McNulty's Goals (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Is Dongo still in hiding over his bet? It was only 20 quid ffs hardly as if he bet a couple of grand, just come back pay it and don’t bet in the future

Mucca Mad Boys

Well, apparently he wasn’t a ‘natural goalscorer’ according to a few people...

To hit 26 goals in a season is fantastic form, well done Robins and the recruitment team!

Otis

Well, apparently he wasn’t a ‘natural goalscorer’ according to a few people...

To hit 26 goals in a season is fantastic form, well done Robins and the recruitment team!
He's missed a fair few great chances too. God knows how many he would have if he had bagged half of them.

steve82

To a few at Chesterfield that day back in September thought he was a dud. A striker putting himself in good positions just having a bad day.
A few could see the potential in him and MR stood by his tag of 20 goal man.

23 league goals later 26 in all competitions.... well done Sparky.

McNulty could break George Hudson record of 24 league goals 28 in all competitions in 1963-64 and only a goal behind Bobby Gould’s league total of 24 in 1966-67.

Come on hands up who doubted McNulty earlier in the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

There were plenty who had written him off around Oct/Nov. I seem to remember myself and @Tommo72 (I think?) saying he was quality and was a cut above the rest of this league.

stevefloyd

He's missed a fair few great chances too. God knows how many he would have if he had bagged half of them.
Yes fair play to him...i have called him various names over the season for missing so many chances but if we had of had another 15 goal striker we could now be sitting pretty I'm the autos....ohhhh wishful thinking

Mucca Mad Boys

He has. But, in 50-odd games you’re bound to have a few off games.

Even look at Ponticelli, scored corkers v Notts County and Crawley, followed up by missing a clear cut chance v Lincoln. That’s life as a striker!

Mucca Mad Boys

Never doubted him. Always thought it was only a question of time...although he’s surpassed my expectations. I hoped for maybe 15.
My Pompey contacts (hello mum & dad) rated him.

Agreed here! Statistically, he scored a goal every 2.7 games with Pompey, over 46 games that’s 17 goals. My expectation was about 15-20 goals. Staggeringly, he has managed to bump up his average to a goal every 1.7 games.

I think we’ll keep him too, Robins seems adamant he’s not going to sell him unless it’s stupid money. At 25, will probably fly under the radars of most Championship clubs, so I think we mainly have to worry about SPL teams coming in for him. My gut feeling says either Jan 2019 or after his contract expires.

Lamptey

To a few at Chesterfield that day back in September thought he was a dud. A striker putting himself in good positions just having a bad day.

McNulty could break George Hudson record of 24 league goals 28 in all competitions in 1963-64 and only a goal behind Bobby Gould’s league total of 24 in 1966-67.

this, Robins knew, his touch early on was class...... so many clowns saying he wasn't good enough.

Otis

I did. I remember saying I was expecting more from him at one point and I was disappointed.

So happy he has proved me wrong and many, many others too.

Terry Gibson's perm

The nine match winners are very important, I couldn’t see him scoring ten this season never mind twenty as he is a Coventry striker and normally they don’t do that.

steve82

Interesting that if you split McNulty’s ccfc season In half to Boxing Day the first 23 league games he scored 7 goals in 1446 mins of football making 17 starts and 2 sub appearances
A goal every 206 mins

In his last 22 league games he’s 16 league goals in 1899 mins
A goal around every 118 mins with 22 starts.

Over the season he’s 39 starts, 2 sub appearances, 3345 mins played, 23 league goals. That’s a goal every roughly every 145 mins.

Happy_Martian

Sparky has turned his season around since December. And contrary to other opinions, I'm still a believer that he's our current Micky Quinn to Biamou's Robert Rosario. A great pairing and one that seems to give McNulty space (and belief??) to do what he's got the obvious skill to accomplish.

steve82

Sparky has turned his season around since December. And contrary to other opinions, I'm still a believer that he's our current Micky Quinn to Biamou's Robert Rosario. A great pairing and one that seems to give McNulty space (and belief??) to do what he's got the obvious skill to accomplish.

Interesting you mention Maxime Biamou.

Since Boxing Day the half way point if the season.
Biamou 5 league goals in 942 mins
A goal every 188 mins
10 starts, 10 sub appearances

Similar to his form at Sutton after adapting to the level.
Let’s not write him off yet for next year.

standupforcity

A goal every 188 mins

Biamou is a quality player...imaginative, with great ball control and the ability to win most headers constructively. The goals are coming...it can only get better. I predict big time football for him!

steve82

Biamou is a quality player...imaginative, with great ball control and the ability to win most headers constructively. The goals are coming...it can only get better. I predict big time football for him!

I like him, I like what he brings. Does the ugly stuff and hard work to help McNulty find pockets of space.

A assist and a goal from the big man yesterday.

Mucca Mad Boys

A goal every 188 mins

He’s showing some good form atm, and I think his first season has been a big transition for him, from part-timer to professional and non-league to L2, hopefully he can hit 10 league goals at least next season.

Same with JCH, I think if we’re to sign a striker for next season, will probably be a lump to ring off the bench. If we keep McNulty, having a supporting cast of Biamou, JCH and JP, I think, covers most bases.

Mcbean

Fuck me i think after the next game - he should be mysteriously kidnapped by us lot for wherever we are playing
Cuse me Have you seen McNulty ? - No boss no idea

Users who are viewing this thread