My Loyalty …. (1 Viewer)

My loyalty to Coventry City FC has never wavered.

Even on moving to Australia, I have never wanted or followed another football team, only the Sky Blues and that's for nearly 50 years. Except for one remarkable, fabulous, Heaven sent Saturday in May 1987 there hasn't been much to celebrate allowing for promotion in 1966-67 when I may have been a bit young. This club is in yet another relegation scrap and the loss to Leyton Orient, a "vanilla" club, a club with not much history apart from a single season in Division 1, I think is soul destroying.

CCFC has made it a tradition to lose to other clubs in the same relegation fight or games to clubs at the bottom of the table. Games City should have won, especially on our HOME pitch. Never thrashed but most times just lose by the odd goal. I won't bother with mentioning losses in the Cup competitions. I know hard core fans on this forum will slag me off as a nobody who lives outside Warwickshire but I am a life long fan of my home town football team but I would like to see the club where I think they belong! I would happily settle for City to be a playoff chasing club in the Championship. Coventry is NOT a League One club either football wise or place wise (we are a City!) - playing Yeovil & Crawley plus having derby games against Notts Co & Walsall!

I can't offer a solution to City's problems. I am too far removed for that. Ownership is a major problem and SiSu breeds an atmosphere of secrecy, litigation & hidden agendas. It's no secret that they want the Ricoh by intimidation ("plans" to build another stadium nearby or taking the club to Northampton - that was a winner!?). The club produces good Academy players who excel when they leave the club. SiSu must acknowledge that in football you have spend (some) money, to make money not make it in the Courts.

I want Coventry City to stay up, somehow obtain an owner/s who want the club to be successful and make progress, on the pitch & off, so the fans (even on the other side of this planet) can enjoy before taking this club & this city's place in the top 30 or so clubs of England.

My loyalty WILL never waver but my fondness for the club takes a battering.

wingy

Feel your pain Pal
But It was a classic smash nag grab tonight
Some extremely good fortune on their part
It really should have been 3-1
However the fortune went with them and we had the customary Individual error to cough up the points

Terry Gibson's perm

Feel your pain Pal
But It was a classic smash nag grab tonight
Some extremely good fortune on their part
It really should have been 3-1
However the fortune went with them and we had the customary Individual error to cough up the points

Wish it was I had that at 22-1

Gazolba

Unfortunately, when a poor run of form at home has continued on for as long as it has, it requires much more than excuses for a single result. I can't help but feel the opposition has watched the tapes of our previous home fixtures, have figured us out and know how to beat us. We are too predictable and I suppose we do not have the squad strength or versatiity to offer anything different. Maybe when Reda comes back? But we have been saying that all season. "When Reda comes back".

letsallsingtogether

Yes when Reda comes back we will have 55 minutes of better football.
It is when he goes of injured we will lose it

matesx

my loyalty to City sees me dragging my arse up there on a filthy wet windy Weds night followed by a 35 mie drive home.

thats loyalty

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread