My concern with Robins (5 Viewers)

lacesoutdom

apart from strikers not scoring, i dont thinks its as simple as that, we havent got that spark that really brought an attack alive.

you could see from today, we're just stood at the penalty area not knowing what to do with it.

we havent got a solid first choice team, it changes everyweek, when we bough two strikers for combined, what £13m, knowing you've got to play both of them cause you've spent serious money for them but not got the formation for it, its going to fall apart like wet cake.

i dont even know what the problem is, but sacking MR isnt the solution

fatso

He must be so frustrated, our recruitment looks poor, we should be seeing positive signs of progress by now, but we are going backwards, and our options are limited.

We need to get to the next transfer window before we drop into the bottom 3, some of these players don't look like they'd fancy a relegation scrap.

Nick

Administrator
As a manager, what did he do wrong tonight?

He's set a team out thats created numerous opportunities and conceded very few. Individual error by Wilson and then conceding an offside goal on the break.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

"Numerous opportunities"

Keeper didn't get his kit dirty.

When it was 1-0 we had no clue how to get back into the game.

I think he's struggling to fix it. The fact he's stood watching Eccles put those corners in and doesn't tell somebody else to take them.

He's had plenty to spend this year, he has no excuses to hide behind

Nick

Administrator
He must be so frustrated, our recruitment looks poor, we should be seeing positive signs of progress by now, but we are going backwards, and our options are limited.

We need to get to the next transfer window before we drop into the bottom 3, some of these players don't look like they'd fancy a relegation scrap.
Let's not pretend he's not involved with recruitment when players are bad.

lacesoutdom

He's set a team out thats created numerous opportunities and conceded very few. Individual error by Wilson and then conceding an offside goal on the break.

i dont thibnk its about the losing, esp to those two goals, or the lack of finishing, its the lack of development in attack.

Saddlebrains

If you think we created many opportunities then I dont know what to say

Wrights one on one, yea. Anything else clear cut? Was there fuck

hill83

On sky they were on about Robins being upset about the new rule in the technical area as Viveash is the voice.

Deity

"Numerous opportunities"

Keeper didn't get his kit dirty.

When it was 1-0 we had no clue how to get back into the game.

I think he's struggling to fix it. The fact he's stood watching Eccles put those corners in and doesn't tell somebody else to take them.

He's had plenty to spend this year, he has no excuses to hide behind
We didn’t create much but it’s fair to say that Wright should have had 2 and Allen 1.

fatso

Let's not pretend he's not involved with recruitment when players are bad.
I'm not excusing him at all. But not replacing Hamer, and having the smallest squad in the league isn't helping us.

We know MR wanted more players in.

Last edited:

ajl

We have to admit we just aren't good enough

The signings just aren't good enough

Mark Robins is a great manager, but he can't do the players job for them

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

@fernandopartridge hammered me the other day for a slightly tongue in cheek post about his new saying being 'give it time' and he's basically on repeat again.

It literally is the new 'this is what we are up against' and 'we cannot compete with the wage budgets' that he's said for the past 5 years.

He's not necessarily wrong with either statements.

Users who are viewing this thread