Middlesbrough (1 Viewer)

fatso

They fought so hard, I hope their fans are proud of them. If they can keep that squad together they'll be up next season.

slowpoke

I watched a number of Leeds games towards the end of the season and they were useless, full of overrated and probably highly paid players. Don’t fear them in the slightest. Leicester could be tough but for some reason their owner has pulled the finance strings very tight can’t work out what’s happening there, Southampton lot of young players think they could be challengers.

robbiekeane

I watched a number of Leeds games towards the end of the season and they were useless, full of overrated and probably highly paid players. Don’t fear them in the slightest. Leicester could be tough but for some reason their owner has pulled the finance strings very tight can’t work out what’s happening there, Southampton lot of young players think they could be challengers.
For some reason like being the owners of a duty free shop empire during a global pandemic

SeaSeeEffCee

Watford was not an anomaly, its a mess of a club.
I meant it's an anomaly to have two of the relegated teams shit the bed as much as Norwich and Watford have this season. Southampton, Leicester and Leeds will all make £50m+ in sales mininum (could even see Leicester and Southampton both clearing £100m once Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Maddison, Barnes etc. are all gone) added on top of their parachute payments. Would take some massive fuck ups for them to not all be challenging for autos next year.

clint van damme

I meant it's an anomaly to have two of the relegated teams shit the bed as much as Norwich and Watford have this season. Southampton, Leicester and Leeds will all make £50m+ in sales mininum (could even see Leicester and Southampton both clearing £100m once Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Maddison, Barnes etc. are all gone) added on top of their parachute payments. Would take some massive fuck ups for them to not all be challenging for autos next year.

My moneys on Southampton.
I don't think all is well at the wrong end of the M69.

theferret

Yep, Leicester can raise £100m from the sale of their major assets quite easily, could make serious reductions to their wage bill, would still have a strong squad and a comparatively large budget.

I'm not sure they're quite as much in the shit as people are making out.

SeaSeeEffCee

Yep, Leicester can raise £100m from the sale of their major assets quite easily, could make serious reductions to their wage bill, would still have a strong squad and a comparatively large budget.

People were saying the same about Burnley last season and see how that worked out.

David O'Day

they took out a stupid loan secured by future tv money, now that has been reduced it could mean they have to use the parachute money to service this

plus the rest of their 300 million in debt

alexccfc99

£100m is a stretch, hardly in a position to be able to drive a hard bargain are they

Maddison and Barnes will raise a fair bit of money, Tielemans is off on a free and is anyone else even that good?

skyblueelephant76

they took out a stupid loan secured by future tv money, now that has been reduced it could mean they have to use the parachute money to service this

plus the rest of their 300 million in debt
Leicester had to pay £19m a quarter in interest on that loan last year and also had a wage bill of £180 with income of £214m.

Their income will drop to £70m which won't even cover the loan payments so they have massive work to do.

They have players like Ricardo Pereira who is on £100k a week, under contract until 2026 and has averaged 12 games a season for the last three years.

fatso

Leicester had to pay £19m a quarter in interest on that loan last year and also had a wage bill of £180 with income of £214m.

Their income will drop to £70m which won't even cover the loan payments so they have massive work to do.

They have players like Ricardo Pereira who is on £100k a week, under contract until 2026 and has averaged 12 games a season for the last three years.
I can see them going into free fall, it's going to be very tough to stay afloat and still abide by ffp rules.

fatso

He may be richest guy in sports ownership, but the owner doesn't want to see his inheritance pissed up the wall apparently.

He clearly has more sense than his dad.

Users who are viewing this thread