Name theft in progress. (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

:slap:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/October/International-previews
MCFC describing themselves as the Sky Blues (again).

Is this pissing anyone else off.
I'm used to it from ill informed foreign sites and glory grabbing arm chair fans but now they're actually calling it themselves.

We need to put a stop to this.

Good spot withnail. Yes it makes me pissed off. So come on Timmy and JS get the litigation going!
O wait one moment, MCFC aren't a charity. They also have bigger balls and brains. Guess were screwed then withnail.:slap:

mds

They have played in sky blue from way before we did,
(Edit This is wrong, another blonde moment! God knows how, i do know better. Corrected by withnail in post below.)

i would guess they may have been called the skyblues from way before we were also.
But as City fan (Coventry) to me the term is only relevant to us.

Last edited:

AucklandSkyBlue

I reckon it's just journalistic/commentator laziness. Anyone with an ounce of football history knows that our official nickname is the Sky Blues and they're the Citizens. As long as you don't look back too far - I think we were the Bantams or the Peeping Toms before Jimmy Hill rebranded the Club in the mid-60s! Anyway, in my view they are light Blue, we're Sky Blue - subtle difference in the shading!

Gint11

It really irritates me to be fair. All the sticker albums I had as a kid there was no mention of it then. They were Citizens or Blues or even 'blue moon' had a mention, no Sky Blues so why now!

RoboCCFC90

This is a disgrace.

SkyBlueHomer

Maybe we can use this to our advantage, we send someone to Spain.
Tell Messi & Ronaldo we are from the 'Sky Blues' and before they know it they are playing at Sixfields, suckers.

jesus-wept

You do know that us playing in Sky Blue was the result in an error by the then kit manufacturer and the term "the Sky Blues" was coined by local sports journo Derek Henderson, known then as Nemo and not Jimmy Hill.

C

cw36

Yeah so they should be with all that money. Bet they will never win the Champions League though. They are ruining football.

bigfatronssba

You do know that us playing in Sky Blue was the result in an error by the then kit manufacturer and the term "the Sky Blues" was coined by local sports journo Derek Henderson, known then as Nemo and not Jimmy Hill.

What about the 1889 version?

skyblueinBaku

No, I didn't know that. What colour was the kit supposed to be?

SkyblueBazza

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/October/International-previews
MCFC describing themselves as the Sky Blues (again).

Is this pissing anyone else off.
I'm used to it from ill informed foreign sites and glory grabbing arm chair fans but now they're actually calling it themselves.

We need to put a stop to this.

Yes it's something I noticed a while back. I think Stuart Hall on R5 Sports Report was the first time about 3-4yrs ago - & yes it struck a nerve.

As for putting a stop to it, I don't see how you can - it will over time gain momentum the longer we are away from the Premiership & all the publicity that goes with it...what do you propose?

withnail

As for putting a stop to it, I don't see how you can - it will over time gain momentum the longer we are away from the Premiership & all the publicity that goes with it...what do you propose?

I propose a Pearl Harbour style surprise attack on Greater Manchester, obviously there'll be some collateral damage to the red side of the city but I'm not sure I care.

Sba180

anyone who adds the word 'proper' where it shouldn't be isn't worth listening to.

i do agree that Manchester City are the Citizens though and NOT the Sky Blues

friendly_canary

My team Norwich have got Man City away on saturday....

We'll probably get absolutely hammered to the point of it being abuse if we beat them we'll take the SKY BLUE tag back (Y)

Users who are viewing this thread