Neil Warnock Interview, Mirrors our club too (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

Neil Warnock interviewed after their home defeat to Derby just made me think this is our club too. He said of his players that they aren't the type of players you expect to be playing for a proud club like Leeds United and there are a few sitting in that dressing room who know they ain't going to be here next season. I fear this is exactly what we have at Cov. Clingan will move on, Cranie will move on, maybe Keogh, Platt surely on borrowed time, two loanees, Deegan could be moved on, Bell ? Richard Wood he seems to have the longest knee injury ever. Now he apperantly needs an op. How long does it take to realise that ?

I have witnessed many a relegation scrap and players like Richard Shaw, Paul Williams, Oggy, Dion even the much maligned Paul Telfer you knew would at the very least give their all at all times. The Cup Final squad all battlers, Jimmy Hills promotion team would have given blood for the cause, were team mates for years and you see that when they have these reunions. No-one got tired, played more games and on glue pot pitches. Two games a week was the norm.

I wonder in 20 years time how many of this present squad will turn up for a reunion.

Puck

Neil Warnock interviewed after their home defeat to Derby just made me think this is our club too. He said of his players that they aren't the type of players you expect to be playing for a proud club like Leeds United and there are a few sitting in that dressing room who know they ain't going to be here next season. I fear this is exactly what we have at Cov. Clingan will move on, Cranie will move on, maybe Keogh, Platt surely on borrowed time, two loanees, Deegan could be moved on, Bell ? Richard Wood he seems to have the longest knee injury ever. Now he apperantly needs an op. How long does it take to realise that ?

I have witnessed many a relegation scrap and players like Richard Shaw, Paul Williams, Oggy, Dion even the much maligned Paul Telfer you knew would at the very least give their all at all times. The Cup Final squad all battlers, Jimmy Hills promotion team would have given blood for the cause, were team mates for years and you see that when they have these reunions. No-one got tired, played more games and on glue pot pitches. Two games a week was the norm.

I wonder in 20 years time how many of this present squad will turn up for a reunion.

Dylan said "Times they are a changing"
Well they changed a good while back for the game I love with the advent of Sky and the Prem.
Too late to turn back the clock now.

AFCCOVENTRY

Players that give a shit at our club are obvious....

Keogh
Norwood

Won't count the youth. But the rest you have to wonder...

Otis

I have said it before and I will say it again, David Bell is exactly the sort of player we don't want at this club.

He's like Freddie Eastwood in a different guise. Bags of ability but the end product is just not acceptable. He is a passenger at times. One good performance in every 5 games. That is just no good to us at all.

One of the roots of our problems on the playing side of things is players that simply are not consistent enough. With the likes of Keogh and Cranie and Clarke you get reasonably consistent performances each game, with Bell it is one good performance in 5.

We have to get rid.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think the majority of clubs will experience this at some point. Your never gonna have every player being happy, and your'll always have wasters on your books.

Problem with our club is the players seem to dislike a disciplinarian. Marcus Hall was quite opinionated (and spoke intelligently do that isn't a criticism) on how Andy Thorn appears too Nicey-nicey with the players. Isn't this a contrast to how Ady Boothroyd (allegedly) was? Players (allegedly) deemed him too strict and got him the sack as they weren't performing, but it seems we've gone from one extreme to another.

Then you have spoilt players, like our (so-called) captain Sammy Clingan. He must think he can just walk straight into the team when he's available! Which is annoying! I know we're short on numbers but he's an example of the type of player Warnock refers to Leeds as having - players who not interested in the club and the sooner their off the books, the better!

Users who are viewing this thread