Misguided/wasted effort (1 Viewer)

spider_ricoh

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n..._resolve_north_stand_issue_831415/index.shtml

Kev Monks (and clearly others) have been making a fuss to Fisher about the club closing the "home" end at Sixfields, under the hill - as this only affects 50-100 people anyway (who can all be easily accommodated in the main stand, at less cost), it would seem to be a sensible idea from the club, even if it means to stands are now going to be totally empty and only one stand open to City fans.

However I think I speak for most people when I saw, rather than protesting about this, how about putting more effort into protesting about the club playing at Sixfields in the first place!!!!!

RFC

At least they make the effort to support Elvis & the Team regardless! PUSB and Good Luck today.

skybluejelly

when I go .. I sit behind the goal ..last time I went me and my son had the whole row to myself from one end of the stand to the other .. at least at the ricoh I only got one block to myself

chiefdave

Campaign Co-Ordinator Darren Davies

Seems they can manage to protest about having to move seats, shame they can't put any effort into protesting about having to move to Northampton in the first place!

blueflint

are these fans that are protesting about seats all northampton supporters who get in for free.as no true coventrian would or should be anywhere near the dump

SkyBlueSid

Another non-story! Why would a club open a stand for a handful of people? Even at HR and the Ricoh they didn't open all the stands when a small attendance was expected. That applies to just about every game at Northampton.

These wasters are a joke. Surely they can think of better things to protest about. Or are they just the usual Sixfields sheep?:jerkit:

chiefdave

What a sorry state of affairs that next season we will (hopefully) be playing in L1, 35 miles from home at a 7.5K capacity stadium with only 1 stand open. That's going to be a tough sell to anyone we want to bring in over the summer.

Grendel

What a sorry state of affairs that next season we will (hopefully) be playing in L1, 35 miles from home at a 7.5K capacity stadium with only 1 stand open. That's going to be a tough sell to anyone we want to bring in over the summer.

Providing we match the wages the agent wants the agent will sell the dream to the player.

chiefdave

Providing we match the wages the agent wants the agent will sell the dream to the player.

You don't seriously believe that there is no difference between trying to persuade a player to come at play for Coventry at the Ricoh to trying to persuade them to come and play at Sixfields?

Grendel

You don't seriously believe that there is no difference between trying to persuade a player to come at play for Coventry at the Ricoh to trying to persuade them to come and play at Sixfields?

No I don't. You clearly don't understand a footballers mentality if you do. A player and his agent are interested in contract terms and that is it.

Do you think Carl baker will be looking for a move in the summer?

chiefdave

No I don't. You clearly don't understand a footballers mentality if you do. A player and his agent are interested in contract terms and that is it.

So lets say player A is offered the same contract by us and, lets say, Sheffield United, they would consider both clubs to be in the same state and us being in the mess we're in and playing at Sixfields would have no influence on our ability to sign players?

How often when signing players in previous years did we hear comments about the fantastic facilities at the Ricoh? Pressley certainly seems to think its an issue:

There’s no doubt that our infrastructure – the training base and the Ricoh Arena – have been a big draw to a player coming to the club to play in League One and when you’ve not got the Ricoh it will affect that.

skybluetony176

Do you think Carl baker will be looking for a move in the summer?

So if chelsea offered a player a contract and WBA offered them a better contract that means that they will sign for WBA?

Grendel

So if chelsea offered a player a contract and WBA offered them a better contract that means that they will sign for WBA?

Of course. The Chelsea contract would not even be seen by the player.

stupot07

How is that a valid comparison? A champions league club, PL Title contenders, and decent chance of winning a trophy vs a lower midtable club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

So lets say player A is offered the same contract by us and, lets say, Sheffield United, they would consider both clubs to be in the same state and us being in the mess we're in and playing at Sixfields would have no influence on our ability to sign players?

How often when signing players in previous years did we hear comments about the fantastic facilities at the Ricoh? Pressley certainly seems to think its an issue:

Players say lots of things. Carl baker will still have 8,000 pints of sky blue blood for another season.

