Most Nerve Racking Experience You've Ever Had? (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

sat at an airport on 9/11 due to get on a plane, and watching it all unfold on the tv screens in the departure area
Many americans in tears around the AA desk
I was in Amsterdam, and we finally flew several hours later, but until that plane landed !!

Sbarcher

sat at an airport on 9/11 due to get on a plane, and watching it all unfold on the tv screens in the departure area
Many americans in tears around the AA desk
I was in Amsterdam, and we finally flew several hours later, but until that plane landed !!
I was at a Spanish airpot heading home at that time. Heavily delayed and only able to take keys, money and medication as hand luggage. Hell on with people saying they would not put phones and cameras in checked in cases. Those that continued to complain did not fly.

ProfessorbyGrace

Probably flying through turbulence during my one and only flight abroad, whilst sat in the bog trying to fart out all the built up wind that had appeared due to the cabin pressure. I was only 15, and I really did think the plane was going down with me sat on the crapper.

Second is a different type of nerve-shredder, the anxiety ridden 28 labour to finally c-section my firstborn out, as the doctor had said the umbilical cord was around her neck.

Third was a pretty nifty bit of driving to avoid a smash up that was caused by some idiot trying to race around an arctic lorry before I could get there, totally unsighted by me. He comes out of nowhere at nearly 50mph (halfway along the arctic) and I had to ditch the car off the road. Bear in mind I had most of my family in the car too. I then proceeded to almost pass out from the adrenaline rush.
The imbecile who causes it didn’t even stop out of concern.

Nearly lopped my finger off in a photography dark room once as well, using scissors to open a can of film. Pretty grim. The class tutor nearly fainted when he saw it. lol

Macca1987

Going back to my teens, four of us first holiday in Spain. My two mates in the next room trashed their room and were kicked out. I went up to my room and tied all the sheets together to get their suitcases back in (great idea I hear you say), just as I was finishing there is a knock at the door, I open it and the manager and two cops are standing there, the manager pulls a stilletto knife on me and holds it to my throat saying he wants to kill me. One of the cops was quite young and he pulled the manager away, then the old cop lays into me with his truncheon. I'm then told to get all the cases and get out of the hotel. Walking down the stairs I had this great idea that I could make a run for it, within about three steps the old cop had laid me across the back of my head with his truncheon, knobby 18 year old, cases and all came to a stop in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. The young cop picked me up and said if you run again he will shoot you. The rest of the walk out of the hotel was like a death march with a machine gun in my back, never so glad to see a coach taking me to the airport in my life

Brighton Sky Blue

When we got burgled a few years ago. We were both in the house but someone just chanced the door and grabbed what he could see without us realising. Wife then got hauled up at school because some of what was stolen was GCSE work and she said she was going to be disciplined for not securely storing the work.

Was pretty chilling to think what might have happened had we actually caught the thief in the act

Users who are viewing this thread