midlands today (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

Appleton is quoted as saying confusion over the golden share dates back to 1995.... Surely that's wrong cus we were prem league then and it's a different share???

TheHellion

As I understand it, when the Premier League was formed, we resigned from the Football League, therefore surely they would have had their share back at that point. As the PL and FL are seperate entities, I wouldn't have thought we'd have needed the FL share to play in the Premier. So therefore, the share would not have been issued until 2001 when we were relegated? This is purely speculative, and a guess, rather than a factual assumption mind you.

If anybody else knows any differently, then I stand to corrected of course

Bluegloucester

As I understand it, when the Premier League was formed, we resigned from the Football League, therefore surely they would have had their share back at that point. As the PL and FL are seperate entities, I wouldn't have thought we'd have needed the FL share to play in the Premier. So therefore, the share would not have been issued until 2001 when we were relegated? This is purely speculative, and a guess, rather than a factual assumption mind you.

If anybody else knows any differently, then I stand to corrected of course
You are correct, I have given a full description of the events on a previous post. Will repeat in the morning.

Bluegloucester

You are correct, I have given a full description of the events on a previous post. Will repeat in the morning.

Here you go:

In 1996, while the club was in the Premier League, all the football related contracts and agreements were transferred to CCFC Ltd (company no; 3056875). When the club were relegated to the Football League the FL golden share was issued to CCFC Ltd.

I have had this confirmed from someone who worked for the Club.

Users who are viewing this thread