After that Carl will be perusing a new challenge.

chiefdave

Players say lots of things. Carl baker will still have 8,000 pints of sky blue blood for another season.

After that Carl will be perusing a new challenge.

See you've chosen to ignore the quote from our manager saying not being at the Ricoh does make it harder to sign the players he wants.

spider_ricoh

I would normally agree with this, except that your hero Timmy's main excuse for rejecting continuing Ricoh tenancy without F&B revenues, was all about FFP and how we need these under the new rules to match other clubs in offering competitive contracts....

...except that TF, ML and co have gone very quiet on the excuse of FFP - I always said it was a red herring and the fact that it is never mentioned now show how little a problem it will prove to be.

skybluetony176

How is that a valid comparison? A champions league club, PL Title contenders, and decent chance of winning a trophy vs a lower midtable club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

According to grendull the comparison could be between Barcelona and Northampton Town and it wouldn't matter. If NTFC offer the best terms the player would never know about the Barcelona offer.

Me and you are intelligent enough to know that's bullshit but someone needs to sit grendull down and explain it him. He won't listen to me. If I told him we're AKA the sky blues he'd tell me I'm a idiot.

Not really a comparison but do you remember Peter Odimwingie when he was at West Brom ? QPR were doing shit but he still drove down there when his agent said he could get him a fortune playing with them.

I think that is the point made re: a players contract

chiefdave

Not really a comparison but do you remember Peter Odimwingie when he was at West Brom ? QPR were doing shit but he still drove down there when his agent said he could get him a fortune playing with them.

Not sure that we're going to be in a position to be able to offer players significantly more than other clubs.

ollyservetta

they been closing it on and of since the orient game ,that was the first time ,im also sure players were told not to celebrate in front of the northstand when they scored,but run straight over to the mainstand ..

Grendel

According to grendull the comparison could be between Barcelona and Northampton Town and it wouldn't matter. If NTFC offer the best terms the player would never know about the Barcelona offer.

Me and you are intelligent enough to know that's bullshit but someone needs to sit grendull down and explain it him. He won't listen to me. If I told him we're AKA the sky blues he'd tell me I'm a idiot.

Lol. Other examples exist. In pretty certain when Kevin Keegan started the Fulham rise he signed players from higher leagues.

Tony's example is of course absurd. Northampton would never be able to pay higher wages. It would be like a corner shop offering twice as much as Tescos to be their owner. If that were the case of course i would take the corner shop as it paid more.

Agents do control footballers totally. I once dealt with a certain villa player regarding car insurance. His agent was sorting his insurance for £7,000. I told him this could be arranged a lot cheaper - his response was - talk to my agent. I can assure you a player will appoint an agent to sort his best deal - he ever goes against that and he will never get an agent deal with his affairs ever again.

skybluetony176

Lol. Other examples exist. In pretty certain when Kevin Keegan started the Fulham rise he signed players from higher leagues.

Tony's example is of course absurd. Northampton would never be able to pay higher wages. It would be like a corner shop offering twice as much as Tescos to be their owner. If that were the case of course i would take the corner shop as it paid more.

Agents do control footballers totally. I once dealt with a certain villa player regarding car insurance. His agent was sorting his insurance for £7,000. I told him this could be arranged a lot cheaper - his response was - talk to my agent. I can assure you a player will appoint an agent to sort his best deal - he ever goes against that and he will never get an agent deal with his affairs ever again.

So how many teams in league one will be in a position to offer better wages than us? We're not even in a position to offer a long term contract, let alone higher wages.

CCFC PimpRail

You'd have to be as clever as the average footballer not to see that a club that is loosing money and has a low income wouldnt be able to offer the moon on a stick, and even if they did, they'd be looking at slashing your wages next year. That's what the rent embargo was about, wasn't it Granville..? We're spending too much on players and expect to play at the Reeko for free and get the money from cups of tea and pies to prop up the wage bill....

Users who are viewing this thread