Mr Tinkerman (2 Viewers)

chinamans view

Will TM cost us promotion keep changing the team ? Arma and Murphy on bench today our 2 best forwards, I think he is loosing the plot. He needs to steady the ship on this changing teams every game ,its not good for players.

stupot07

I do think Armstrong needs a rest, but yes he does seem to change the starting 11 every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wood.ben2608

Statement of intent, that's all. Maddison scored when he came off the bench boxing day and Arma hasn't scored in a few. Don't understand the Murphy logic as he has had a good few games recently, but shouldn't be seen much more than a statement, especially as the players are young - they can't expect a starting place. Squad still looks strong with the bench options the best we've had for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
getimage.aspx

skybluetony176

TM is the reason we're in with a shout of promotion full stop. Dodged relegation on the last day of the season to promotion hopefuls. Some people need reminding of that and then give TM the credit he deserves. TM and his staff have turned this club around.

Sky Blue Harry H

We played the day before yesterday. Fresh legs are important - quality on pitch (and bench if necessary). Makes sense that he would use squad rotation today. Kents pace replaces Murphy and we haven't filled the team full of dross - we'll see come 5pm. In Mowbray (and Madders) we trust!

mechaishida

I guess TM 'tinkers' to provide the ideal line-up against the specific opponents; he does do thorough preparation before each game, so I suppose he plays the best-suited starting 11 that he believes will do the job.

I'm not beyond questioning tactics or changes, but his rotations in personnel won't have a bearing on where we finish. He's doing his job with the limited tools at his disposal.

matesx

We played the day before yesterday. Fresh legs are important - quality on pitch (and bench if necessary). Makes sense that he would use squad rotation today. Kents pace replaces Murphy and we haven't filled the team full of dross - we'll see come 5pm. In Mowbray (and Madders) we trust!

Spot on Sir

OP is a clown

Otis

It's an overreaction. We are 4th, 2 points off top spot and are the only side in all the leagues to be unbeaten at home.

How is that losing the plot?

Today is the second game in THREE days. We had to make changes.

Armstrong was due a rest and JOB needed to come in, Cole said himself that he couldn't manage both games and Martin is obviously injured and Fleck is first choice anyway and is now fit.

That explains 5 of the 6 changes. How is that losing the plot?

mechaishida

It's an overreaction. We are 4th, 2 points off top spot and are the only side in all the leagues to be unbeaten at home.

How is that losing the plot?

Today is the second game in THREE days. We had to make changes.

Armstrong was due a rest and JOB needed to come in, Cole said himself that he couldn't manage both games and Martin is obviously injured and Fleck is first choice anyway and is now fit.

That explains 5 of the 6 changes. How is that losing the plot?

Yep, the 'losing the plot' remark was a tad reactionary; the squad is looking almost threadbare right now, with Martin now out too.

Even when TM isn't shuffling the pack to cover injuries, I think he does it strategically. Doesn't always work, but there you go.

stupot07

Lol straight to his defence. Haha

So what have i said that was wrong? I agreed that Mowbray likes to make changes. Didn't say it was good or bad, just stated a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

I didn't day you said anything wrong did I??? I just notice you agreed with the negative OP

It's part of my stupot bingo

stupot07

I didn't day you said anything wrong did I??? I just notice you agreed with the negative OP

It's part of my stupot bingo

No I just agreed that Mowbray does like to change the side nothin about being negative.

Hobo

Martin is a forced change, Flecks needs to come back in as does JOB, Maddison has earned the shirt. Armstrong needs a rest and maybe Murphy does too.

That is what management is about surely?

Gazolba

But why Fortune and not Tudgay starting?

chinamans view

I am TM biggest fan and appreciate we would not be in this position without him but surly even he can make mistakes or can be criticised, He did make the same mistake at M/boro about xmas time changing the team every game.

covcity4life

But was it definitely a mistake? Maybe fortune worked herd so hard he got injured and our nippy subs helped us get an equaliser

Skyblueweeman

I don't see why the OP is getting such a hard time on this. I know we've had quite a few injuries to contend with but we do seem to make more changes each week than always necessary.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if TM knows our best starting 11...particularly at the top end of the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill Glazier

First post on here for many a day and have only been to 1 match this season (Boxing Day), but did see the Blades match on telly when we were completely shafted by ludicrous reffing decisions. I'm very impressed with the way Mowbray's turned things around and will get to at least 1 of the next vital home matches. We look a very, very good side when we get going and I'm sure we will finish the season strongly when we're playing on better pitches in the Spring. Don't panic, this is just a blip if you can even call it that.

SkyblueBazza

Will TM cost us promotion keep changing the team ? Arma and Murphy on bench today our 2 best forwards, I think he is loosing the plot. He needs to steady the ship on this changing teams every game ,its not good for players.
It's called strategy.

The risk is that Chesterfield would have dealt with the threat of both in similar vein to Sheffield Utd. That could have left us light up front with two crucial games against Walsall & Burton if they were injured.

So it's just a risk resting them, that today didn't quite pay off.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread