Meanwhile in Sunderland... (1 Viewer)

JHarding1987

My pet name for the is Scumderland. Loved it when we stuffed them 5-0 in 1989 - Steve Livingstone smashed the wankers. I hate Scumderland more than any other club.

Gint11

I just researched it again to remind myself. 1977. We did use 'tactics' to ensure we knew what the scores were etc to which we were punished, I get that. But at the end of the day, Sunderland only needed to draw or win to stay up and they didn't. So Sunderland fans, vent your anger at the fact your team was shit and didn't win enough games! Fuck sake. Talk about deflecting blame onto others lol.

Gint11

Yeah, and the season where they threw big red balls on the pitch against Liverpool. The cheek of it!!!

SkyBlueSid

The really stupid part of this saga is that their fans believe the urban myth of what happened on that night in 1977, not the genuine version. The game was only delayed for 6 minutes and it was nothing to do with Jimmy Hill. When the teams called a truce near the end, it was a chance we took as it was only 1-0 to Everton at the time and an equaliser would have sent us down. Their moronic fans have embellished the facts over the years to fuel their own hatred, instead of blaming their own players for failing to get the point they needed.

I have no time for Sunderland at all and admit that I've had a chuckle at every one of their many relegations over the years. But they are not worth the effort of hating, they are an insignificant club from an area where football failure is the norm. For their retards to be bleating on about something that they think happened from 37 years ago sums up their lack of anything positive in their lives.

HighfieldRoader

We should really take it as a compliment that a Premier League club is still thinking about us after all these years. As Wilde said, the only thing worse than people talking about you is them not talking about you.

ollyservetta

sunderland fan living in Nuneaton ,town full of villa , utd etc shirts ,only the odd cov ,and we are the glory hunting bell ends ,you fucking utter prick , you fucking knob

Covstu

That thread is the funniest thing I have seen in ages! I am flattered that we have a hate thread on a premier league teams forum !! :)

Sad little mackems, always living in the shadow of the Black and white and even they are shite too so that's not saying much!!

So funny!!

Sky Blue Sheepy

I can understand why those there that day were angry, I'd be fuming too, though I don't believe those that said they'd feel ashamed for doing it. They'd have been relieved to stay up as I imagine we did (wasn't alive at the time)

I was there at Highfield Road and was one of those fans still outside at 7.30 (kick off time) Got in just before kick off at 7.40 Tbh we should have wrapped the game up at 2-0 and Bristol would have gone down but they pulled it back. At the end when the scoreboard announced the Goodison score (no mobile phones in those days!) both teams virtually stopped playing! I'm sure Sunderland would have done the same and I can't believe they still harbour a grudge after all this time. 36000 packed into HR and still ranks as one of those great memories.

Users who are viewing this thread