My favourite goal (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Viktor17

Of course the day ended in heartbreak but everything about the moments that followed Gus' goal; the being there with my family and 40K City fans, the noise, everything. Happiest moment of my life.

Similar feeling on Saturday after the winner. We're living in really special times as City fans this last few years.
Agree, was with my 7 year daughter - that moment was amazing.

Only problem with the kids is I'm more worried about protecting them celebrating/holding onto them!!!! Managed to fully enjoy Saturday (childless)

Viktor17

Strangely enough, these are probably the goals I remember most, purely because of their significance and the sheer pandemonium of celebrations. The Moldovan goal is iconic, and I’ve never celebrated a goal like that before or since. It was absolute bedlam.
The 10 minutes of mystery injury time nearly had me on the floor though.

The Huckerby goal is still, to this day, the one that I remember so vividly, from Nilsson, to Soltvedt, then to Hucks; and it was the first time I’d celebrated a win over Man Utd as a Cov supporter.

It made the walk home to Hillfields a pleasure, for a change. ⚽️
Great days. Was front row for the Moldovan goal - pure ecstacy.

Viktor17

The quality of the goal itself.
The quality of the opposition.
And similar to last weekend, the fact that a couple of minutes beforehand, we had been 2-1 down.
Also remember, UTD at that time were the best team in Europe pretty much.

wingy

Always baffled me when people say Hamer at Wembley is their favourite goal, ultimately it meant nothing and isn’t even in my top 100.

People are also getting carried away saying the Wolves game was the greatest game they’ve ever been too. Strange
Just the effect of time, Thompson's goal v West ham was the equivalent of Saturday's goal!!

Calista

Wright up there isn't it.

Definitely in the top 5.

I loved Regis' at Sheff Wed in the 87 cup run. That was fabulous. Plus obviously, Houchen' header in the final.

Plus Regis again when we beat Spurs 4-3. The Thompson goal as mentioned above.

Oh and Ernie Hunt scoring from the half way line against Burnley, way back.
I'm with you on all of those Otis. It's funny how you can remember exactly where you were for the special goals - Crow's Nest for Ernie's lob, West End immediately behind the goal for Tommo against West Ham.

Calista

Saturday was brilliant and agree with posters above about the Huckerby goal versus Man U which was probably the best goal we have ever scored. However my favourite goals would still be Michael Gynn's equaliser in the Semi Final at Hillsborough and Brian Kilcline's crucial goal against Luton in a match we had to win to stay up. Both of these were the culmination of intense pressure and both were so important.
Gynn's equaliser against Leeds wasn't the greatest of goals, but it was the biggest explosion of noise I've ever experienced at a football match.

steve cooper

The best game I’ve been to was when we beat Man Utd and Huckerby scored that amazing solo goal.
The game on Saturday is certainly up there, purely down to the dramatic ending
I was at that game.
Look where Whelan is, ran across goal and was right in the line-of-sight for their keeper.

huckerby.png

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So many goals to choose from.

So the one for me has to be, GERRY MABBUTT'S KNEE at Wembley, it won us our first major trophy 🏆

Calista

I recall that Hutch scored a legendary solo effort in an away game (Highbury or the Baseball Ground?) not long after he joined us. Was anyone here lucky enough to witness it?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I recall that Hutch scored a legendary solo effort in an away game (Highbury or the Baseball Ground?) not long after he joined us. Was anyone here lucky enough to witness it?

Me. 😍 Highbury.

Tile Hill Phil

Garry Thompson - League Cup Semi Final - 1981 v West Ham at HR

We were 2-0 down, one being a Thompson own goal
Pulled it back to win 3-2 in the dying minutes
Thompson drilling it home to win, in front of the West End
Epic night, around 36,000 at the old ground

Yep that was a special night thought we were going to Wembley after that but we went to Upton Park and blew it

Wolves_SkyBlue

Garry Thompson - League Cup Semi Final - 1981 v West Ham at HR

We were 2-0 down, one being a Thompson own goal
Pulled it back to win 3-2 in the dying minutes
Thompson drilling it home to win, in front of the West End
Epic night, around 36,000 at the old ground

That was some night, as you say particularly sweet as Thompson had given away the own goal earlier- could have heard a pin drop in the West End then, absolute bedlam when he got the winner in the same net!

Wolves_SkyBlue

Saturday was brilliant and agree with posters above about the Huckerby goal versus Man U which was probably the best goal we have ever scored. However my favourite goals would still be Michael Gynn's equaliser in the Semi Final at Hillsborough and Brian Kilcline's crucial goal against Luton in a match we had to win to stay up. Both of these were the culmination of intense pressure and both were so important.
Loved the Stuart Linnel commentary to the Luton goal - agree it was so crucial and again West End went mental

Wolves_SkyBlue

Anyone remember the Steve Witton goal at the Hawthorns to give us, I think , a 2-1 win. It was the first time we’d beaten the Baggies in years as they regularly stuffed us? Cov end went wild that day.

NortonSkyBlue

Misty day in North London, Hutch was on fire at the clock end, we were on Some run since Hutch and Stein joined. Lost to Derby soon after to end the run.

Covkid1968#

Wright up there isn't it.

Definitely in the top 5.

I loved Regis' at Sheff Wed in the 87 cup run. That was fabulous. Plus obviously, Houchen' header in the final.

Plus Regis again when we beat Spurs 4-3. The Thompson goal as mentioned above.

Oh and Ernie Hunt scoring from the half way line against Burnley, way back.
One two off a crossbar anyone? ❤️❤️

Users who are viewing this thread