Milan van Ewijk Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Just seems to get better with every game. A real asset both going forward and defensively; speed and strength as well as increasingly reading the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Not bad for someone who can’t play fullback according to a few on here.
Nobody said he couldn’t. What has surprised me is to see a full back being deployed far more aggressively than a wing back, which is where I assumed there would be a problem.

wingy

Really impressed with his durabity, after his knock, just carried on, no after effects or going into his shell.

PVA

Nobody said he couldn’t. What has surprised me is to see a full back being deployed far more aggressively than a wing back, which is where I assumed there would be a problem.

The downside to wing backs is they're often up against two wide players.

Playing two wide players ourselves means Sakamoto can occupy the full back leaving MVE more scope to get forward.

Same on the other flank, it's why Bidwell has looked more of a threat in the last few weeks than he did all of last season.

SkyBlueSoul

¡Tres puntos!

¡Vamos!

What started all this Spanish in the team?

Been wondering the same thing. Best I’ve got is Cal’s celebration is something his Spanish teacher asked him to do so could stem from him but 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

SkyB

From watching the unseen bits I think Cal, FabTav and Milan all listen to a lot of Hispanic music, which is where the two pinkies under the eyes celebration comes from as well. So I'd guess it's just a bleed over from that.

Alkhen

From watching the unseen bits I think Cal, FabTav and Milan all listen to a lot of Hispanic music, which is where the two pinkies under the eyes celebration comes from as well. So I'd guess it's just a bleed over from that.
Wonder if they prefer Julio Iglesias or Los del Río? 💃🕺

Ash

Think we could do with resting him for Maidstone, put Lati in there to give the guy some rest as he’s looked a bit knackered last couple of matches

Edit - should add that he’s not the only one!

SleepyGinger

Think we could do with resting him for Maidstone, put Lati in there to give the guy some rest as he’s looked a bit knackered last couple of matches

Edit - should add that he’s not the only one!
Wonder if Lusala will get a chance? Been on the bench last few weeks

SkyB

Wonder if Lusala will get a chance? Been on the bench last few weeks

I'd guess

Vs PNE

Wilson
Milan
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Eccles
Torp
Wright
Ohare
Saka
Simms

vs Maidstone

Collins
Lats
Thomas
Binks
Da Silva
Kelly
Eccles
Saka
Palmer
Tavares
Godden

Whilst rotated against Maidstone you'd hope that team would have enough. I'd expect Saka off at half time or not much after and similar Eccles.

SBT

I'd guess

Vs PNE

Wilson
Milan
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Eccles
Torp
Wright
Ohare
Saka
Simms

vs Maidstone

Collins
Lats
Thomas
Binks
Da Silva
Kelly
Eccles
Saka
Palmer
Tavares
Godden

Whilst rotated against Maidstone you'd hope that team would have enough. I'd expect Saka off at half time or not much after and similar Eccles.
Torp is going to be injured isn’t he?

I’d honestly rather play two youngsters against Maidstone than make Eccles and Sakamoto play twice in four days. We have a huge game against WBA coming up and we need to be at full strength, why turn up the chance to rest players when you’ve been handed the easiest possible FA Cup draw?

nunchuckas

I'd guess

Vs PNE

Wilson
Milan
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Eccles
Torp
Wright
Ohare
Saka
Simms

vs Maidstone

Collins
Lats
Thomas
Binks
Da Silva
Kelly
Eccles
Saka
Palmer
Tavares
Godden

Just thinking about the goalkeeper situation, does anyone else actually think that looking at the Stoke/Preston games, Robins brought Wilson back in primarily for the shithousing side of things that you need against 'orrible teams like them.

Knowing that he can bring Collins in for Maidstone for the chance to win his place back.

SleepyGinger

Torp is going to be injured isn’t he?

I’d honestly rather play two youngsters against Maidstone than make Eccles and Sakamoto play twice in four days. We have a huge game against WBA coming up and we need to be at full strength, why turn up the chance to rest players when you’ve been handed the easiest possible FA Cup draw?
A couple of the lads are going to have to unfortunately, especially if Torp is out. Yes it’s a favourable tie and I’d expect some rotation but we can’t just throw kids in and blow a chance to get to a FA cup quarter final.

SBT

A couple of the lads are going to have to unfortunately, especially if Torp is out. Yes it’s a favourable tie and I’d expect some rotation but we can’t just throw kids in and blow a chance to get to a FA cup quarter final.
The Maidstone game is much less important and *much* easier than the West Brom game. Seems like a golden opportunity to have our cake and eat it given the quality of our FA Cup opposition, but if we’d rather just keep running out the same players until they’re toast then so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread