Match Thread Millwall (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Well they’ve had a nice break from football and will be well rested despite bit of Covid with some of their players.

They’re right above us in the table so this is a key game that we can’t afford to lose imo.

Likely to see Giles dropped and Sam back in. We can’t score goals and we have no options other than Robins could start with Max and God up front but that’s unlikely.

cc84cov

Well they’ve had a nice break from football and will be well rested despite bit of Covid with some of their players.

They’re right above us in the table so this is a key game that we can’t afford to lose imo.

Likely to see Giles dropped and Sam back in. We can’t score goals and we have no options other than Robins could start with Max and God up front but that’s unlikely.
Surely we go 2 up front ? Over 400 mins without a goal is not coincidence

1-1 draw

Nick

Administrator
Go 1-0 down and not change anything.

Go 2-0 down and throw Shipley on and wonder why we don't become more attacking.

Then a couple of full back changes.

skybluesam66

we could start with Hilssner, kastanaeer, jobello and Bakayoko
There lies the problem, we do not have any fit back ups

clint van damme

Millwall's home record is poor, they draw a lot of games.
We need a point minimum but should be looking to win this.

AFCCOVENTRY

We’ve got a real problem in the final third.
I don’t even remember Godden having a shot on goal in the last 2 games.

We have a top L1 team with some championship quality and Robins needs to get much smarter in getting more out of the team. It might be we need to revert to a 442 to create more chances.

cc84cov

We have a top L1 team with some championship quality and Robins needs to get much smarter in getting more out of the team. It might be we need to revert to a 442 to create more chances.
2 wingers
2 strikers

😍😍

Nick

Administrator
The issue is we don't use our U23 or subs effectively enough for "fringe" players.

Look at Da Costa for example, how is he going to get match fit sat on the bench or the odd 5 minutes? Then these players are expected to change games when they come on.

cc84cov

The issue is we don't use our U23 or subs effectively enough for "fringe" players.

Look at Da Costa for example, how is he going to get match fit sat on the bench or the odd 5 minutes? Then these players are expected to change games when they come on.
Said it last night regarding Giles 🤷🏻‍♂️ Match sharpness looked gone as he just doesn’t get used when he should have been coming on,bad man management not to keep players sharp and ready

AFCCOVENTRY

I would go 4–4-2 and push Dabo up. He was the only player who was decent against Preston.

Camp
Dacosta Kyle Dom Sam
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Giles
Max God

johnwillomagic

Millwall mostly play 3-4-2-1 as do we really looking at bench not many claiming a right to first xi from appearances.....I would match up and play 3-4-2-1 and hope that we will be sharper as they have not played for some while - I would change goalie and Sam comes back in. Also think I'd
give Giles a go in the 2 with O'Hare - harsh on Allen but think those two combine well...all in all despite others not having a good game at Preston they are the best we have got imo.

Camp

Osti Fadz Hyam

Dabo Hamer Sheaf McCallum

Giles O'Hare

Godden

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Dacosta, Shipley, Allen, Hilssner, Bapaga, Biamou, Baka

A draw would be decent but for some reason if we go with the above think we can nick it 1-0!

cc84cov

Millwall mostly play 3-4-2-1 as do we really looking at bench not many claiming a right to first xi from appearances.....I would match up and play 3-4-2-1 and hope that we will be sharper as they have not played for some while - I would change goalie and Sam comes back in. Also think I'd
give Giles a go in the 2 with O'Hare - harsh on Allen but think those two combine well...all in all despite others not having a good game at Preston they are the best we have got imo.

Camp

Osti Fadz Hyam

Dabo Hamer Sheaf McCallum

Giles O'Hare

Godden

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Dacosta, Shipley, Allen, Hilssner, Bapaga, Biamou, Baka

A draw would be decent but for some reason if we go with the above think we can nick it 1-0!
Allen for me keeps his place

johnwillomagic

Who would make way then from team above guessing you'd drop Giles back to bench?
Did say it would be harsh on Allen just think Giles and O'Hare combine better and maybe more of a goal threat...though in reality all three not really set the world alight in the goal scoring department!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would take the draw, but expecting a loss.

Just don't know how we're going to start getting more attempts at goal.

I have been thinking maybe changing it so we've got both mcCallum and giles as well as Dabo and Dacosta on to provide more service but retain solidity but then how do we ensure there are people in the box for the crosses if Godden is isolated? Formations would be 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 unless we played those extra wingbacks either side of Godden as more outside forwards and having more of a a 3-4-3 or 5-2-3?

stevefloyd

In the Stoke game he had a shot in the first 15 minutes

Sky Blue Harry H

Cheer up Nick. You really need to two foot someone in the supermarket aisle to get this seasonal grumpiness out of your system.
Happy New Year ! (P.S. I'm doing Click & Collect, so I won't be the victim of your assault) !!!

Esoterica

They've scored 7 goals in their last 12 games, we've scored 10.

I actually think we'll win this one comfortably, 2-0. Preston did a number on us by playing 3 CBs and keeping them tight together. It choked Godden out the game which forced the ball wide and they either gobbled up the crosses or our AMs were trying to thread the eye of a needle.

Milwall's 4-2-3-1 will give them more in central midfield than Preston had but more space for us up front. Got a good feeling about this one.

Londonccfcfan

Hopefully the players will be hurting a little bit.

Unlikely to change to 3 at the back. Against another direct team. Only change Sam for Giles.

I can actually see a fairly comfortable 2 nil win. At a ground we have a decent recent record at.

They will moan they havnt had time to train together due to covid. As did Rotherham last night.

Cut out silly self inflicted mistakes then we win this easy. Ohare /Hamer

With no crowd there be interesting to see if they change their stance on taking knee or not.

SkyblueTexan

Not very confident tbh. Maybe we could afford to get this tie postponed. Lost our last 2 away games which seemed winnable or drawable (if that’s a word) on paper. The manner of the last 2 losses is of concern. Plus we haven’t scored in our last 360 minutes of play.

Happy_Martian

Going on record now that I can't see us winning again unless something significant changes. And I do not mean sacking Robins. A change in formation, 25 games in and the only times we've looked like scoring is with 2 up top. CO'H needs a break, he's running a lot but has been completely ineffective supporting the main striker. With God back, now would be as good a time as any to help him. Sheaf is starting to look like a confidence player and he's making a lot more mistakes.

An answer would be the January transfer window but the reported lack of funds will hamper us.

1-0 or 2-0 to Millwall.

Macca

I seem to largely be alone in my fears over recent form and am assured we are too good to struggle so I shall take a NYR to be positive. 1-0 city with a penalty or own goal

clint van damme

I seem to largely be alone in my fears over recent form and am assured we are too good to struggle so I shall take a NYR to be positive. 1-0 city with a penalty or own goal

our recent form is poor, but Millwalls is worse

Users who are viewing this thread