Meltdown (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Don't despair. 2 draws from the last 2 games will be enough. Mansfield have imploded.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It’s a bit OTT. We are 7th with 2 games to go and a 3 point lead.

Bigger picture than just tonight.

I thought with the ball we played well. Without it we were fairly weak, Grimmer (one of my players of the season) had an absolute stinker and Rhead ran the two centre backs ragged but it appears Haynes will take the blame for the entire performance despite having a decent second half, and just a shakey first 20 minutes or so. We need four points maximum from last two games. Not disastrous. According to some on here, our squad is Sunday league and robins should head down his local goals centre to manage a five a side team. It really is madness. The life of a Coventry fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If we go 1-0 down against Morecambe when we need a 3 goal win or something are people going to just say it's all in our hands?

Londonccfcfan

I stayed off here as long as possible predicting it would be like Facebook after the favourite off X Factor has been voted off... I came back too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not meltdown just yet. But will be if we lose to cheltenham and mansfield win.

Then we are well and truly fucked! All because of our pathetic goal difference. Like i have been saying for weeks now. GD is crucial. And its going to fuck us up big time.

Otis

We will need about 6 or 7 vs Morecambe if we lose on Saturday and mansfiekd win.
IF Mansfield went on to win their last game too.

If we cock this up now the manager and players deserve every single bit of flak flying their way.

We had 3 games to simply win 1 and draw 1.

There will be a lot of vitriol if we now do not achieve that.

I do worry about Eisa on Saturday. He was a player we couldn't contain here at the Ricoh.

ajsccfc

In the grand scheme of getting into the playoffs we could afford to lose and it doesn't make a giant difference if we do what's needed for the next two games, but I really think in order to take on the playoffs we'd need to have some momentum behind us and our defence waiting until the season was 90% done before remembering we're Coventry City and reverting to clown college type doesn't fill me with confidence.

Otis

In the grand scheme of getting into the playoffs we could afford to lose and it doesn't make a giant difference if we do what's needed for the next two games, but I really think in order to take on the playoffs we'd need to have some momentum behind us and our defence waiting until the season was 90% done before remembering we're Coventry City and reverting to clown college type doesn't fill me with confidence.

Our backline has gone from this....
c11ef404469d0b17b37eb51f5c6e8366.jpg

To this.....

happy clowns.jpg

ccfc_ukr

It is, but in 2 of the last 3 home games we have let in 6 and then 4.

If you are letting in 6 goals in a home game and then 4 goals in a home game there is clearly something very wrong.

I pretty much text the exact same thing to my mate on the way home!

We were bullied out of the game last night, and they were a horrid team who seem to have the ref in their pocket! I can't recall Burge making a save other than right at the end (I'm usually a supporter of his), and McNulty may as well have stayed at home! True we have a couple of games still to go, and a win at the weekend should arrest most of the fears. That said, all this talk of team x or y imploding, it seems we fit the mould with that too!

Defo squeaky bum time!

Londonccfcfan

IF Mansfield went on to win their last game too.

If we cock this up now the manager and players deserve every single bit of flak flying their way.

We had 3 games to simply win 1 and draw 1.

There will be a lot of vitriol if we now do not achieve that.

I do worry about Eisa on Saturday. He was a player we couldn't contain here at the Ricoh.

Fact is if we hadnt strolled about the park pathetically passing it backwards for 45 mins 2nd half vs Stevenage vs 10 men against a team with nothing to play for we eouldnt be in this mess. Good teams dont waste 45 mins of football when the other team is on the mat.

Nick

Administrator
Fact is if we hadnt strolled about the park pathetically passing it backwards for 45 mins 2nd half vs Stevenage vs 10 men against a team with nothing to play for we eouldnt be in this mess. Good teams dont waste 45 mins of football when the other team is on the mat.

It isn't just that game.

We have had no urgency to go and get wins all season.

Colchester at home they had a player sent off, they weren't even getting out of their half but we were still happy to just pass it between defenders rather than go for the kill.

Londonccfcfan

Im afraid for me the 2nd half vs Stevenage was scandalous. And it followed through to yesterdays performance.

You fucking give it everything for 90 plus minutes or fuck off.

Nick

Administrator
That's why teams like Lincoln will do well. Wycombe score shit loads of last minute winners.

Luton last minute equaliser against us.

Londonccfcfan

Ho
That's why teams like Lincoln will do well. Wycombe score shit loads of last minute winners.

Luton last minute equaliser against us.
How many goals we scored after 86 mins.

Answer very few and probably the lowest in the league.

coop

Don't despair. 2 draws from the last 2 games will be enough. Mansfield have imploded.
They haven't imploded and are still in with a good chance as all the pressure is on us now.We needed a draw at the very least last night. I think our players especially Burge and a few others can't cope with pressure the last two games are going to be very difficult.

