MR profile (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I genuinely love that almost to a man (*or woman) you're saying 'no chance'.

Football and fans in particular have short memories. If, through no fault of his own, we do poorly next season, there will be taxi calls again. We're reasonably (*most) normal on here, can you imagine a toxic Facebook? People shout abuse after a single defeat.

Some say money isn't a motivation, but if a club offers him beyond our means and can serriously secure his families future, then he's no more immune to that than the rest of us.

I too hope Leicester isn't an option, but again, locally, he's known better, he did play for them and if Enzo is sacked by Christmas, I'd be amazed if he wasn't considered.

Imo someone will ask, he deserves the opportunity and I pray that we can match his ambition.
My brother-in-law and a couple of his mates want Maresca sacked and replaced by Robins; still don't think he'd leave us to go there though.

biggymania

I think also we need to understand (and be re-assured) that Robins is a pragmatic, gentle progression personality. Most clubs aren't actually looking for that at the top end of the championship or the premiership. It's mainly shit or bust. That's why most clubs who might be considered competitors don't really look for someone like Robins. They're often gambling and betting the farm on a singular, relatively quick transformation. Robins has been a gentle, slow, low budget rebuild.

I just don't see it happening any time soon.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins and Viveash seem the perfect fit for us, I think Robins will have learnt his lesson from last time and stay until he is told otherwise.

IF and a big IF Man United did ask to speak to Mark Robins about becoming their manager, no way would anyone begrudge him becoming the MU manager and no way would Mark Robins turn down the opportunity.

It's not just about losing Robins though, we would lose Viveassh as well, they would go with my blessing.

Covkid1968#

IF and a big IF Man United did ask to speak to Mark Robins about becoming their manager, no way would anyone begrudge him becoming the MU manager and no way would Mark Robins turn down the opportunity.

It's not just about losing Robins though, we would lose Viveassh as well, they would go with my blessing.
He was a Utd fan as a young man

Deity

Completely agree mate.

king can’t expect that play off demand without another serious summer investment in my opinion.
I think it depends on what you mean by serious and whether we have any high profile exits ( excluding COH )

It’s only 1 year ago that £3m investment would have been dreamland for us.

I expect Sheaf to leave and a spend of circa £12m.

junglej13

Another slight thing in our favour is Robins jumped ship before (albeit under very chaotic circumstances)... And his career nose dived.

clint van damme

My brother-in-law and a couple of his mates want Maresca sacked and replaced by Robins; still don't think he'd leave us to go there though.

Maresca has been there for less than a year, and I think that's something that would play into Robins desicion.
He's basically unsackable here, why go somewhere where he could be out the door in 6 months?
One thing I would be looking at if I was a chairman of one of the many clubs a similar size to ours who go through managers like a knife through butter is giving a manager time, allowing him to build, and not pulling the trigger at the first set back.

I don't know what sisus motives for that were, they probably just didn't give a shit, or didn't want to pay compo, but Im grateful for them letting him get on with it the couple of times things got a bit sticky if for nothing else.

bigfatronssba

Robins has said before about how easy his job is because he’s got all the right people in place that he trusts.

For a man that has never craved the limelight, I’m not sure what it would be that tempts him away.

Matt smith

I think it depends on what you mean by serious and whether we have any high profile exits ( excluding COH )

It’s only 1 year ago that £3m investment would have been dreamland for us.

I expect Sheaf to leave and a spend of circa £12m.
If sheaf does go and a figure in the region of 10 or so million pounds and vik goes I’d hope we spend more than 12 million.

granted you can get good footballers for competitive prices, torp and sakamoto good examples

MalcSB

I really hope so. Sunday was one of my best ever days following City, and I’ve been doing it for 5 decades.
This is the 7th decade in which I have followed City, I would like us to get back to the prem in my lifetime, so I would prefer to concentrate on the league. FA cup wins - got the t shirt!

rob9872

6th decade and I want both :)

Johhny Blue

But can you imagine him trying to build the same off the field relationships that players have here when working with a bunch of prima donnas

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

But can you imagine him trying to build the same off the field relationships that players have here when working with a bunch of prima donnas

If Mark Robins has full control of signing players, I don't think he would sign Prima Donna's

Users who are viewing this thread