Mid table finish (1 Viewer)

Grendel

So now we have beaten Tranmere with a display that was both quality and gritty (hung on well at the end when they put us under some heavy pressure) does that make a difference to your view? I tend to think that the playoffs are a possibility but no more than that.

Which actually is also my view. I am not negative but we have lost twice to Shrewsbury and Carlisle. I guess home form is the key. We need to win the vast majority of remaining home games to have a chance.

dongonzalos

Which actually is also my view. I am not negative but we have lost twice to Shrewsbury and Carlisle. I guess home form is the key. We need to win the vast majority of remaining home games to have a chance.

Just wish we were playing all the top sides only!

Instead of stressing about how many points we need, can't we just enjoy the fact that we are winning games and if that carries on and we make it brilliant, if not we will have a great chance next year and we will have halted the deterioration of our club on the pitch.

Hullinho87

Instead of stressing about how many points we need, can't we just enjoy the fact that we are winning games and if that carries on and we make it brilliant, if not we will have a great chance next year and we will have halted the deterioration of our club on the pitch.

Exactly! What he said. Are Tranmere fans suggesting today that their squad is limited because they lost to us (a mid table side, at the time). I have had a look on the forum and they are not, they are just happy of their upwardly mobile position and just move onto the next game.

We should just be the same, win or lose, every four points we take out of 7 should be the focus for us till the end of the season, whoever the opposition are.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Exactly! What he said. Are Tranmere fans suggesting today that their squad is limited because they lost to us (a mid table side, at the time). I have had a look on the forum and they are not, they are just happy of their upwardly mobile position and just move onto the next game.

We should just be the same, win or lose, every four points we take out of 7 should be the focus for us till the end of the season, whoever the opposition are.

Too right they are happy.

They are over achieving massively.

Hullinho87

Too right they are happy.

They are over achieving massively.

But then the argument of most of this thread is that we are over achieving with a "limited squad" etc. .... but then people are treating it as a negative, Tranmere fans and other teams are not!

dongonzalos

But then the argument of most of this thread is that we are over achieving with a "limited squad" etc. .... but then people are treating it as a negative, Tranmere fans and other teams are not!

In the last 15 games we are doing what this squad should be doing.

By far one of the best squads in the division.

Users who are viewing this thread