Miscasting (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Has there ever been a worse choice of actor to play a fictional character than choosing Tom Cruise to be jack reacher?

Ranjit Bhurpa

Has there ever been a worse choice of actor to play a fictional character than choosing Tom Cruise to be jack reacher?
Totally agree with you. Anyone who has read the books will have a clear image of what Reacher looks like. And it ain't Tom Cruise who's about a foot too short for starters. My mental picture says Liam Neeson.

stupot07

Not seen any of the reacher films but tom cruise is the complete opposite of what Jack Reader is supposed to look like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Totally agree with you. Anyone who has read the books will have a clear image of what Reacher looks like. And it ain't Tom Cruise who's about a foot too short for starters. My mental picture says Liam Neeson.

Funnily enough I'd say Liam Neeson. The author oddly said Ross Kemp. Even though not looking like him a 70's Clint Eastwood would do it as as well.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Funnily enough I'd say Liam Neeson. The author oddly said Ross Kemp. Even though not looking like him a 70's Clint Eastwood would do it as as well.
If you can remember Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, then Ted Cassidy who played Harvey wouldn't have taken any crap off anyone. If anything though about 6 inches too tall. Go with Clint Eastwood as well.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Wouldn't trust the author on it though........a Coventrian who supports the Vile?? Pah!

Gazolba

Not a fictional character, but Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia was truly awful.

olderskyblue

Agreed, but maybe Costner in Robin Hood?

Pipehitterz

When the first film came out there was the same outrage.
Although, if you've seen the first one, cruise did a very good job so I wasn't complaining
Will see the new one for sure

Otis

Hmm.. I quite like Tom Cruise, certainly in some films anyway, but in this it just seemed like Tom Cruise by numbers to me.

I didn't mind the film that much. Just thought it was okay, but lacked any edge.

Otis

timothy dalton as james bond, shocking
Really?

I thought he was great. Really liked his James Bond and it is quite akin to Daniel Craig's portrayal. Loved the darkness he brought.

Would have as my top 3 Bond's, Connery, Craig and Dalton.

bringbackrattles

Miscasting in films ? John Wayne in The Greatest Story Ever Told as a centurion. Hilarious. Classic line in a Yankee accent : "Surely he is the Son Of God." All that was missing was him getting on his horse !

rondog1973

Really?

I thought he was great. Really liked his James Bond and it is quite akin to Daniel Craig's portrayal. Loved the darkness he brought.

Agree.

Played him with an intensity not previously seen from Connery, Lazenby or Moore.

Lazenby though was like employing Roy Castle to play Bond.

vow

Surely the top trump of all miscasts has to be Silvester Stallone playing a goalkeeper in Escape To Victory, utterly abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Agreed, his goal kicks were worse than Oggy's!

Gazolba

Really?

Disagree. My favourite Bonds were Connery and Lazenby. In my opinion, all the others were/are dreadful.

covroy

ruined the books for me now because i visualise reacher as a shortarse looking for a box to stand on...............shane could get away with it

Otis

ruined the books for me now because i visualise reacher as a shortarse looking for a box to stand on...............shane could get away with it
Just in the same way Lazenby ruined it as James Bond , by his acting being so wooden he dare not walk into a furniture store for fear of being sold as a table.

NorthernWisdom

Just in the same way Lazenby ruined it as James Bond , by his acting being so wooden he dare not walk into a furniture store for fear of being sold as a table.

FWIW Fleming's quote about Connery was along the lines that he wasn't what he had in mind when he wrote the books, but would be if he could write them again.

Lazenby was probably closer in portrayal to the Bond of the novels.

Otis

FWIW Fleming's quote about Connery was along the lines that he wasn't what he had in mind when he wrote the books, but would be if he could write them again.

Lazenby was probably closer in portrayal to the Bond of the novels.
He was, but he simply couldn't act at all. Incredibly wooden and I find it really hard to watch as a result.

Some of the worst acting ever unfortunately. :(

Now wonder he soon disappeared after.

Users who are viewing this thread