Musicians/groups you loathe ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Otis got me thinking about bands and musicians I dislike. I can't stand boybands especially One Direction.
But I dislike James Blunt,Ed Sheeran,Madonna,Justin (spunkbubble)Bieber,Michael Bouble,Elbow,Paul (done nowt since Wings) McCartney,and Robbie Williams. To me all these in a concert would find me in the bar all night !

Brighton Sky Blue

You will enjoy this.

[video=youtube;c6DYTBYrDFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6DYTBYrDFY[/video]

bigfatronssba

Cant stand Liam Gallagher or Bob Geldof.

Otis

Otis got me thinking about bands and musicians I dislike. I can't stand boybands especially One Direction.
But I dislike James Blunt,Ed Sheeran,Madonna,Justin (spunkbubble)Bieber,Michael Bouble,Elbow,Paul (done nowt since Wings) McCartney,and Robbie Williams. To me all these in a concert would find me in the bar all night !

Would agree with quite a few on that list, but do have to say that I really like Elbow. For me, they make some inspirational music.

Loathes?

Bon Jovi, the very epitome of all things bland, Phil Collins and all the safe, US, heavy rock bands.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't stand any sort of "metal". It's just a noise, blokes scraping their fingers over a few guitar strings, a drummer having an epilectic fit and a "singer" screaming out some undecipherable sound into the mike. Oh, and I can't stand (c)rap either!

bringbackrattles

Can't stand any sort of "metal". It's just a noise, blokes scraping their fingers over a few guitar strings, a drummer having an epilectic fit and a "singer" screaming out some undecipherable sound into the mike. Oh, and I can't stand (c)rap either!
I'm with you Houch on Rap crap more like.But I love metal but from the likes of ACDC,SABBATH,and bands like that.The rock I don't like was glam rock from KISS and Motley Crue they ruined it !

rupert_bear

Paul McCartney ? Wrote dozens of songs that have become standards in any lifetime. Over 70 now so has had his day and I don't like seeing him in concert anymore but will be talked about in a 1/2/3 hundred years time

ajsccfc

While we're dazzling with wordplay, you can add a letter to pop to make it POOP MUSIC!

High five.

Houchens Head

Jazz is another type of music I can't stand. Haven't heard one piece of music that calls itself "jazz", that I have thought 'that's nice'! :thinking about:

Houchens Head

U2 for me, cannot stand em

I used to like U2 many years ago (Joshua Tree & Unforgettable Fire albums), but I listened to their latest effort recently and it was awful!

bringbackrattles

Paul McCartney ? Wrote dozens of songs that have become standards in any lifetime. Over 70 now so has had his day and I don't like seeing him in concert anymore but will be talked about in a 1/2/3 hundred years time
Fair comment in fact I felt bad putting him on my room 101 list.he has written great stuff along with Lennon too,but in my eyes has done nothing for years.but he is a legend not that the rest are !

Covstu

I used to like U2 many years ago (Joshua Tree & Unforgettable Fire albums), but I listened to their latest effort recently and it was awful!

i think its the fact they are so far up their own arses too, too self important and think they are gods gift to charities etc.

bringbackrattles

Shania Twain, Noel Gallagher, Justin Bieber, One Direction, John Lennon
Sorry but Lennon was a genius and a music legend but it's all down to taste.As for U2 they're a great live band and I still remember them at Milton Keynes Bowl on their Blood Red Sky tour when they were just getting known and they were brilliant.

Otis

Sorry but Lennon was a genius and a music legend but it's all down to taste.As for U2 they're a great live band and I still remember them at Milton Keynes Bowl on their Blood Red Sky tour when they were just getting known and they were brilliant.

It's easy to have your views tainted by how bands were though isn't it.

I used to like U2 a lot, around the Joshua Tree days, but now I am not a fan at all.

So many bands sell out in their music unfortunately. Become really big and then they feel they have to cater for the audience they have created rather than try and push boundaries and evolve. Coldplay are very much a case in point. They were a good band when they first hit the scene but have now all but become a charicature.

McCartney hasn't really produced anything of note for an age (apart from his dabblings in classical music). Lennon might well have gone the same way.

The bands I love are those that are not safe and predictable, but those with an edge and some invention about them and those that are ground breaking and innovative.

Lennon will always be a hero of mine, even though I know he wouldn't approve. Music has become rather safe again these days and I think it needs another punk style revolution to give the whole scene a kick up the pants.

ajsccfc

Do people actually know enough of Justin Bieber's music to hate him or is it just him? I couldn't pick a song of his out of a lineup.

Otis

Do people actually know enough of Justin Bieber's music to hate him or is it just him? I couldn't pick a song of his out of a lineup.

Me neither.

So many of the artists in that sort of field seem to be producing the same sort of music anyway. I just find it all rather bland and uninspiring.

Just like One Direction. I don't have any hatred towards them, I just find them incredibly dull and predictable.

bringbackrattles

I used to like U2 a lot, around the Joshua Tree days, but now I am not a fan at all.

So many bands sell out in their music unfortunately. Become really big and then they feel they have to cater for the audience they have created rather than try and push boundaries and evolve. Coldplay are very much a case in point. They were a good band when they first hit the scene but have now all but become a charicature.

McCartney hasn't really produced anything of note for an age (apart from his dabblings in classical music). Lennon might well have gone the same way.

The bands I love are those that are not safe and predictable, but those with an edge and some invention about them and those that are ground breaking and innovative.

Lennon will always be a hero of mine, even though I know he wouldn't approve. Music has become rather safe again these days and I think it needs another punk style revolution to give the whole scene a kick up the pants.
Spot on Otis it has become a bit stale and mundane,it;s called the XFactor syndrome.Plastic music by talentless "artists."
I was brought up on great music by the Stones,Beatles,Dylan,Hendrix etc so I guess I was lucky being around in that era. Music in a way is like football as it has it's great teams and players,but it has it's crap too !

derbyskyblue

Admit it, you just want to get your bondage gear out again.;)

mrtrench

Agree with Otis on McCartney and US metal bands. I hate the shite uk metal bands too: Rainbow, Quo; Sabbath particularly; iron Maiden. Love the blues based rock of Led Zep however. Typically i hate formulaic music, rock and pop alike.

Macca

R and B.
Oh and Jack Whitehall. I know he's not a musician but I have to say he's a c**t every day regardless of the topic

skybluedan

R and B.
Oh and Jack Whitehall. I know he's not a musician but I have to say he's a c**t every day regardless of the topic

Im like that with Harry hill I hate the c**t, but music wise it's fuckin Bono the Irish saint and the the leotard wearing skeleton madonna

Otis

Im like that with Harry hill I hate the c**t, but music wise it's fuckin Bono the Irish saint and the the leotard wearing skeleton madonna

Can't understand how anyone could find Harry Hill funny. Baffles me completely. He is anti-comedy to my mind.

mrtrench

Can't understand how anyone could find Harry Hill funny. Baffles me completely. He is anti-comedy to my mind.

Strange. He's one of my favourite comedians. One of the few that make laugh. Hate Whitehall though

Real

I cannot stand Robbie Williams. I wouldn't go to a concert if you paid me. He has no musical talent, I'd say his only real ability is to pull a few rubbery faces. I really do despise the cretin.

chiefdave

The most miserable band I've ever worked with were Alien Ant Farm, and that was when they were popular and playing to 5K a night, god knows what they're like now.

Bloc Party are on my hit list as well. When they were starting out they pulled out of a gig where they were the support act to a band I was working with as 'we're not supporting girls'.

Anything that Zane Lowe ever mentions, he is one annoying son of a bitch.

Zane Lowe refused to play a single by a band I was working with as they were a girl band and he said he didn't believe it was them playing on the single as girls can't play that well!

Joy Division

The most miserable band I've ever worked with were Alien Ant Farm, and that was when they were popular and playing to 5K a night, god knows what they're like now.

Bloc Party are on my hit list as well. When they were starting out they pulled out of a gig where they were the support act to a band I was working with as 'we're not supporting girls'.

Zane Lowe refused to play a single by a band I was working with as they were a girl band and he said he didn't believe it was them playing on the single as girls can't play that well!

Which all girl band is this?

Users who are viewing this thread