More shoddy CT journalism (1 Viewer)

Otis

Screenshot_2017-11-06-19-33-15.png
Pet cat dies story.

Last edited:

Astute

That is news. It is some sick twat that has done that. Would you think it is nothing if the cat belonged to your daughter?

Otis

That is news. It is some sick twat that has done that. Would you think it is nothing if the cat belonged to your daughter?
Look above the article. Supposed to be the location of the incident.

Otis

Sorry. Too sick to joke about for me.
I'm not joking about it though. It's a very serious story and they have put the location of the incident as 'Simon Cowell. '

How is that joking about the incident? I am pointing out shoddy journalism.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If you think the Telegraph is bad, you should try the IoW County Press. Dull, dull, dull! Thank Gawd it only comes out once a week!

Covstu

If you think the Telegraph is bad, you should try the IoW County Press. Dull, dull, dull! Thank Gawd it only comes out once a week!
When I go up to see my old man in Dunoon, its the same up there. 'Outrage as elderly couple woken up at 11pm by drunken yobs' was one. Two old boys singing down the street after the pub closed!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We get top stories like, "Chimney fire in Wroxall!" and "Fire Services comes to the rescue - Gets moggy down from tree." and, "Car hits bollard in Newport." All mind blowing stuff here, y'know!

Nick

Administrator
INTRUDERS WITH WEAPONS FORCE COVENTRY SCHOOL INTO LOCKDOWN

The lockdown is amid reports of a ‘gang in masks with hockey sticks and knives’ at the school.

The reality:

West Coventry Academy said a group of three boys carrying sticks were immediately apprehended after breaking in through a fence.

Imagine how many parents were shitting themselves thinking the school was under siege or terrorism. When in reality 3 kids had hopped the fence and had sticks. No attempt to double check any facts before posting them, it's like a woman at the school gates with nonsense gossip.

Edit:

I think CET need to make a minimum of a public apology for yesterdays reporting fiasco. The amount of worry and stress your factually incorrect reporting caused was rediculous. Not only did it seriously worry a ot of childrens parents it caused the school to have a high volume of worried parents calling when they should be able to get on with dealing with childrens educations. The fact youve reported 1 other parent saying her children were frightened (not that the report is clear whether this was a different person to the initial report or not) yet have ignored all the comments from other parents skating how you have reported this and how well the school dealt with it goes to show you aren' about supporting the local community but are out to try and cause fear.

Otis

INTRUDERS WITH WEAPONS FORCE COVENTRY SCHOOL INTO LOCKDOWN

The lockdown is amid reports of a ‘gang in masks with hockey sticks and knives’ at the school.

The reality:

West Coventry Academy said a group of three boys carrying sticks were immediately apprehended after breaking in through a fence.

Imagine how many parents were shitting themselves thinking the school was under siege or terrorism. When in reality 3 kids had hopped the fence and had sticks. No attempt to double check any facts before posting them, it's like a woman at the school gates with nonsense gossip.

Edit:
Not out to cause fear. Out to sell papers with no regard to consequence of artistic licence.

Users who are viewing this thread