Morale as a ccfc fan (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general?

Do you dread Saturdays?

Is watching ccfc a chore?

Do you feel depressed?

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends?

Do you drink more to wash away the pain?

Have you lost all interest in football?

Have you become a cynical bastard?

Is football now a waste of money?

shy_tall_knight

Do you dread Saturdays? -no just don't look forward to them as much Walsall isn't and will never be s exciting as playing a PL team

Is watching ccfc a chore? - not so much the effort on the pitch nut the negativity at the Ricoh

Do you feel depressed? - used to but have realigned my expectations

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? used to be

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? no

Have you lost all interest in football? less interested especially as I see our position as being due to chasing the premiership dream and I hate the over hyping of the PL especially transfer deadline day

Have you become a cynical bastard? Yes

Is football now a waste of money? Sometimes CCFC is cheap especially if you have an ST.

Noggin

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general?

Do you dread Saturdays? no

Is watching ccfc a chore? yes

Do you feel depressed? not with life, with football yes

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? no

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? no

Have you lost all interest in football? not all interest or i wouldn't be here but most of it

Have you become a cynical bastard? yes

Is football now a waste of money? yes

letsallsingtogether

Do you dread Saturdays? No

Is watching ccfc a chore? No but slowly getting there

Do you feel depressed? with City Yes

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? Never

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? No

Have you lost all interest in football? Never watched much only the City

Is football now a waste of money? Yes but it like smoking/ drinking a bit of a drug you always find the money.......

Otis

Do you dread Saturdays? - Nope. Am I excited? Nope.

Is watching ccfc a chore? - Yep.

Do you feel depressed? - Yep.

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? - Only when we don't win, so yes, all the time.

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? - Don't drink at all. If I did I would probably top myself the next morning.

Have you lost all interest in football? - Yes. Getting more and more excited about American Football and less and less excited about football.

Have you become a cynical bastard? - Yes. What do you mean though 'become?'

Is football now a waste of money? - Nope, but vastly overpriced and not good value.

ccfc1234

Is watching ccfc a chore? NO - its better than working and there is a small chance they could even make me happy!!

Do you feel depressed? No far worse things happening in the world.

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? Not unless there ribbing me on CCFC's latest sh*t show.

Have you lost all interest in football? Not at all

Have you become a cynical bastard? No have always been one of those when it come to the dark arts and nepotism that exist in the world

Is football now a waste of money? Not really a waste, but like my beer money it sometimes leaves me feeling hungover and flat the following day.

malkitccfc

Do you dread Saturdays? -the 10 years i've been watching City every week has been a struggle. I still look forward to Saturdays. Just preferred playing against better opposition every week in the championship!

Is watching ccfc a chore? - Feels like it this season! Don't enjoy home games if i'm honest.

Do you feel depressed? - Try not to get too upset by City any longer. Remind myself worse is yet to come..

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? Friends and family have got bored of mocking cov... but the Worcester defeat was the worst.

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? Not much of a drinker

Have you lost all interest in football? No. Starting to accept I may never see us in the top flight again but not losing interest. Huge part of my life

Is football now a waste of money? Yes. But money i'm prepared to waste every single week.

torchomatic

Is watching ccfc a chore? No

Do you feel depressed? No

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? No

Have you lost all interest in football? No

Have you become a cynical bastard? No

Is football now a waste of money? It's too expensive

SIR ERNIE

Do you dread Saturdays?

Do you feel depressed?

Anyone who believes 'that decline of ccfc from the premiership years has taken its toll on your life in general' needs to take a serious look at what's going on in their lives.

hill83

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general? No

Is watching ccfc a chore? Yes

Have you become a cynical bastard? Always was

Is football now a waste of money? Always has been

RoboCCFC90

Do you dread Saturdays?

Do you feel depressed?

No to all of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFC

Do you dread Saturdays?

Do you feel depressed?

No No No No No No No No No, No.

Help, guess your not a supporter through thick & thin?

Basically I pity you, committed for more years and hot dinners than I care to remember, not fickle but just committed and passionate.

Supported the Club in ALL 5 Divisions and will continue to do so as long as I can.

Is football too expensive, yes but it's a National problem not just ours. PUSB!

italiahorse

Basically I pity you, committed for more years and hot dinners than I care to remember, not fickle but just committed and passionate.

