Money Grabbing UCH Trust (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

What should be done is the cunts who spiked the planning app for a multi storey because it would ruin their view of *checks notes* a multi storey hospital should be told they’re cunts and ignored.

chiefdave

Got a parking ticket there waiting 20 minutes in the waiting zone when I took my Mum to pick up my Dads stuff. The signs are tiny and not where you actually stop.

To make it even more annoying wouldn't have been that long if it hadn't turned out the hospital had lost all his stuff.

NorthernWisdom

I'd assumed until now that at least the hospital got most of the cash. If they get next to nothing, just what is the point?!?

(And yeah, spent an absolute fortune when Mrs Wisdom and junior Wisdom were in hospital for over a week!)

shmmeee

I'd assumed until now that at least the hospital got most of the cash. If they get next to nothing, just what is the point?!?

(And yeah, spent an absolute fortune when Mrs Wisdom and junior Wisdom were in hospital for over a week!)

What are the actual running costs of a car park once you own the land? Just enforcement, right?

shmmeee

It is unlikely to be UHCW who profits from this, it'll probably be whatever the entity is that owns the hospital building and site, usually an SPV. Well done to new Labour for adopting the Tory PFI catastrophe.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just insane. A car park is basically free money, and should for a hospital of that size be fucking massive. Giving it away to private hands is downright criminal.

stupot07

It is unlikely to be UHCW who profits from this, it'll probably be whatever the entity is that owns the hospital building and site, usually an SPV. Well done to new Labour for adopting the Tory PFI catastrophe.

Yeah it's the PFI contractor not the hospital that profits. The hospital gets very little money from the car parks.

fernandopartridge

Yeah it's the PFI contractor not the hospital that profits. The hospital gets very little money from the car parks.

I worked for another trust years ago and attended a meeting with representatives of the company that owned the hospital building the trust was using. They were fucking awful people talking about "their building". PFI is a long term disaster just to achieve the meaningless measure of a 'balanced budget'.

MalcSB

But at least thanks to PFI we have state of the art hospitals that aren't falling apart and enough capacity for everyone who needs a bed 🤔
Many PFI hospitals had the capacity reduced in the design stage as the PFI costs would have been unaffordable. This has resulted in many PFI hospitals not having sufficient capacity to deal with current demand. Any changes to configuration or services provided (eg portering) cost an arm and a leg and can take years to implement.
At least at UHCW the corridors are regulalry repainted so they always meet the requirement to be white. I’m not sure of the exact position now, but PFI at UHCW was imposing an additional 16% on national average (reference costs), meaning that additional pressures were placed on Cost Improvement Programmes to move toward national average. PFI is classic short termism. I wonder how many were bulit with RAAC and may end up falling apart. There were certainly fire safety issues with the UHCW build. I’m not a fan as you may be able to tell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread