My latest ramblings (1 Viewer)

Bill Glazier

These are no ramblings - well done. The League has really torn its own rule book up, and you haven't even covered its failure to honour its own 'fit and proper' owners test. Why has SISU been treated with such leniency? What has Sisu got over the league that's made it so cowardly? Is it just a cover-up for failing to align player registrations with the golden share, or is it something worse?

If we still had proper sports journalists one of them would get to the bottom of this, but obviously blathering on endlessly about Gareth Bale's transfer is more important. Incidentally, probably less than 1/5th of his transfer fee would buy our club from these parasites. Football is becoming a stinking cesspit and I for one can't wait to see the whole rotten structure collapse, as it will.

Flying Fokker

Posted on another club's forum.
Just used Registered's list and sent them this, for all the good it will do:

As a long standing fan (45 years) of a lower League team (Walsall), I am writing to express my total disgust with the Football League for the way in which they have dealt with the situation at Coventry City, culminating in the spineless decision to dock them a paltry 10 points.

As I understand the position,

CCFC's share in the stadium (and revenue streams) was sold because they wanted to spend more money on players.
CCFC turned down an offer of a rent reduction should they be relegated to League One because they thought they were a Premier League club in waiting.
CCFC were taken over by new owners who had full knowledge of the rental agreement for the Ricoh.
The new owners unilaterally stopped paying rent, in clear breach of the terms of the tenancy.
The new owners unilaterally stopped paying for their Academy's training base, in clear breach of the terms of the tenancy.
The new owners finally agreed a rent reduction on the Ricoh and then the next day went back on it.
The new owners put the club in administration.
The new owners refused to sell the club to anyone but themselves.
The new owners refused a last-minute further rent reduction (of almost 90%) to stay at the Ricoh Arena.
Today, the Football League said they were frustrated at the lack of resolution because of the 'intransigence' shown. Shown by who? Well, the fact that the FL agreed that the golden share should be returned to the fraudulent owners, presumably not them! Unbelievable.

The penalty should be far more severe and these people should not be running a football club.

J

Jack Griffin

Posted on another club's forum.
Just used Registered's list and sent them this, for all the good it will do:

As a long standing fan (45 years) of a lower League team (Walsall), I am writing to express my total disgust with the Football League for the way in which they have dealt with the situation at Coventry City, culminating in the spineless decision to dock them a paltry 10 points.

As I understand the position,

CCFC's share in the stadium (and revenue streams) was sold because they wanted to spend more money on players.
CCFC turned down an offer of a rent reduction should they be relegated to League One because they thought they were a Premier League club in waiting.
CCFC were taken over by new owners who had full knowledge of the rental agreement for the Ricoh.
The new owners unilaterally stopped paying rent, in clear breach of the terms of the tenancy.
The new owners unilaterally stopped paying for their Academy's training base, in clear breach of the terms of the tenancy.
The new owners finally agreed a rent reduction on the Ricoh and then the next day went back on it.
The new owners put the club in administration.
The new owners refused to sell the club to anyone but themselves.
The new owners refused a last-minute further rent reduction (of almost 90%) to stay at the Ricoh Arena.
Today, the Football League said they were frustrated at the lack of resolution because of the 'intransigence' shown. Shown by who? Well, the fact that the FL agreed that the golden share should be returned to the fraudulent owners, presumably not them! Unbelievable.

The penalty should be far more severe and these people should not be running a football club.

No the club had no money & the incumbent directors (Geoffrey Robinson MP etc.) wanted to get a percentage of their loans paid up before selling the club or putting it into administration, otherwise pretty accurate.

dadgad

What chance does a trade have, when it's own governing body is corrupt to the core!

They will have to expect much closer scrutiny over this and all related issues.
The FL is weak but worse, is also culpable for not sticking to its own safeguards and guidelines.
If the expected trouble erupts at NTFC they will have to face up to their abject failings.

Karl87

Brilliant blog, well done. Have you sent this to the Football League? I've emailed them three times now and got a reply twice (I'm still waiting on my third reply, but then I only sent the message this morning) so at least they are getting back - even if they probably are just copy and paste jobs! It's good to keep piling the pressure on them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread