Mid table finish (1 Viewer)

skybluenewman

I am sure that we will finish mid table now. I really am not looking forward to the game on wednesday, i feel it has a draw written all over it. I think we should be playing two up front starting elliot and clarke upfront. I think cyrus should be brought in for clarke.

I was very optimistic about the playoffs but really feel we have no chance now. I know we got a result on thursday but look at preston losing 3-1. Shows they are a weak side especially playing at home to the likes of walsall.

Bagsy

we beat Walsall 5-1 so your logic doesn't make sense.

If only picking results of football matches was as easy as you make it sound. Different game = different factors at play = you can't predict.

Plymouth Sky Blue

I am sure that we will finish mid table now. I really am not looking forward to the game on wednesday, i feel it has a draw written all over it. I think we should be playing two up front starting elliot and clarke upfront. I think cyrus should be brought in for clarke.

I was very optimistic about the playoffs but really feel we have no chance now. I know we got a result on thursday but look at preston losing 3-1. Shows they are a weak side especially playing at home to the likes of walsall.

Whilst you may well be right and we may well end up mid table, I don't understand the mentality of writing off our play off chances.
We are only 6 points behind MK Dons in 6th, and there are 19 games left to play. I know results have to go our way and we have to be winning, but there is still a good chance we can do it. Keep the faith!!!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Top 6 is more than achievable, little setbacks, but we have enough about us.

Sky Blue Sheepy

6 points is far from unachievable and I still think we can make it. Right back is an odd one for me atm. Clarke is probably the better defender, but Christie doesn't muck about with it in our box as much and his pace causes defenses trouble. Wish we could merge them both into 1 super RB

stupot07

We need to win on Wednesday anything less than 3 points will be a disaster. Bournemouth, MK dons and Swindon will all have 2 games in hand.

dongonzalos

A fit and hungry ( not for food) Cody alongside Clarke would be good. Defences would really struggle with that.

It will be a good test of MR now.

He needs to shake it up a bit. We were poor against Preston and have lost to Shrews and Carlisle.

He needs to change it around and get the desire going

Last edited:

CJparker

Agree 100% with this post

SkyBlue_Bear83

A fit and hungry ( not for food) Cody alongside Clarke would be good. Defences would really struggle with that.

He needs to shake it up a bit. We were poor against Preston and have lost to Shrews and Carlisle.

Mcdonald is a waste of time, he has been here for 18 months now and accomplished nothing. Fair enough if he only been here for 6 months or something but he has been here a year and a half and flopped. Needs to move on

Although I agree about shaking it up, Robins seems reluctant to use the squad even in busy periods preferring to stick with a consistent side

Otis

We need to win on Wednesday anything less than 3 points will be a disaster. Bournemouth, MK dons and Swindon will all have 2 games in hand.

Bit extreme, Stu. A disaster? We are playing the team at the top of the table. I would hardly call a draw on Wednesday a disaster.

dongonzalos

Mcdonald is a waste of time, he has been here for 18 months now and accomplished nothing. Fair enough if he only been here for 6 months or something but he has been here a year and a half and flopped. Needs to move on

Although I agree about shaking it up, Robins seems reluctant to use the squad even in busy periods preferring to stick with a consistent side

Such a waste of talent another Fatswood

Sick Boy

The myth of Mcdonald is better off being forgotten, IMO.

It was not long ago that we scored twice in a couple of minutes to come from behind and win, it is not as though we have a particular problem with desire, or in need of a shake up.

Grendel

McDonald is a waste of space. A terrible signing.

Now of course we have the problem. Ideally we would expect changes to be made. However, the squad is large but poor in quality. We have been relying on 9 players performing every week. The back up squad is very average. I expect us to finish mid table which considering the low quality of the squad I think will be an achievement.

I expect only 2 of the summer signings to be here next season.

None of them will be missed.

To you really mean no desire? Compared to last season its increased 1000%.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bit extreme, Stu. A disaster? We are playing the team at the top of the table. I would hardly call a draw on Wednesday a disaster.
In isolation of only looking at the result it wouldn't be a disaster

In the context of the play off chase it would be pretty close to disaster

stupot07

I meant in the context of being 5-6 points behind the top 6 and them having 2 games in hand.

dongonzalos

The myth of Mcdonald is better off being forgotten, IMO.

It was not long ago that we scored twice in a couple of minutes to come from behind and win, it is not as though we have a particular problem with desire, or in need of a shake up.

We lost to Shrewsbury, we were poor against Preston and we have now lost against Carlisle.

It does need shaking up Robins is a good manager he will come up with something.

Grendel

We lost to Shrewsbury, we were poor against Preston and we have now lost against Carlisle.

It does need shaking up Robins is a good manager he will come up with something.

He already has. It's a very average squad - he has overachieved.

@richh87

I believe this is a top 6 squad in this division, and that we have depth by League 1 standards.

We need a couple of good signings in this window to bolster the starting eleven. Jennings could be improved upon in my opinion; get someone who's more mobile and powerful.

dongonzalos

I believe this is a top 6 squad in this division, and that we have depth by League 1 standards.

We need a couple of good signings in this window to bolster the starting eleven. Jennings could be improved upon in my opinion; get someone who's more mobile and powerful.

Thomas could do that role IMO

Yes definitely a top six squad the options are there to shake things up

@richh87

Yep, Thomas definitely could. He has lots of potential and will be a Championship player once he gets experience.

I do think we could do with some tough, nasty bastards in the team. The kind Neil Warnock buys that give that edge that grinds out results even when you play badly like today.

Grendel

Definately better than tranmere -- so you say.

stupot07

There's not that many options to mix it up.

Right back - christie was struggling and plenty of people on here said he needed dropping/resting, Clarkes come in a struggle and now lots of posts saying we need a new right back.

Centre back - Cameron he's a mixed bag.

No cover at left back.

Strikers - we have Clarke and Elliott

Apart from Moussa and Clarke we lack pace in the final third

We also don't really have any natural width for plan b.

We ave been really lucky under Robins that we have not yet had an injury crisis with 3-4 key players out.

Grendel

There's not that many options to mix it up.

Right back - christie was struggling and plenty of people on here said he needed dropping/resting, Clarkes come in a struggle and now lots of posts saying we need a new right back.

Centre back - Cameron he's a mixed bag.

No cover at left back.

Strikers - we have Clarke and Elliott

Apart from Moussa and Clarke we lack pace in the final third

We also don't really have any natural width for plan b.

We ave been really lucky under Robins that we have not yet had an injury crisis with 3-4 key players out.

Exactly. Squad is very limited in terms of options. We let in far too many goals but the defence picks itself and the forwards all have poor scoring records. I don't think the top teams will be too envious of our "quality" in those areas.

If we do have injuries to the centre backs, Adams or the forwards we have issues.

Before anyone bleats about Hussey look where he ended up. He was always below league one level as are most of the summer purchases.

Grendel

Grendel

Luckily you stuck with hilarious

Remind me where are they in the league. The thread title in afraid is still the most likely outcome.

SkyBlueCharlie

Remind me where are they in the league. The thread title in afraid is still the most likely outcome.

So now we have beaten Tranmere with a display that was both quality and gritty (hung on well at the end when they put us under some heavy pressure) does that make a difference to your view? I tend to think that the playoffs are a possibility but no more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread