Millwall ratings (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Your maths is as bad as your English then.

Why don’t you answer the other posters on here who agree with me - you know actual fans who go to games - answer them - they are challenging your viewpoint

Grendel

Yes JDS has been excellent over the last couple of games. Bidwell (who I also like and offers something different) is not at that technical level.

Not at what technical level - you genuinely think he was excellent today?

PVA

Why don’t you answer the other posters on here who agree with me - you know actual fans who go to games - answer them - they are challenging your viewpoint

What the fuck are you on about, I am answering and I do go to games.

Grendel

Grendel

Amazing that the desperate search for a boo boy mainly based on pre-conceptions is even being discussed vs. enjoying a highly earned win. We have some totally weird fans.

Why is he a boo boy if people don’t rate him that is a crime? How the fuck was he excellent today - that’s ridiculous

PVA

You made your mind up about Dasilva the day he signed.

He had a great game on Tuesday and funnily enough you were absolutely nowhere to be seen.

Great_Expectations

Ratings wise;

Collins - 6 - called it a while ago, as decent as he’s been shot stopping wise his distribution is poor, and it was especially evident today.

MVE - 6 - like most, grew into it. But silly to attempt to go for the ball in the build up for their goal and didn’t look as solid defensively at times.

Lati - 7 - one or two shakes moments at CB, but looked effective at CM. Picking up some great positions and he looked to play more offensively than previously.

Binks - 7 - looked stronger second half. But he’s a classy player and Uber confident.

JDS - 6 - poor first 20 minutes, improved and then was good offensively second. His ability on the ball helped us out of a few tight positions. But his height can leave us vulnerable defensively.

Eccles - 6.5 - solid enough and always wanted the ball but can’t be expected to play as a deep lying playmaker.

Torp - 7.5 - great vision and tried to make things happen. Good energy for the full 90 too.

Sakamoto - 7 - very limited space but when he got, or made himself, an inch he looked to create and was a threat. Fouled so so often.

COH - 7 - well marshalled but he found space when needed and as the game opened up and we started to play, he was central to it as x

Palmer - 6 - didn’t come off for him today. Disappointed as thought he’d enjoy the physical game.

Wright - 7 - two goals which is what we want from strikers and much better on the left. Looks too flat footed at times so doesn’t react quick enough to situations. He’s gradually getting back to pre injury form.

Subs

Simms - 7 - limited touches (as per that central role) but offered a presence, harried their defenders, won a few headers and always looked to link play.

Thomas - 7 - really good when he came on.

Grendel

The game's 100 times more complex than that - not to mention other changes at CB. Maybe you missed JDS directly assisting 2 goals on Tuesday?

We are talking about today

Grendel

You made your mind up about Dasilva the day he signed.

He had a great game on Tuesday and funnily enough you were absolutely nowhere to be seen.

He had a good second half and again I was at the game

DannyThomas_1981

Not at what technical level - you genuinely think he was excellent today?
Yes and let's be honest most people on here understand the game 1,000 times more than you ever will. Anyway like most people - I enjoy winning and supporting players who are going to be important to our squad. Not interested in your need to target players - it's fucking weird as a fan of this club.

Grendel

Yes and let's be honest most people on here understand the game 1,000 times more than you ever will. Anyway like most people - I enjoy winning and supporting players who are going to be important to our squad. Not interested in your need to target players - it's fucking weird as a fan of this club.

So out of 10 as he was excellent what did you rate him?

Grendel

have a day off - do everyone a favour. why you want certain players to fail is fucking mind-blowing.

It’s well established you are not a good judge of players over your time on here

Cally Fedora

Total nonsense - you might just want to drop your bias and support a player coming into form. A good asset to this team.
Why is that biased? I support Da Silva as he wears Sky Blue. But it’s ridiculous to say he wasn’t poor defensively today. Second half was better for him defensively - mainly because the ball was rarely in our half. There’s nowhere for him to hide in a flat 4.

NorthernWisdom

I don't really know what Da Silva is. He's not great defensively, tidy enough on the ball but not outstanding, and his build means he'll always get targeted - he seems to be an OK player without a role in the team he can play easily

What I said at half time and I stand by it based on how he's played so far for us. He improved second half, but that was as much because Millwall stopped, or were stopped from, exploiting his weaknesses. He seems a player who's a half-decent technical footballer who can't find a place to play where he stands out given his skillset.

DannyThomas_1981

It’s well established you are not a good judge of players over your time on here
on all evidence your career on the pitch peaked on that day when you failed to get into the Dog & Duck 3rds given your 100% lack of understanding of the game - and you've called numerous times for one of our greatest managers to be booted out (always at the worst possible time when the team and manager needs support) - so just STFU for once.

SBT

Baffling to me how a relatively ordinary squad player like Jay Dasilva, whose strengths and weaknesses should be obvious to anyone with eyes, is so often the subject of a culture war that sometimes threatens to match Israel-Palestine in its intensity.

Otis

I thought JDS was shaky the first 20 mins or so.

He's vulnerable to high balls and can also get outmuscled at times too, but he definitely got better after the shaky start and as the game wore on.

fatso

Don't understand the nonsense regarding Dasilva, yes he was poor first half an hour, but improved greatly after that, in part due to Millwall being on the back foot.

I think it's safe to say, he's better than Bidwell going forward, but not as good defensively. But he's played 2 games in 5 days and we won both, and he wasn't at fault for either of the 2 goals we conceded.

He cost fuck all and is a squad player, (2nd choice LB) and as such is a bargain.
And at the very least, playing him has given Bidwell a breather ahead of a very busy schedule. People forget that he was bought in as a LWB, but the change to a flat back 4 means that along with Fadz, he's suffered due to that change.

So how's about backing the lad ?

Grendel

We've scored 6 and let in 2 in the last two games. Suspect this is better than our average.

i thought cup games didn’t count?

Users who are viewing this thread