New David Conn article (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I know one thing - I wouldn't say I enjoyed a game of franchised rugby better than the team I support . There is no election is there, 99% of members don't care and now we know why. The "board" are more interesting in promoting London rugby teams at the Ricoh.

Its pathetic. You couldn't make it up.
Sisu out at any cost by the look of it.

Whenever anybody says anything they get the "why don't you do it" reply.

Steve.B50

So a senior member of the trust enjoyed himself more watching a team ripped from its natural home more than the team he represents as board member on the main fans supporters group.

A seriously gobsmacking statement.

Well I went with my wife and two mates and can also say the same, so there you go you can be double gobsmacked.
tickets bought via your company for £14, money well spent.
Where will I be Boxing Day, driving up from Cambridge to Doncaster to support my team, we might be poor but still my football team. Unlike you Grendel, I do not hide behind this keyboard, am not perfect never ever said I was. Have done a few things I regret, re tweeted a few tweets I should have thought about first, worded the odd email wrongly but generally I class myself as genuine honest Christian, while you are just ,,, well I will leave that to use words I do not like.

bigfatronssba

Spot on article. No good blaming others when sisu repeatedly turned down the opportunity to own the Ricoh. They are to blame, and now they must tell us what they are going to do to sort out the mess they've created.

As for enjoying the Wasps game, from what I hear it was a good game with a good atmosphere. To pretend it wasn't purely because "we don't like wasps" is childish beyond belief.

A lot of intelligent posters are making themselves look very foolish when it comes to wasps.

torchomatic

Grendel

Spot on article. No good blaming others when sisu repeatedly turned down the opportunity to own the Ricoh. They are to blame, and now they must tell us what they are going to do to sort out the mess they've created.

As for enjoying the Wasps game, from what I hear it was a good game with a good atmosphere. To pretend it wasn't purely because "we don't like wasps" is childish beyond belief.

A lot of intelligent posters are making themselves look very foolish when it comes to wasps.

Oh look a couple of PMs from his chums and here comes the cavalry

Senior Vick from Alicante

"Fantastic sporting occasion" apparently. Wouldn't go to Sixfields but happy to see a London Franchise stitch up the football club. Still, it's obvious, judging from his comments and those of Steve and CJ the Trust are on side with Wasps and Eastwood now. I wonder how long it will be before he bleats "yeah, but they didn't have a home..."

They still ask for money for their "fighting fund" too on the website. I wonder why, they're not fighting anyone. And they're not fighting for the fans of CCFC.

Sorry Torch but that's BOLLOCKS! The only people to have stitched up our football club are the owners, if the shoe was on the other foot and SISU had got a stadium in Coventry the same way we would all be slapping them on the back. The only thing here that is wrong is that neither CCC or the Higgs have said why they sold to Wasps and the fact that Wasps were allowed to relocate to Coventry by their governing bodies.

Nick

Administrator

Do you mean jan?

bigfatronssba

Oh look a couple of PMs from his chums and here comes the cavalry

Apologies for my lateness, some of us have work to do.

torchomatic

bigfatronssba

Do you mean jan?

No I mean people so blinded with hate and bitterness, that if someone attended a good sporting event they are expected to lie and say it was crap.

Seriously, its like something out of a primary school playground.

Nick

Administrator
Well I went with my wife and two mates and can also say the same, so there you go you can be double gobsmacked.
tickets bought via your company for £14, money well spent.
Where will I be Boxing Day, driving up from Cambridge to Doncaster to support my team, we might be poor but still my football team. Unlike you Grendel, I do not hide behind this keyboard, am not perfect never ever said I was. Have done a few things I regret, re tweeted a few tweets I should have thought about first, worded the odd email wrongly but generally I class myself as genuine honest Christian, while you are just ,,, well I will leave that to use words I do not like.

I'm not too sure what your religion has to do with anything? What do you think of jans comments calling people sad and selfish? You have already said you don't care where wasps came from.

I don't think people are having a go at anybody just for going to the wasps game, it is just how people can come on and say fuck the wasps fans I'm going to go and have a laugh with my mates and then start calling others selfish.

Can you not see that?

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
No I mean people so blinded with hate and bitterness, that if someone attended a good sporting event they are expected to lie and say it was crap.

Seriously, its like something out of a primary school playground.
Where has anybody said that people should lie? Where have I said it was a rubbish event?

It seems the only people blinded with hate are the fellas at the trust, for sisu.

bigfatronssba

Where has anybody said that people should lie? Where have I said it was a rubbish event?

It seems the only people blinded with hate are the fellas at the trust, for sisu.

Complaints on here about trust members saying the wasps game was more enjoyable than Fleetwood. I've had more exciting trips to the opticians than Saturdays game, so unless they are expected to lie wasps was obviously more exciting.

As for the fellas at the trust being blinded with hate for sisu, I would expect them to be. After all we all hate sisu don't we?

Nick

Administrator
Complaints on here about trust members saying the wasps game was more enjoyable than Fleetwood. I've had more exciting trips to the opticians than Saturdays game, so unless they are expected to lie wasps was obviously more exciting.

As for the fellas at the trust being blinded with hate for sisu, I would expect them to be. After all we all hate sisu don't we?

Not that one, the selfish and sad one...

No, I don't expect the trust to be blinded by anything. I expect them to be balanced and professional.

bigfatronssba

Makes perfect sensE, if you say anything about the trust it means you should run them.

Same logic as when a trust member offers his personal opinion that is automatically taken as trust official policy.

hill83

Same logic as when a trust member offers his personal opinion that is automatically taken as trust official policy.