Supported the Club in ALL 5 Divisions and will continue to do so as long as I can.

Can I ask your age?
IMHO as you get older it matters less. You find there are lots of other things you can enjoy.

I can still remember when I was in my teens building up my LP collection and thinking how my life revolved around music.
Now at 59 I still have that collection in the office (also on MP3 on my iPhone) but I only occasionally bother to play anything.

It's not life and death and it gets easier to move on.

Ian1779

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general? No

Is watching ccfc a chore? Never no matter how shit it can be

Do you feel depressed? No. There are a million things in life that are far more important

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? I couldn't handle it if I wanted to

Have you lost all interest in football? Not at all

Have you become a cynical bastard? Yes - mostly because of the people that 'run' football. FIFA, FA, PL, FL.

Is football now a waste of money? Depends on your perspective. Sadly the quality and value you can get from paying for Sky is far better than what you can get by going to games live. Until that changes nothing will. Doesn't mean it's a waste of money, but the money is not going to the right people.

skybluefred

10 no's and 1 yes in answer to 8 questions. I really hope that HELP you keep asking for turns up soon.

skybluefred

Can I ask your age?
IMHO as you get older it matters less. You find there are lots of other things you can enjoy.

I can still remember when I was in my teens building up my LP collection and thinking how my life revolved around music.
Now at 59 I still have that collection in the office (also on MP3 on my iPhone) but I only occasionally bother to play anything.

You're still a spring chicken then italiahorse.:laugh:

It's not life and death and it gets easier to move on.

italiahorse

You're still a spring chicken then italiahorse.
laugh.gif

Yep still playing football at number 9 twice a week.
Yourself ?

Chipfat

The state of the game and people running it has made it very hard to enjoy most of the time, our clubs situation is just 1 club in a line that has fallen with very little signs of it returning. Players are far too overrated, over coached and way over paid for what they show week in week out, i don't see value and don't see any players in our game that make me want to pay or to get off my sit to be excited about..

Today the 1 pm announcement says it all,, i know and watched better players than Maddison signed without a mentioned at 18, i know we are in a different standard but the club is backward in every way, just like the game or business as its now known!!!

skybluelee

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general? It hasn't. I have children now who are a million times more important than football.

Is watching ccfc a chore? Yes. But then it always has!

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? Less so now than I used to be. I am desensitised to CCFC these days due to the unforgivable sisu years.

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? Hell no, give over man.

Have you lost all interest in football? Slowly been ebbing away for 10 years or so. Nothing to do with CCFCs fortunes.

Have you become a cynical bastard? Haven't we all?

Is football now a waste of money? Yes. Cov no more than their L1 rivals though..

Sutty

I've probably got more of a sense of gallows humour than before, but that's about it.

Do you dread Saturdays?

No

No

Do you feel depressed?

No

No

No

No. Gained interest if anything,

Yes. But I always was.

To an extent, but that's the way football in general is going.

stupot07

Is watching ccfc a chore? No

Do you feel depressed? Not particularly

Have you lost all interest in football? Love watching city, been going off the PL and CL for the last 5-6 years

Have you become a cynical bastard? Yes, but that's nothing to do with football

Is football now a waste of money? Always has been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rupert_bear

The terrible reign of Fisher and Waggott can not last for ever and I am hopeful the end of it is not too far away, until then we have to just grin and bare it and look to a team such as Southampton, in our position just over 3 years ago and hope, without that we are fooked.

Covstu

Do you dread Saturdays? not really, when city win nowadays its like winning the cup so it can work the other way!

Is watching ccfc a chore? I dont really get excited about it anymore i must admit

Do you feel depressed? nope

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? nope

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? I used to when i watched city but then realised that wiped out sunday also

Have you lost all interest in football? Still love football but losing faith in the club slowly unfortunately. I am starting to look at other things to do at the weekend.

Have you become a cynical bastard? Yep, always have been

Is football now a waste of money? Overinflated most definately, with two young kids and a passion for cycling i find myself wanting to spend the football money elsewhere

SkyBlueSid

Do you dread Saturdays? Not dread, but I don't look forward to match days any more.

Is watching ccfc a chore? I'm afraid the answer is 'Yes'. Having never missed games before the Sixfields fiasco, it is now difficult to motivate to actually go, given the total lack of entertainment and rubbish match day experience.

Do you feel depressed? Not depressed. More despondent and apathetic at the state of the club.

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? No. Got over worrying about results many years ago, part of growing up/getting old.

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? No.

Have you lost all interest in football? Much less interested than in the past. We are so far removed from the Premier League that it may as well be a different sport. Couldn't care less who wins it.

Have you become a cynical bastard? Always been one! The way the club, league and football in general is run would make anyone cynical, the sport is in a terrible state.

Is football now a waste of money? Definitely! It has become ridiculously expensive and is certainly not value for money. Buying our season tickets on the return to the Ricoh is looking like a waste of money and a very poor impulse buy!

Ashdown

Football is generally piss poor now as a game. Too many athletes, not enough footballers. Cheating, diving, time wasting, gamesmanship. Money has trashed it for all but a handful of clubs. City are just a product of the ways of the modern commercial world in sport, we had the wrong people in charge at the wrong time when we needed some nous .

chiefdave

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general? Wouldn't say taken a toll. Weekends have certainly changed since the move to Sixfields. Up until then I would rush home for the phone in on Friday and then my Saturday would be planned around either going to a game or being at home from 2-6 to listen online which caused no end of arguments with the wife. Now I go to a lot less games and if I have something else planned on a Saturday it's not a problem to miss the commentary and just check the scores on my phone.

Do you dread Saturdays? Not at all, its got to the point where I don't expect them to win (or even play well or get a shot on target), my expectations are so low there's nothing to dread.

Is watching ccfc a chore? Yes, although I'm not watching them anywhere near as much as I was before the Sixfields move. I didn't go to any home games last year and as I expected to not be going to them again this year I have planned other things with my weekends. Last year I made a big effort to get to as many away games as possible but this year that's not really happening. Combination of a decreased level of interest and lack of many teams any closer to me than a home game. Going to games is an effort, it's certainly not anything you could call enjoyable. To be honest now my Dad has had enough and isn't going to games my matchday experience would be driving 3 hours or more to the Ricoh, watching a load of crap for 2 hours, driving 3 hours back and spending the best part of £100 in the process - it's not too appealing.

Do you feel depressed? Depressed might be a bit extreme but yes because I don't want to lose interest in the club but I feel it happening. There is no sign of anything good happening anytime soon and when you have no hope it all seems a bit pointless. I feel I'm having to force myself to maintain an interest in something that doesn't have any upside to it.

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? Not anymore. My Mum often asks my wife if I still get in a bad mood all weekend when they lose and the answer is now I don't. I expect it and while I get a bit annoyed following the games once it's over I move on.

Do you drink more to wash away the pain? Linking into the above I no longer feel the need to drown my sorrows every weekend so I'm drinking a lot less.

Have you lost all interest in football? It's getting that way. When we were at Sixfields to get a football fix I went to some England games and the whole thing was pretty soul destroying. In some ways I don't see the point anymore. What are we aiming for, to get to the PL and hope we can avoid relegation every year and stop the top teams getting into double figures against us?

Have you become a cynical bastard? No more or less than I was before!

Is football now a waste of money? Yes, it's incredibly expensive for what it is. At some point the bubble will burst and it will either be empty ground or something like the NBA, NHL etc where it's all corporate tickets with a few real fans shoved into the 'cheap' seats to try and create an atmosphere.

The Reverend Skyblue

I can't be arsed to answer all the questions, but on the one about losing interest in football, I see most on here admit they are.
i noticed though that Villas attendance last night for a Premier game against the second in the league was only 25,000, the lowest for 15 years.
so even in the Prem they are losing fans so we are not alone, and I think crowds in general are down over the leagues, but yet again I can't be arsed to go and find a fact for that.

football has got too expensive, the product on the pitch is not as good as it was a few years ago. Clubs in General will need to look at ticket prices ,as I feel many of them especially in the prem are a total piss take.

cov1987

How has the general slow decline of ccfc from the premiership years taken its toll on your life in general? So sad to see old footage when we were in the prem doing OK to where we are now.

Do you dread Saturdays? Can't wait for Saturdays home or away

Is watching ccfc a chore? Slowly becoming one this season

Do you feel depressed? It does get you down but there's always hope that this is the game for our turnaround

Are you miserable and moody with your family and friends? Use to be got use to losing now.

Have you become a cynical bastard? No

Is football now a waste of money? I think the cost now is driving fans away.

Users who are viewing this thread