Most profitable sales (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

As an aside, Babb was a fine example of selling your best player but using the money wisely. Dublin was bought with some of the cash - not sure if we signed anyone else mind you, can't quite remember?

I'm also struggling to think of any Atkinson era signings we got our money back on, let alone made a profit!

Brighton Sky Blue

As an aside, Babb was a fine example of selling your best player but using the money wisely. Dublin was bought with some of the cash - not sure if we signed anyone else mind you, can't quite remember?

I'm also struggling to think of any Atkinson era signings we got our money back on, let alone made a profit!
A £200k profit was made on Whelan

shmmeee

When you look down our biggest sales you see some that you think must have been profitable only to see we paid through the absolute nose in the first place.

Brighton Sky Blue

I suppose the ultimate measure of profit would be to also include the total cost of the player’s contract to us as well as his fee. On that measure Ndlovu, McNulty and McCallum would come out on top I think.

Legia Sky Blue

Can't think of any either, despite there being plenty of signings. I remember we could have sold Telfer for a tidy profit to Blackburn soon after signing him, but turned down their offer!

torchomatic

What did we buy/sell Pearce for?

He was part of the deal with Butterworth too, wasn't he? I remember him going to Forest at the same time as Pearce.

What about Ndlovu? I remember he cost us £10K. Must have got a bit qhen we eventually sold him.

fernandopartridge

Not directly afair, though Atkinson's spending began 5-6 months after he signed

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Hughes was sold for less than the £5m we paid, sure it was about £2.5m

We also paid £7 grand a week of his wages while he played for them

Terry Gibson, bought from Spurs and sold to Man utd, they "kindly" gave us Alan Brazil and cash..can't remember how.much

Grendel

On Danny Fox we made less than £200k on him

DrPoolittle

I suppose the ultimate measure of profit would be to also include the total cost of the player’s contract to us as well as his fee. On that measure Ndlovu, McNulty and McCallum would come out on top I think.
Hughes was sold for less than the £5m we paid, sure it was about £2.5m

City hadnt finished paying for Lee Hughes, not by a long way. We still owed about £4 million, so Hughes essentially left the club and the owed fee was written off

Grendel

City hadnt finished paying for Lee Hughes, not by a long way. We still owed about £4 million, so Hughes essentially left the club and the owed fee was written off

We were paying a large amount of his wages every week

Users who are viewing this thread