Londonccfcfan

They haven't imploded and are still in with a good chance as all the pressure is on us now.We needed a draw at the very least last night. I think our players especially Burge and a few others can't cope with pressure the last two games are going to be very difficult.
Yesterdays result will be huge boost to them. Add thst the goal difference. They have a glimmer of hope and we have given it to them.

coop

Mansfield will beat Yeovil Saturday and we will lose Saturday it's life as a cov fan unfortunately and if we blow it now it will be tough for me to motivate myself for next season.

Otis

Mansfield will beat Yeovil Saturday and we will lose Saturday it's life as a cov fan unfortunately and if we blow it now it will be tough for me to motivate myself for next season.
I think Yeovil may do okay against Mansfield on Saturday. Last night they confirmed their safety and now they will be playing with some freedom. I know they haven't won since they beat us, but they look a decent outfit going forwards and Mansfield HAVE to win, which should allow Yeovil a bit of space.

I can well see a draw or even a Yeovil win there, so even if we lose we might well still be 2 or 3 points clear.

Legia Sky Blue

I think Yeovil may do okay against Mansfield on Saturday. Last night they confirmed their safety and now they will be playing with some freedom. I know they haven't won since they beat us, but they look a decent outfit going forwards and Mansfield HAVE to win, which should allow Yeovil a bit of space.

I can well see a draw or even a Yeovil win there, so even if we lose we might well still be 2 or 3 points clear.

The Yeovil performance at the Ricoh was a one off freak - they are not very good. We would be unwise to count on them doing us any favours against Mansfield. We have to at least draw against Cheltenham so come the last game it is in our hands either way.

Otis

The Yeovil performance at the Ricoh was a one off freak - they are not very good. We would be unwise to count on them doing us any favours against Mansfield. We have to at least draw against Cheltenham so come the last game it is in our hands either way.
They were very fast on the break against us, so they may well give Mansfield some problems I feel.

Legia Sky Blue

..... against us. It was a freak & not typical. If they get a result against Mansfield it is more likely to do with Mansfield's limitations rather than Yeovil's qualities.

steve cooper

We have been bullied by physical teams all season, but if we can't take 4 points from two teams in the bottom half of the table with nothing to play for, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Saturday will tell us everything. If we want it badly enough, and if we are good enough to have a chance of winning the playoffs we will take something from the game. There is no point as far as I can see, in qualifying by the default of Mansfield. 2 games against lower table opposition, 4 points required. Simple!! Forget last night.

ceetee

We have been bullied by physical teams all season, but if we can't take 4 points from two teams in the bottom half of the table with nothing to play for, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Saturday will tell us everything. If we want it badly enough, and if we are good enough to have a chance of winning the playoffs we will take something from the game. There is no point as far as I can see, in qualifying by the default of Mansfield. 2 games against lower table opposition, 4 points required. Simple!! Forget last night.

I don't disagree with your analysis but we tried to forget Yeovil, and we're running out of games to forget

Sky Blue Harry H

100% from team and fans on Saturday - and Yeovil to prove a thorn in Mansfield's side. Saturday night we'll all feel a bit better.

steve cooper

I don't disagree with your analysis but we tried to forget Yeovil, and we're running out of games to forget
Yes, Yeovil and last night's result was a bit of an eye opener, for me anyway. But I could see similarities between the two games, and how the opposition were set up, and how they approached the game, getting in our faces and coming at us early. Need to learn from this IMO

SAJ

Mansfield don't have to win on Saturday. If the worst was to happen with our goal difference they only need 3 points over 2 games. Morecambe isn't a forgone conclusion they tore us to pieces up there when they were the lowest scorers in the league at the time and hasn't taken a point for weeks. We as fans and a team need to be positive, focus on our strengths so irrespective of what Mansfield do we take it out of their hands. Another positive Lincoln are at AC on Saturday. AC can win the league in front of their own fans so Lincoln losing and us winning puts them under pressure on the 5th as well.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Mansfield don't have to win on Saturday. If the worst was to happen with our goal difference they only need 3 points over 2 games. Morecambe isn't a forgone conclusion they tore us to pieces up there when they were the lowest scorers in the league at the time and hasn't taken a point for weeks. We as fans and a team need to be positive, focus on our strengths so irrespective of what Mansfield do we take it out of their hands. Another positive Lincoln are at AC on Saturday. AC can win the league in front of their own fans so Lincoln losing and us winning puts them under pressure on the 5th as well.
We only have to worry about winning our next game . If we do then it doesn't matter what Mansfield do. Even if they win it's one game less and they are running our of matches. If both teams win it will be the Mansfield players who will be more keen to see how we did rather than the other way round.

Users who are viewing this thread