Match Thread Middlesbrough ("H") - Tues 2nd March - 19:00 KO - St. Andrews (2 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

It's just so frustrating. Absolutely infuriating.

It was always going to be tough this season against better quality players, that was a gimme. But, we've been absolutely determined to help teams at all costs. Some of our mistakes this season have been beyond shocking, and we're either not learning from them or are just incapable of learning from them.

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody want to see us on a flat pitch. The Trillion pitch turned that largely into a slugfest. Didn't deserve a win, perhaps deserved a draw (but only just) Noro's defence was good and Walker barely got a sniff. Regroup and go again. No time to sulk.

Blind-Faith

Haven’t usually been pissed off when getting beat this season, but am tonight , Middlesbrough didn’t deserve 3 points at all. Draw was a fair result , Wilson didn’t have a save to make all night! Especially after going 1-0 up. Though mcfadz was brilliant at the back

ccfc92

Fuckin embarrassing, gifting them 3 points when they were pure dog shit.

Even at 1-2, we hardly looked interested.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Don’t think we had a shot on target. Need to be adventurous if we are to win games. Felt we were playing for draw until it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBC site list zero shots on target. I cant imagine Wycombe no having a shot on target.
Basically we are playing it seems without any strikers suitable at this level.
Cant believe goal conceded so late, This result could be massively costly at end of season sadly.

Hobo

He makes things worse compare their strikers movement to him - he creates nothing and just gets in the way most of the time

Walkers movement has been non existent - otherwise our midfield would be hitting Walker and missing Biamou out.

mark82

It's just so frustrating. Absolutely infuriating.

It was always going to be tough this season against better quality players, that was a gimme. But, we've been absolutely determined to help teams at all costs. Some of our mistakes this season have been beyond shocking, and we're either not learning from them or are just incapable of learning from them.

We 100% threw the game away tonight.

shepardo01

Derby 4-0 down. We have to go for the win Saturday
Very optimistic.
. We just don't/can't edge teams out....as I said earlier, we aren't bad, but just "match" teams...can never seem to get an upper hand.
These sides will be scrapping for their lives, on poor pitches, and sadly, I just don't see us having it in us to win hardly any more games...

Liquid Gold

Huddersfield haven’t won in about a year and we’re still not above them.

February was supposed to be the killer. March could be the one that really fucks us. We need to beat Derby on Saturday now, huge 6 point game that didn’t need to be if we just picked up a few more easy points by doing the most obvious basic things.

Fergusons_Beard

Should maybe have said they were there for the taking. If we knew how to shoot, of course.

Never had a chance to Mark-can you actually remember an attempt to get a shot off or a position to do so.

Fucking awful composure in the final third has been our Achilles heal all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
Everyone has worked hard but Boro came to wear us down and nick a result at the end
Which is what they did late on after bringing on players we could never afford
Typical Warnock football unfortunately
So we left tired players on the pitch?

Magwitch1

Dabo should have subbed ages ago...he was so knackered. Left the spare man.
No he wasn’t, he was poor defensively their right wing were all over him when attacking, they created a number of dangerous situations down our right hand side including the winning goal.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Again for to much respect shown to a team higher up the league, never looked like threatening them really apart from our OG long throw.

0 shots on target something has to change and quick 5 massive games coming up and it needs to be much improved from tonight.

Sky Blue Pete

Have a day off - Allen, Bakayoko Jobello and Gyorkes are not tired - we can all see the position we are in
Explain it then. You have a day off!!! So many poor performances out there. Everyone has slated gyo and baka. Allen could have come on I don’t know why he didn’t change it but come on

usskyblue

We're not going to stay up trying to not lose at home, the game has been there for us to go and try to win second half and we've just not done it.

We're sat mostly in our own half all of the time and the goal was inevitable.

I have to say I put a lot of this on Robins, we either want to win games or we don't

I agree but Risk/Reward is a lot easier when you have the talent in the squad to actually execute. When you know you don’t have enough strength in depth the risk of getting hammered every week outweighs everything. When the flowing passing game isn’t working we end up hoping we’ll nick something.

Barring two other teams we’re playing opponents that know this league inside out and a few that were playing in the Prem last year.Survival this season would be an immense achievement.

Last edited:

mark82

Never had a chance to Mark-can you actually remember an attempt to get a shot off or a position to do so.

Fucking awful composure in the final third has been our Achilles heal all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's piss poor. Squad needs an overhaul in the summer.

jordan210

Dint Robins say the other week. The only way to get players fit is by playing them. So he doesn't even give them 15 mins when we need fresh legs

covcity4life

Tired isn't the issue. He went to the ball and left his man free. It's basic defending. I wa shouting st the TV for him not to do it. Could see how much trouble we be in if Boro player spotted the pass which he did

Users who are viewing this thread