My Rant! Don't Read If You Don't Want To - It's My Rant! (1 Viewer)

I do not live in Cov or even the UK - I did however but I right now I am not totally understanding of the club's current situation - other than we're fooked on so many different levels!

I left Cov many years ago but have maintained my support for the Sky Blues from their Golden Era of the 1960's & throughout my life to today. I'll admit that I cried the night we won the FA Cup although I was in the middle of a rockin 'Rugby Club in Sydney surrounded by drunks who believed they were watching England Rugby -v- Argentina!

For the most part, the Sky Blues have just fed my depressive personality, my supporting of a continually struggling team. I thought when we were relegated we might have some good seasons up near the Championship playoffs - but NO! Teams that were never sighted in the days of Division 1 went up.

Back to our yearly relegation struggles in the Championship just like the Premier League. I bought merchandise online form the Club shop to show my support & hoped I was supporting the clubs coffers. But the Club kept slipping away like someone with a terminal disease, getting worse each & every year.

Then relegation to League 1. The club appointed a Manager who was really a work experience bloke, promoted beyond his capabilities. Then there was a glimmer of HOPE. A manager who apparently who knew what he supposed to do but I was embarrassed that he jumped to a club who in all probability we may be playing in League 1 next season & they haven't won anything since Herbert Chapman in the 1920's.

We had three decent Cup runs with excitement building to a Northern final 1st Leg which we were murdered due to our poor home form. Now into administration with 7 games left of the season. Conspiracy theories abound regarding why do it now. Facts are few & far between from any of the parties involved & none are not inclined to be totally truthful about anything. Then we lose to Pompey, the division bottom club & seemingly our Club's older sibling, in the same boat. I still find it hard to to comprehend that we lost to Crewe 3 times out of 4, & Shrewsbury did the double over us!

Arguments were a plenty by those who hoped their glass was half full & those whose glass was half empty. Then there was SBT & GMK (I joined both to get the most inside info I could) but all they did was snipe at each other whilst supporting the same club. Then there is the ongoing McSheffrey debate. "He's must play cos he's a Cov kid" but his skills have drained away faster than emptying a bath & he's a passenger on the wing.

SiSU wake up, there's no money in running a football club these days UNLESS they are a Premier League side or have just been relegated from the PL.
Council - do you want to be known as the group who killed the best football on offer in your City & are supposed to represent constituents who I'll bet some support the Sky Blues. Petition your local Councillor to find out what they want with the carcass of CCFC & the Ricoh.

Right now, it's all Fooked. CCFC are my last tie I have with the City of my birth & I don't know what I'll do if they are doomed to destruction. I can't & won't support another English club, I just couldn't bring myself to do such a traitorous thing.

SiSU, ACL, Coventry Shitty Council, Sky Blue Trust & average supporter: bottom line - DO YOU WANT A CLUB PLAYING IN THE NINTH BIGGEST CITY IN ENGLAND OR NOT?
Are you ready then for the embarrassment of seeing this City off the national stage?

This has been my rant & I'm angry but glad I've got it off my chest.

Long live MY Sky Blues!!!!

Last edited:

Paxman II

G'day mate!

Good rant but we are not in admin. The little side show company that has no assets was placed in admin not CCFC Holdings which is the one that is not in court on Tuesday.

BrisbaneBronco

G'day mate!

Good rant but we are not in admin. The little side show company that has no assets was placed in admin not CCFC Holdings which is the one that is not in court on Tuesday.

But if the little side show company turns out to be the one holding the golden share then we are indeed in admin.

Nonleagueherewecome

Good rant. Well ranted, sir!

Covstu

you can rant on here as much as you want bud, lets face it Southampton tried the same thing with a subsidiary club and that didn't wash so I cannot see why we would be any different so expect the worst on that front. Unfortunately this saga will drag on and on for a while which is the annoying part, I only have sympathy for Portsmouth fans for putting up with it for over a year so hopefully our situation wont be even close to that duration.

G'day Cobbers!

Tell me if this movie quote fits CCFC situation:-

"The first casualty of an (admin) war is truth." No one's sound bites can be trusted & SiSU are masters of smoke & mirrors. This was my rant & once I had got it out of my system, I felt a heap better. Admin, schadmin! Potato, potarto.

Get Ranted!

P.S. BrisbaneBronco! your namesakes could not score a single point yesterday against the Chooks!

Users who are viewing this thread