Might be controversial, but...... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

We have a game against Blackburn, with a dubiously fit team (illness,etc.) which we may well lose due to the aforementioned - but we still have to go for it.
This is followed by a Saturday game against Watford, who - even if we were at full strength (unlikely) could beat us comfortably.
Then, we play Wigan at home on Tuesday.

I would pick the strongest team available for Blackburn, then pick a completely second string, full of Josh Reid, Ryan Howley types to face Watford. Rest Hamer, O'Hare and all so that they will have had a full week's rest for the Wigan game (close to being a 'must win')

It would be a ballsy decision and fans going to Watford will obviously grumble, but the bigger picture is, if we are dead on our feet when we come to face Wigan, we could easily slip up in a game we should win.

Hobo

Just pick the fittest best players that are available for each game. Which is probably what happens every game.

no_loyalty

We are better away from home, so have more chance of beating Watford than Wigan.

JeffB

I understand your logic however we are Coventry City FC and we are masters of the illogical result. One factor missing from your analysis is our record in matches at home against opponents from the North West of England since our promotion to the Championship. On Tuesday Blackburn will be our ninth home fixture against a team from the North West and we are winless in the previous eight.
In fact if it were not for equalisers in the 98th and 99th minutes against Preston and Blackburn last season our total points total out of 24 would be 1 point ( a draw against Blackpool last season). We have yet to play Wigan but you can understand this Coventry fan's reluctance to take anything for granted at all.

Seaside-Skyblue

I understand your logic however we are Coventry City FC and we are masters of the illogical result. One factor missing from your analysis is our record in matches at home against opponents from the North West of England since our promotion to the Championship. On Tuesday Blackburn will be our ninth home fixture against a team from the North West and we are winless in the previous eight.
In fact if it were not for equalisers in the 98th and 99th minutes against Preston and Blackburn last season our total points total out of 24 would be 1 point ( a draw against Blackpool last season). We have yet to play Wigan but you can understand this Coventry fan's reluctance to take anything for granted at all.
Well it's a good job we won't be playing at "home" next week then. All part of the master plan. Being from the north west, this poor record certainly isn't lost on me as I have to put up with the work bants all week :(

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread