Mk dons banter (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
We must be the only club in the world where some of the fans are upset the club is taking 6500 fans to an away game.
I think I have read it all now, good god some people just can not be happy

Probably the same as fans who are unhappy about other fans going to games.

bigfatronssba

Sadly not. Knocking it down after Christmas. They are now placing away fans in that tiny seated area.

Must be no more than 200 seats?

The Reverend Skyblue

Probably the same as fans who are unhappy about other fans going to games.

Probably yes the same ones.
I do not agree with what they are doing going to 6fields but I have no malice to bear them. I just think its prolonging the stay in Northampton by people going but I am certainly not unhappy about them going, I just feel its not in the best interest of getting the club back to Coventry, its plainly wrong us being there, and that's why I will never set foot in the place

Skyblue4u

We usualy sell out our away tickets so this is just a chance for more fans to watch the team. Not a cup finial or a particularly important game

Correct.

For the record, we've already had the "biggest" away game of the season.....at top of the table midlands rivals big club wolves......

...just cos lots of people are going, don't make it a big game.....its just a bog standard away game at a tin-pot franchise club with zero heritage or history....

big game....my arse!

It could be the game where we finaly get into the top 6

pusbccfc

Why not open for us? Surely we could get another couple of thousand over the next week.

They don't have their safety certificate. I'd have no doubt we'd sell another 2k.

pusbccfc

I'm more excited for Hartlepool.

Proper ground like Bradford last week, non stop singing for fans who are away each week.
I can guarantee 'PUSB' will be sung 134 times next week at MK, plus maybe one or two In our Coventry homes.

Standard big following = 2/3 different songs sung.

CCFC88

We usualy sell out our away tickets so this is just a chance for more fans to watch the team. Not a cup finial or a particularly important game

Not sure that's entirely correct mate, Walsall & Wolves we sold out and now MK dons, we took a big following to Vale but I don't think it was sold out.

oscillatewildly

I'm more excited for Hartlepool.

Proper ground like Bradford last week, non stop singing for fans who are away each week.
I can guarantee 'PUSB' will be sung 134 times next week at MK, plus maybe one or two In our Coventry homes.

Standard big following = 2/3 different songs sung.
We, (the not so regulars) will surely feel humbled to be sharing your company. We will also be in awe at your infinite repertoire. Please teach us, oh great chanting one. :thinking about:

pusbccfc

We, (the not so regulars) will surely feel humbled to be sharing your company. We will also be in awe at your infinite repertoire. Please teach us, oh great chanting one. :thinking about:

I'm not putting anyone down for coming, but it does seem that when we take a big following that the range of songs is incredibly limited.

oscillatewildly

I'm not putting anyone down for coming, but it does seem that when we take a big following that the range of songs is incredibly limited.
I think you'll find it's long been that way, regardless of size of following. I personally hate the sky blue song for its repetition. I've said it before and it pains me to say it, but I think on the whole we are a pretty timid and unimaginative bunch. Many times over the years I've tried to get new songs/chants going (often daft/mildly amusing but none involving incestuous relations) even reprising some old ones from the 1970's but it would appear you can't beat the two old favourites!

skybluelee

Not sure that's entirely correct mate, Walsall & Wolves we sold out and now MK dons, we took a big following to Vale but I don't think it was sold out.

I thought we could have had another 800 tickets for Wolves but we didn't sell the earlier allocations quick enough, so strictly speaking we didn't sell it out.

theferret

I thought we could have had another 800 tickets for Wolves but we didn't sell the earlier allocations quick enough, so strictly speaking we didn't sell it out.

It was the biggest away following at Wolves in years. They didn't give that many even when in the PL. Wolves fans were very surprised the club opened up the extra area for us, so I'm not sure how that equates to not selling out. The last batch of tickets we had sold in no time.

theferret

I think you'll find it's long been that way, regardless of size of following. I personally hate the sky blue song for its repetition. I've said it before and it pains me to say it, but I think on the whole we are a pretty timid and unimaginative bunch. Many times over the years I've tried to get new songs/chants going (often daft/mildly amusing but none involving incestuous relations) even reprising some old ones from the 1970's but it would appear you can't beat the two old favourites!

Timid? Sorry, but that's tosh. Our away following is very vocal and was praised endlessly last season by fans of other clubs. Timid is not a word I would use to describe our following at all. It's amazing how many sets of supporters turn up at away games, sit down with arms folded and do nothing all game. I am constantly surprised at how shit most away followings are compared to ours.

I read a comment from a Bournemouth fan the other day criticising the quality of the support so far this season in the Championship, comparing them to us last season who he described as 'phenomenal'.

Why are we so hard on ourselves all the time? I've never heard Leicester fans whine about the fact their dreary away support has a repertoire that consists of 'Les-toh, Les-toh, Les-toh' and pretty much nothing else.

skybluetom

Milton Keynes is another three points up for grabs; no more no less. It's no bigger than the Tranmere or Rotherham games coming up. It is some what ironic that most people choose this as their away day however; happily filling the coppers of the so very wrong franchise club.

theferret

Milton Keynes is another three points up for grabs; no more no less. It's no bigger than the Tranmere or Rotherham games coming up. It is some what ironic that most people choose this as their away day however; happily filling the coppers of the so very wrong franchise club.

Just because every game is worth 3 points doesn't mean that (as a supporter) you should look forward to every game equally. That is absurd. It is a day out that people are looking forward to, for a variety of reasons. Get over it and spare us all this 'irony' nonsense.

skybluelee

It was the biggest away following at Wolves in years. They didn't give that many even when in the PL. Wolves fans were very surprised the club opened up the extra area for us, so I'm not sure how that equates to not selling out. The last batch of tickets we had sold in no time.

Maybe it was jusy heresay but I distinctly remember discussion about another 800 to make the allocation upto 4,100 but by the time we'd sold the 3,300 it was too late.

Not knocking our away support btw, its the 6th highest outside the PL isn't it? Great effort.

Last edited:

theferret

Maybe it was jusy heresay but I distinctly remember discussion about another 800 to make the allocation upto 800 but by the time we'd sold the 3,300 it was too late.

Not knocking our away support btw, its the 6th highest outside the PL isn't it? Great effort.

That's fair enough.

Some people love to knock our away support. I get the feeling some people are genuinely angry that we are taking 6K+ to MK and large followings to other places too. I think they would much rather it be a few hundred 'hardy souls'.

It is bigger than the next two games at sixfields as fisher will see the fans will travel but not to northampton. Also it is going to be the biggest following this season so is BIGGER than games at sixfields.

skybluetom

It is bigger than the next two games at sixfields as fisher will see the fans will travel but not to northampton. Also it is going to be the biggest following this season so is BIGGER than games at sixfields.

No it isn't bigger than the next two games; we can't afford to be losing many games at the minute. Two defeats on the trot at 'home' despite their wonderful effort thus far and the season is in danger of stalling. Quite sure Fisher is already aware that many ain't going to Northampton too given crowds have dropped by around 5 fold from 10,000 to around 2,000. A game ultimately is worth 3 points; 2 'home' wins and a point at MK would be a wonderful return from the next 3 games.

skybluetom

Just because every game is worth 3 points doesn't mean that (as a supporter) you should look forward to every game equally. That is absurd. It is a day out that people are looking forward to, for a variety of reasons. Get over it and spare us all this 'irony' nonsense.

I'm looking forward to it more than the other 2 games because I'm going on the train so will be able to have a few sherbets. You're talking about enjoying the day more; that doesn't make it any bigger than Tranmere Saturday.

ggrady

All this arguing on every thread is doing my head in just look forward to it itll be probably best day out of the season but the game is no more important than tranmere.

glancy89

Is this a big game now we lost both of them matchs and now have 7,000 fans behind us expecting a performance??
its not a big game at all,why has it been adopted as the "must see" game by away following? thats not a criticism jsut a genuine question

if we get 6pts from tranmere,rotheram and mk dons up next,id be happy with 6 pts

Users who are viewing this thread