be critical of Robins at all under the circumstances that he is trying to work.

If we lost when we weren’t even playing things are worse than I thought!

Brighton Sky Blue

@mark82 @Frostie

Playing a player who’s confidence is completely shot is bad man management

Playing a player who’s torn a cartridge is bad man management

😎🦜💼👊🏼🧐😊😀

When ancient historians look back at this many years into the future they will think they’ve stumbled upon hieroglyphics when it’s actually CC84 being a mentalist

shmmeee

Cc84’s team:
Wilson
Østigård McCallum
Sheaf

Sorry, has to be two up front so:
Wilson
Østigård
-
Sheaf McCallum

Maroši: injured
Dabo: unfit
Hyam: off form
Rose: injured
James: unfit
O’Hare: off form
Shipley: off form
Allen: off form
Kasta: Kasta
Baka: off form
Györkeres: unfit
Godden: injured
Walker: injured
Max: unfit
Jobello: injured

stevefloyd

Cc84’s team:
Wilson
Østigård McCallum
Sheaf

Wilson
Østigård
-
Sheaf McCallum

OMFG thats cheered me up :(

Brighton Sky Blue

Cc84’s team:
Wilson
Østigård McCallum
Sheaf

Wilson
Østigård
-
Sheaf McCallum

I like Kasta being in his own category

NortonSkyBlue

If Max is playing on because he is aware that we are down to the bare bones then full credit to him. He is doing himself no favours.
If the club have known about this injury for a long time and have done nothing it is a failing in the duty of care for an employee.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Max is playing on because he is aware that we are down to the bare bones then full credit to him. He is doing himself no favours.
If the club have known about this injury for a long time and have done nothing it is a failing in the duty of care for an employee.

Really emphasises how low regard Baka is held in.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Really emphasises how low regard Baka is held in.
It does, but also as someone previously mentioned it depends on the tear. I torn mine 5 times from university until I was around 26, and initially had surgery but in my last consultation (probably 4/5 years ago) I was told that although there is still a slight tear, if I can continue as normal without any pain than it could be preferable to more surgery. I've since ran a marathon, run regularly and play football three times a week with periods ranging from absolutely no idea about it to very minor discomfort. The biggest thing for me is flexibility in that knee, if I were kneel on it and lean back it would feel like it would 'pop' but not any real pain. This isn't to discredit Max, it would be a lot easier to get it treated depending on what they are suggesting. He also has a lot more on the line to play for than I do in terms of its his career and it could of course be detrimental. But there is also every chance it isn't limiting him or causing as much pain as some on here may be suggesting.

Grendel

It does, but also as someone previously mentioned it depends on the tear. I torn mine 5 times from university until I was around 26, and initially had surgery but in my last consultation (probably 4/5 years ago) I was told that although there is still a slight tear, if I can continue as normal without any pain than it could be preferable to more surgery. I've since ran a marathon, run regularly and play football three times a week with periods ranging from absolutely no idea about it to very minor discomfort. The biggest thing for me is flexibility in that knee, if I were kneel on it and lean back it would feel like it would 'pop' but not any real pain. This isn't to discredit Max, it would be a lot easier to get it treated depending on what they are suggesting. He also has a lot more on the line to play for than I do in terms of its his career and it could of course be detrimental. But there is also every chance it isn't limiting him or causing as much pain as some on here may be suggesting.

Robins said in the interview afterwards it’s not causing any pain

Users who are viewing this thread