murphys delivery (1 Viewer)

ricohman

I dont know if this has been talked about today yet, but while watching last nights match live on sky the commentator said that murphys delivery was the best he'd seen anywhere this season.

I dont know the guys name but his voice was familiar so i guess hes covered quite a few matches this season.

So shot stopping isnt the only side to murphys game and maybe some praise needed for his passing ability

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I made a minor reference to it on a post last night! It was almost like he's just learnt how to send players on the counter attack! Was very impressed! And it was his quick kick out that was laid off superbly by Elliott for our Equalisier (I think it was)

torchomatic

Garry Birtles?

pw362

<p>
I made a minor reference to it on a post last night! It was almost like he's just learnt how to send players on the counter attack! Was very impressed! And it was his quick kick out that was laid off superbly by Elliott for our Equalisier (I think it was)
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Yet on other threads people are saying his distribution last night was crap

skybluebolland

Bill Leslie was the main one.

He kept calling everything a "physical encounter", and it just seemed normal league 1, so I think he probably watches mostly Premier League.

ShInnbob

Apart from one poor kick he had an excellent game. Kicking was top quality, and his quality in the air also deserves a mention I feel.

ricohman

Bill Leslie was the main one.

He kept calling everything a "physical encounter", and it just seemed normal league 1, so I think he probably watches mostly Premier League.

Even if he does mostly watch prem League, he still said his distribution was the best hes seen this season so that tells you something in itself

PVA

It was good last night but he did cost us a goal at spurs and at mk dons with poor distribution.

ps1948

The goal at Spurs was down to a professional footballer not being able to control a football in the middle of the park......yes, the ball was thrown to him by Murphy, but that didn't cost the goal.
Same applies at MK Dons, where again, a player failed to control the ball well, and then the defence failed to deal with the attack that followed.
There was also one kick in the first half where he put Baker away in a really good counter-attack which almost resulted in a goal.

PVA

The goal at Spurs was down to a professional footballer not being able to control a football in the middle of the park......yes, the ball was thrown to him by Murphy, but that didn't cost the goal.
Same applies at MK Dons, where again, a player failed to control the ball well, and then the defence failed to deal with the attack that followed.
There was also one kick in the first half where he put Baker away in a really good counter-attack which almost resulted in a goal.

On both occasions it was poor control you're right. However they were both dangerous and unnecessary distributions.

Don't get me wrong I love murph and think he's brilliant.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He does generally try and pick a man out with his kicks but sometime cocks it up an either puts it straight out of play or to the opposition

shmmeee

I commented during the game that he'd obviously been working on his distribution. Certainly in the first third of the game he was aiming his balls at feet/chest rather than lumping it.

To be honest I hope it's a sign of a permanent change and not just a response to Prestons aerial dominance.

Dan Griffin

I remember elliots goal v sheffield utd at the start of the season came from murphys long kick straight to cody elliot played thru bang 1-0

Kilbane was doing the reporting for Sky Sports News. My friend saw him right behind us but i was focusing on the game so i didnt see him. And i have to admit Murphy's passing is imaculate. He's like Paul Scholes with gloves

Mucca Mad Boys

Kilbane was doing the reporting for Sky Sports News. My friend saw him right behind us but i was focusing on the game so i didnt see him. And i have to admit Murphy's passing is imaculate. He's like Paul Scholes with gloves ... But Dunn is like Xavi with gloves so I'd start him

Edited it for you pal ;)

Mucca Mad Boys

hahaha i havent seen much of Dunn's passing. I havent got anything against Murphy, he's a top class keeper, but he's not perfect and im a big believer in giving fringe players chances, so i wanna see what Dunn's got

In games such as Morcombe yeah, which he did...

Users who are viewing this thread