My team for always (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

As you will know, I have been a Cov. supporter since 1958/59 season. I will always watch the results, but I now have lost interest. I do not have a Coventry team. How can anybody support a team that plays in another area. Today, at 3:30 I asked my mate what the score was, ( I was in my local club) 1-0 down he told me. Just found out via the internet we drew 2-2. In the past as I live a long way away, I would follow every second of every match, now I have lost interest. I will always love my beloved team, but only if we play in Coventry.

skybluericoh

I was tiding up the garden all afternoon, forgot we were playing. Only realised at 5 to 5 when I wen to pick my lad up and C&W was on the radio. Sounded like at an exciting come back, but lost a lot of interest now. Only thing I think will get me back is in cov, playing to the chance of something other than avoiding going down or mid table mediocrity. Oh, and owners who involve the fans.

RFC

As you will know, I have been a Cov. supporter since 1958/59 season. I will always watch the results, but I now have lost interest. I do not have a Coventry team. How can anybody support a team that plays in another area. Today, at 3:30 I asked my mate what the score was, ( I was in my local club) 1-0 down he told me. Just found out via the internet we drew 2-2. In the past as I live a long way away, I would follow every second of every match, now I have lost interest. I will always love my beloved team, but only if we play in Coventry.

Your loss my friend, not mine PUSB!

georgehudson

i posted a 'like' alan, though it seems a contradiction,
i am fully empathic with our situation, which is that tens of thousands of Coventry City fans have been ritually abused,
i fully agree with you, & i hate the way, we, have, & are being treated,
if we take it to it's illogical extreme, then, i feel we ought to petition against our 'human rights',
i too was at a local establishment & listening to the game, but watched & observed, as dozens of former avid fans meekly inquired as to the score,
GIVE THE FANS THEIR CLUB BACK

letsallsingtogether

Yes I was in the pub today never knew the score until I got back in the car it was 1-2 then got home thought I would listen to the phone in only to find out we had drawn.

Missed the goals and never even battered an eyelid.

I used to rush back to the car when at the Ricoh to hear the goal on CWR now don't really care:mad: my wife has even commented that I have lost interest and forget about them but something at he back of my mind keeps saying it can't get worse.......

Not so sure any more.

Travs

Some right drama queens today.

If fans didn't stick with their team through times like these, there would be no Wimbledon, Brighton, Grimsby, Rotherham, to name a few.

ccfcway

Some right drama queens today.

If fans didn't stick with their team through times like these, there would be no Wimbledon, Brighton, Grimsby, Rotherham, to name a few.

Wimbledon - there is two of them now, one resides in Milton Keynes

I am sure other can fill in the rest. I dont believe there is a situation similar to ours

skybluejelly

Yes I was in the pub today never knew the score until I got back in the car it was 1-2 then got home thought I would listen to the phone in only to find out we had drawn.

Missed the goals and never even battered an eyelid.

I used to rush back to the car when at the Ricoh to hear the goal on CWR now don't really care:mad: my wife has even commented that I have lost interest and forget about them but something at he back of my mind keeps saying it can't get worse.......

Not so sure any more.

are you sure shes on about the football :D

stupot07

Nah, you just need to invest in a smartphone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Paxman II

It's not easy and there must be many fans feeling the same as the OP.
Once the excitement went and the playoffs became unlikely, I guess even more started feeling disenfranchised too.

I feel it too but while CCFC still exist, be it playing in a temporary home, I won't renounce support just yet. :)

bigfatronssba

Your loss my friend, not mine PUSB!

Its your loss rfc.

Without the thousands of fans who have now lost interest the club has no future. It simply cannot survive long term with just 1500 paying fans.

What will you do to fill your time once the club disappears?

Matty_CCFC

I don't even live in Coventry but I agree, if not in Coventry its not Coventry City.

Sterling Archer

I always read these threads and take everything they say on board as a literal meaning.

I get very worried that the members of this forum are committing suicide over our current plight if I don't see 3 identi-threads like this every day.

ccfcway

The only people losing out are the people not watching their team play football. :(

and the local pubs, shops, transport etc ?

There must be millions no longer spent in Coventry as a result of CCFC no longer playing there.

Users who are viewing this thread