Millwall (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Sounds like we're still looking for a target man.

Stokes already saying he'll be OK for Tuesday.

skybluedan

Fell asleep before kick off and just woke up and read the thread start to finish with my baked head , so good to get the result and reading all the pages. Fuckin love you city and sbt

hill83

Absolutely buzzing. Just brought my first newborn son home and we are top of the league. Hopefully he's a lucky charm!

James Smith

Absolutely buzzing. Just brought my first newborn son home and we are top of the league. Hopefully he's a lucky charm!

Congratulations!

Astute

Wonder if you are saying that 3am when he has you up again

skybluedan

I remember the bring home very well with my boy just kept thinking what the fuck do I do now and being paranoid and kept going to make sure he was breathing tbf still go check on him now at night and he's seven haha. Enjoy it mate it's the fuckin bomb

hill83

He's already exploded shit over my hand but it was just before half time so I didn't mind.

lifeskyblue

Congratulations hill. Many happy days and sleepless nights...all priceless. Enjoy your son and enjoy top of the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Millwall boss Neil Harris told BBC London 94.9:
"I thought it was a shambles at times to be honest.
"It really hurts to be honest and I'm not sure it hurts some of those players in the dressing room as much as it hurts me."
"We knew they had dangerous players, they had exciting players but we have to impose ourselves on them. We didn't. Some of the players looked like they didn't know how to do it. I'm disappointed with all the negativity.
"I thought we were excellent at Shrewsbury and we were excellent against Barnet at times. I think it's clear to me that some of the players are struggling to play here at the moment and until there's some results on the board I certainly have to reflect that in my team selection."

shmmeee

He's already exploded shit over my hand but it was just before half time so I didn't mind.

Good luck with it all mate. I didn't get my first projectile shit at 10 paces until my second, that's an experience. I knew how them girls in that Internet video felt.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Oi hill83. . .don't be hijacking this thread with your trivia..

It's not very often we score 4 away from home...about as rare as me postin on here at weekends...made up for the travelling sba today...A top away day reward.

Ah go on then..
Congrats on the new arrival hill83. . .

Otis

Congrats, hill. You'll love being a dad.

How old until you introduce him to beer?

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Welcome to bring financially bled dry until they are about 25

Manchester_sky_blue

Congrats mate. My boy is 2 now and by far and away my greatest achievement. He will drive you nuts at times but he will also make you happier than you ever thought you could be.

My second one is due to arrive next Friday which is why I've not been able to get to any games so far. Counting the days till Bury away on the 26th September.

Astute

Then selling the house and putting you in a home

I have been lucky. They have all left home at an early age to a lot of them. Most probably to get peace from the younger ones. Only one ever came back. And that was only for just over a year until he went in the army. Now have first two grandkids on the way. Will be good to be able to hand them back. Will get my own back. They will be getting the noisiest toys I can find :D

D

Deleted member 4439

Millwall fan review

A game full of opportunity for us to make a mark and stamp our authority on the positive start we made last week but we were torn to shreds by a team playing simple joined up football.
We started well. We were pushing forward and we got our reward early on with a penalty. A long shot was parried by the keeper, the ball ran loose, Gregory was on it like a flash and the keeper made contact and missed the ball and it was a penalty all ends up. Up steps Gregory, full of confidence and hit it to the keepers left, just like last week, but not high enough and the keeper pushed it away. It was a reprieve for them and they made us pay.

The were pushing the ball around in 15 yards triangles and we were running around with our tongues hanging out. From such a move their 9 looks up and hits it over Forde's head from 35 yards and they are one up. They quickly suss that we are all about the long ball game and they have a giant at 5 and another CB similar and so when they get the ball they can knock it around in midfield with ease. They also recognise that Beevers is a weakness and sweep the ball out to their right winger who goes around Beevers with ease and beats Forde at the near post. 2-0.

We huff and puff but continue with our tactics and push up. They realise that we are vulnerable with our high line, thread it through to their rushing 9 and he runs on to pop it past Forde for 3-0. Their passing game is in direct contrast to our long ball stuff. We claw our way back and Williams hits a post but we are clutching at straws.,the HT whistle comes to up rescue.

Chopper gives them a night rollicking in the dressing room and we come out full of purpose. Off goes Beevers and Martin (who was shocking) and one comes Thompson and Ferguson. The second half was better and we tried to get it wide to Fred and Ferguson and created some chances. Morison had a half decent chance and Gregory had two but neither crossed the line. They carried on with their passing game and a slick one two in our box put their 11 in and he smashed it past Forde to complete our misery.

Did anyone play well and what changes should be made for Tuesday? The only ones to come out with any credit were Morison, Fred in patches and Upson second half who was reasonable. Williams was off the pace, Webster did not play well, Cummings gave their bloke too much space and Gregory fought hard but missed the pen which started off a dismal set of consequences. Martin was rubbish and Forde should have been alert to stop the lob and been better at his near post. Wholesale changes are needed for Tuesday to show that this is just not good enough. They just ran harder, played in 15 yard triangles, had better touch and vision and capitalised on the opportunities we gave them.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=117278&posts=11

skybluegod

I just love JOB's passion, you can tell how much it means to him in his celebration, brilliant 1-2 for the goal.
all of the goals were magnificent tbf.

Users who are viewing this thread