Mowbray's got a new job.. (3 Viewers)

robbiekeane

I don’t understand....

....he has the biggest budget in league one by an absolute mile, he should be getting them the title.

He grossly underperformed in both seasons with us. He’s a manager who needs to have a budget suited to the top two tiers of English football to achieve anything.

He had promotion within sight in “that” season and he totally fucked it up with shite january signings, stubbornness to mix it up when it wasn’t working, favouritism of MAF, and being obsessed with the big glittery name of Joe Cole and trying to shoehorn him into the side.

Then the next year he tried to sign championship players with a league one budget, missed out, and then signed a relegation side.

I really don’t get how anyone can argue with the above?!?

Otis

I don’t understand....

....he has the biggest budget in league one by an absolute mile, he should be getting them the title.

He grossly underperformed in both seasons with us. He’s a manager who needs to have a budget suited to the top two tiers of English football to achieve anything.

He had promotion within sight in “that” season and he totally fucked it up with shite january signings, stubbornness to mix it up when it wasn’t working, favouritism of MAF, and being obsessed with the big glittery name of Joe Cole and trying to shoehorn him into the side.

Then the next year he tried to sign championship players with a league one budget, missed out, and then signed a relegation side.

I really don’t get how anyone can argue with the above?!?
Anyone?

giphy.gif

Think!

Hmmm. There must be someone.

There's surely someone.

giphy.gif

Can't quite think who, but I'm sure there is one person on here who might think differently.

giphy.gif

Nah. Must be wrong.

No-one could argue with any of that at all could they.

giphy.gif

PTA

Just thought I'd pull this up and say I was right and Mowbray's collapse was observable after only one game. Mowbray's favouritism . Really can't work out if he's a good manager or not, had some great highlights with us but is also performing badly with Blackburn given the circumstances and also managed to fail at Celtic- the easiest team in the world to manage.

Astute

Can someone help me please?

Who are we blaming this week? Mowbray or Slade?

skybluetony176

Blackburn’s wage bill last year was £25 million he’s fighting it out with Shrewsbury for promotion...
Talking of last season we were fighting it out with Shrewsbury ourselves at the other end of the table. They have a good manager who came in and turned them around from relegation certainties to safety with promotion form. If you know anything about football (which we’ve long established you don’t) then it won’t come as any surprise that they’ve been able to carry that form on and are pushing for promotion this season. They’re punching well above their weight. It wouldn’t come as a surprise to me if they had the lowest budget in the top half of the table.

Warwickhunt

Who the fuck resurrected this post!!!!

Hobo

Blackburn’s wage bill last year was £25 million he’s fighting it out with Shrewsbury for promotion...

Surely it depends on his remit, his budget and how much of the squad assembled will stand them in good stead for next year. For all you know the owners might have been prepared to pay 30 million for promotion. You as a senior manager should know success and from failure can be measured in many different ways and that is before you consider short, medium and long term perspectives.

Grendel

Surely it depends on his remit, his budget and how much of the squad assembled will stand them in good stead for next year. For all you know the owners might have been prepared to pay 30 million for promotion. You as a senior manager should know success and from failure can be measured in many different ways and that is before you consider short, medium and long term perspectives.

I can’t be bothered to check but I don’t think he’s signed many players at all. The fact is Wigan and Blackburn have 5 times the average wage than any club in that league - same as wolves when they ended up down here - it would be unbelievable if they didn’t get promoted.

covcity4life

Hahah the caveats are out now!!! Lmao

Stupot likijg your post but never replied about his post saying autos were gone just over a 10 days ago...

Brighton Sky Blue

Hahah the caveats are out now!!! Lmao

Stupot likijg your post but never replied about his post saying autos were gone just over a 10 days ago...

These aren't caveats they're facts. Overlook that he was unable to stop them being relegated in the first place and that his summer recruitment in 2016 was atrocious and only concentrate on him being at the top of League 1 with the best players.

covcity4life

How about you prove me wrong rather than post drivel?
League table does i dont really need too. Hes a good manager that plays lovely football

Noone evrr ssid he was perfect. Noone ever said he hasnt tailed off in seasons. Noone ever said his recruitment for ccfc in 2nd season was great

He did however get us our best positional finish in 10 years. He did get us playong best attacking football many of us had seen in life time. He is a very well spoken man eho many warmed too and hw does have promotions on his c.v and looking for another now.

Thus many fans rate him as a manager. So if people are gonna tag me in a post after months of me not speaking about him because shrewsbury won a extra game played then i will laugh when his team leapfrogs them again the very next day thank you very much

We have many many managers that failed here, for mowbray to have more fsns on his bsck thsn those sinply because he did well enough with tjrthe tesm to make you believe is laughable snd also genuinly sad because it shoss how hurt your heart is

Time is a healer though. We hsve robins now. We forcus on iurselves ans hopefully success will follow. Let our former mansgers carry on with their careers elsewhere be it successfull at top of league or being sacked and out of sjob after causing 2 relegations in a ros

Have a great saturday!!

Brighton Sky Blue

League table does i dont really need too. Hes a good manager that plays lovely football

!

...because he has the best players in the league available to him. You also seem to forget him totally bombing the 15/16 season because he couldn't change his style. He can't succeed without players too good for the league.

Captain Dart

Which is surprising as Grendull said he was premier league manager quality.
He has also said the budget here is unimportant. Typical hypocrisy & double talk.

Users who are viewing this thread