Nathan Oduwa to sign? (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

Tottenham want young attacker Nathan Oduwa to go out on loan following talks over a new contract at the club, Sky sources understand.
The 19-year-old attacker has impressed head coach Mauricio Pochettino this summer and Spurs are keen for him to continue his development playing regular first-team football elsewhere.
Sources understand a number of teams from the Dutch Eredivisie have expressed an interest in taking the winger including AZ Alkmaar, Roda JC and Feyenoord.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton and Coventry boss Tony Mowbray, who both have strong relationships with Tottenham, have also expressed a desire to take Oduwa for a portion of next season and the player is hoping to play at the highest level he can.
Pochettino has identified Alex Pritchard, Harry Winks, Josh Onomah and Oduwa as the next wave of players who could make the first team, and Tottenham have been working to tie them all to new contracts.

With mowbray yesterday saying he was waiting for players and there clubs more then our end like people signing long term contracts, could this be who he was talking about ..

i dont know much about him, peoples thoughts?

ccfclinney

We're only competing with Feyenoord! 

I know haha! TM quotes were intresting regarding players wanting to come but need to sign new contracts with there new club though and openly looking for a winger?

Defiantly cant see him being a regular in a top dutch team though ?

AFCCOVENTRY

From what is out there, we are signing a permanent winger and loan striker this week. So rules this kid out.

FRY-CCFC

Mowbray did sound confident of us getting the winger in as well. Hope we do sign him.

Basing that on nothing, he could be shite, I just like it when we sign people

Astute

He might want to stay in England because of his age. About a 2 hour drive from Coventry to Tottenham.

ccfclinney

He might want to stay in England because of his age. About a 2 hour drive from Coventry to Tottenham.

Yeah very possible and grant ward doing well here last season .. Also the relationship we have seemed to have built with Tottenham over the summer.. I suppose time will tell

Terry Gibson's perm

They may want to keep him in England to keep the same style of football.

edgy

The article says Spuds want him to play regular first team football. Id say we're number one choice out of that list of interested teams.

CovisGod

I would say this was nailed on isn't it ? Reports are saying he can go out on loan when he's signed a new contract, Mowbray said the other day he was looking at a player but his parent club won't let him go till he's signed a new contract. He was also at the Spurs reserves game. All very coincidental

Hobo

See our link with Spurs is paying dividends.

Nobody said we had links with them, TM just said he had discussions with them and other teams. But as usual on here people get ahead of themselves.

shy_tall_knight

Tony Mowbray has developed an ongoing relationship with Tottenham Hotspur which he hopes will see the Sky Blues tap into a number of the Premier League club’s brightest young talents.
Spurs, of course, are one of the clubs who have been closely monitoring Academy star James Maddison’s progress but the City boss stressed it was not a ‘feeder’ understanding, rather a way of both clubs gaining mutual benefit from good Tottenham players getting competitive first team football at the Ricoh Arena.
“I had a three-hour meeting with one football club about their young players and building relationships,” said Mowbray, who is still hoping to secure midfielder Grant Ward on loan after his outstanding spell last season.

Users who are viewing this thread