_45184330_alanpartridge_203.jpg

Nice.

bigfatronssba

Not that one, the selfish and sad one...

No, I don't expect the trust to be blinded by anything. I expect them to be balanced and professional.

So in the interests of balance and professionalism, you have no issue with the trust praising Wasps when they do something good/right?

Nick

Administrator
So in the interests of balance and professionalism, you have no issue with the trust praising Wasps when they do something good/right?
Yes if related to ccfc, the same as the bad. For all sides.

So if wasps come out and offer an amazing rental deal with all the trimmings.praise them, equally if they are bad, slate them. Same with sisu and ccc.

What did you think about jans selfish post? Aimed at trust members.

Alan Dugdale

We are where we are. Franchising in rugby does not have the same resonance as in football where the connections within communities are more ingrained. That has particularly been the case since rugby adopted professionalism, with there being numerous franchise moves and attempted moves (inculding CRFC trying to take over Bedford and take their place in the top league). It appears that most Wasps fans have accepted the reasons for the move to Cov and have bought into it, that was not the case with our fans and our hiatus in Northampton, and wouldn't be either if the club were moved to Suffolk/Dublin etc in future. Comparing the two is understandable but misleading. It is ironic that those shouting loudest about franchise this and that seem to be those that were among the minority of our fans that went to Northampton, and refused to criticise SISU for taking us there.

Anyhow the fact is Wasps are here now, and bitching about it on here isn't going to change that fact. Bitching about Trust members going to watch them is futile too, and is almost as pointless as slagging them off if they had gone to see Bruce Springsteen when he played at the Ricoh. If we accept the unlikelihood of SISU building a new stadium, then the Trust encouraging SISU to negotiate in good faith with Wasps in order to get the best possible rental deal for the club would seem to be a sensible route for the Trust to follow. Like most of their members presumably, the Trust leadership place much of the blame for where we are at on SISU, and as they still own the club, it is understandable they will continue to be criticised for bringing us to this point through their mismanagement in the hope they take a less confrontational approach in dealing with Wasps than they did with ACL & Higgs, and negotiate a better rental deal.

For those of you that are criticising the Trust leadership, what exactly do you want them to do which would benefit CCFC? Do you think them taking an anti Wasps stance will help CCFC, and if so how?

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd like to hear Jan compare it to the Gillingham game as that would of course be a fair one since they are similar occasions. I'd also like to hear what he thinks about Wasps permanently relocating when he opposed Northampton so vigorously.

Don't ask those questions though Conn, it'll rock the boat with Woody.

Nick

Administrator
We are where we are. Franchising in rugby does not have the same resonance as in football where the connections within communities are more ingrained. That has particularly been the case since rugby adopted professionalism, with there being numerous franchise moves and attempted moves (inculding CRFC trying to take over Bedford and take their place in the top league). It appears that most Wasps fans have accepted the reasons for the move to Cov and have bought into it, that was not the case with our fans and our hiatus in Northampton, and wouldn't be either if the club were moved to Suffolk/Dublin etc in future. Comparing the two is understandable but misleading. It is ironic that those shouting loudest about franchise this and that seem to be those that were among the minority of our fans that went to Northampton, and refused to criticise SISU for taking us there.

Anyhow the fact is Wasps are here now, and bitching about it on here isn't going to change that fact. Bitching about Trust members going to watch them is futile too, and is almost as pointless as slagging them off if they had gone to see Bruce Springsteen when he played at the Ricoh. If we accept the unlikelihood of SISU building a new stadium, then the Trust encouraging SISU to negotiate in good faith with Wasps in order to get the best possible rental deal for the club would seem to be a sensible route for the Trust to follow. Like most of their members presumably, the Trust leadership place much of the blame for where we are at on SISU, and as they still own the club, it is understandable they will continue to be criticised for bringing us to this point through their mismanagement in the hope they take a less confrontational approach in dealing with Wasps than they did with ACL & Higgs, and negotiate a better rental deal.

For those of you that are criticising the Trust leadership, what exactly do you want them to do which would benefit CCFC? Do you think them taking an anti Wasps stance will help CCFC, and if so how?

Did you miss the irony in jans posts? That is the issue, not the fact people go to watch.

Id want them to take a "nothing to us" approach rather then bigging them up, saying fuck their fans, then calling other city fans selfish and sad. By nothing to us I mean neither pro or anti.

The springsteen concert is nothing like it to be fair. Jan is on here saying it is fine that wasps move here as they have a bigger fan base here. Also who cares about their fans.

This comes months after he was begging other fans to back our plight.

westendboy

agreed, but again i dont think they have it in them. they seem to be more than happy to sit behind a key board picking faults with others who are prepared to put the work in, what a sad bunch of supporters we have!

Brighton Sky Blue

Alan Dugdale: I would like the Trust to give the club the same leniency it affords an imported franchise.

bigfatronssba

Yes if related to ccfc, the same as the bad. For all sides.

So if wasps come out and offer an amazing rental deal with all the trimmings.praise them, equally if they are bad, slate them. Same with sisu and ccc.

What did you think about jans selfish post? Aimed at trust members.

So what is your issue with the trusts handling of Wasps?

Are you on about the post where he claims that those who have no issue with CCFC relocating to Nuneaton are selfish? If so I don't necessarily agree with that, I just think fans who are outraged for the Wasps London based supporters, but then don't give a shit about NTFC fans are hypocritical.

Users who are viewing this thread