Match Thread Middlesbrough - Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 1st Jan (2 Viewers)

AJB1983

Hopefully Wright isn’t badly injured…. I don’t think he was even getting on the bench for the Oxford game so hopefully a week or two to recover if it’s only minor.

MalcSB

was something thrown at collins, looked like something hit the back of his head
also, may be being ott but 1 yellow for the foul...then booted the ball away ...not a second?
Tats looked like the player stood on this ankle but nothing given because he got back up?
Dive in the box, infact a few dives by boro players nothing shown

ah well, fuck em....great result!!!!!
It was the ball.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

is that a positive double figure goal difference too now?

down to a strong and stingy defence, and forward players who can actually put the ball in the net - if Tats ever lines up at right back again I’ll lose my shit…!

amazing what a bit of confidence can do, the whole team to a man played very well today, even Eccles improved 2nd half and played a great reverse pass for the start of the move that led to our third goal.

Binks was a good stand-in, and understandable he took a bit of time to get back into the swing of it but looked solid after that, and I also thought Godden looked up for it when he came on - I think that’s his role now but he’s a good option to have.

a couple of good strong championship experienced players in the transfer window, and who knows where this team goes from here - 10 points from 12 over the festive period (and should’ve really been 12), or 15 out of 21 in December after Ipswich isn’t something to be sniffed at.

I reckon we would’ve done Ipswich too if we’d stuck to our guns, but that’s just me!

PUSB and actually looking forward to playing Leicester now, which in some respects is just a free hit….but I just have a sneaky feeling….. 🤫

BackRoomRummermill

down to a strong and stingy defence, and forward players who can actually put the ball in the net - if Tats ever lines up at right back again I’ll lose my shit…!

amazing what a bit of confidence can do, the whole team to a man played very well today, even Eccles improved 2nd half and played a great reverse pass for the start of the move that led to our third goal.

Binks was a good stand-in, and understandable he took a bit of time to get back into the swing of it but looked solid after that, and I also thought Godden looked up for it when he came on - I think that’s his role now but he’s a good option to have.

a couple of good strong championship experienced players in the transfer window, and who knows where this team goes from here - 10 points from 12 over the festive period (and should’ve really been 12), or 15 out of 21 in December after Ipswich isn’t something to be sniffed at.

I reckon we would’ve done Ipswich too if we’d stuck to our guns, but that’s just me!

PUSB and actually looking forward to playing Leicester now, which in some respects is just a free hit….but I just have a sneaky feeling….. 🤫

GD a massive indicator of who we are in this league - the team in form

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Team for Oxford

Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks Da Silva
Eccles allen
Ayari
Palmer Godden Tavares
agree in some respects, and should still be strong enough to beat them, but personally I think they need to keep the momentum going so would possibly throw a few more first teamers in too - Simms from the start, Tats on the bench, O’Hare maybe too

baldy

Yeah +10 GD now

Users who are viewing this thread