New forward Pressley keeps saying he is looking for (1 Viewer)

mcm sky blue

After the weekends game and the reports from those who went it seems we lacked any real danger up top. Just thinking of strikers who could make a big difference in this league and one player who is not player at the min is Luciano Becchio of Norwich.

Leeds reportedly turned him down for a return as he is disparate to play after sitting on the bench. Now at the age of 30 surly this is worth a try, would be a real danger in this league. Can hold the ball up and link play, also averages 15 goals a season. Maybe a loan move would be more realistic but this is the kind of player we need in this league.

ConnorDevine

no idea why norwich bought him he was average for leeds in both league 1 and the championship, never any better than what they had

Hobo

We were heavily linked with Higdon. Pressley denied any interest. Yet when signed by Sheffield United it was reported he had already knocked back several league 1 clubs, were we one of them?

No club publicises failed targets.

The constraints at Coventry are severe, we have fallen a long way ungracefully in recent years.

I think several recent managers have been judged on parameters that haven't reflected the restraints.

junglej13

To be honest he would have suitors in the Championship. Some people speculated that we were in for him in January when Pressley said we after a Premier League striker on loan... but I believe it was Aaron Wilbraham. Pressley implied last week it was someone who had possibly just become available. It seems Pressley often looks at fringe players from the Championship. A wild guess but possibly Uche Ikpeazu from Watford. Big, fast and did OK at Crewe last season.

mcm sky blue

Not really sure what Presley is expecting. I mean trying to get free transfers that's fine but to get someone of real quality that will make a difference you need to spend. I know it's not pressley's fault but really has shown how far we have declined.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He'd be a decent target man, we would still lack pace though which needs to be addressed. He must be on at least 15k+ at Norwich easily anyway.

skybluedan

Yeah we need one or two new forwards,just don't think the three we have are enough to keep us in the league and if we don't get at least one well........

Just think we desperately just need someone tall enough to aim for in the box,so we can start bullying the opposition when attacking,also we need someone to aim for when we do need to clear our lines,so we can try and thump it to him when we are not able to pass our way out,so we at least have a chance of keeping the ball, let's just hope we get one in this week as well as another CB so we are more secure and will have a better chance of scoring goals, in Steven we trust !!! #PUSB !!!

RFC

Not really sure what Presley is expecting. I mean trying to get free transfers that's fine but to get someone of real quality that will make a difference you need to spend. I know it's not pressley's fault but really has shown how far we have declined.

I completely agree. Just take Norwich for instance last season signed Ricky Van Wolfswinkel for a mere £8 MILLION and he scored just ONE very, very expensive goal!

Get real, spending money works sometimes but not always!

Kingokings204

I completely agree. Just take Norwich for instance last season signed Ricky Van Wolfswinkel for a mere £8 MILLION and he scored just ONE very, very expensive goal!

True but the poster did have a fair point. You get what you pay for in life and football is no different.

shmmeee

I'd be less worried about how much we were spending if we had a decent transfer record over the last season or so that Pressley's been here. Then again, maybe that's a good case for keeping to frees and short contracts.

RFC

True but the poster did have a fair point. You get what you pay for in life and football is no different.

But on many occasions you pay little or nothing for it.

Looking at football finance today and where the money goes is frightening, little or no sustainable long term future due to Sky/Murdoch - Agents - Bosman - Sepp Blatter & aledeged corruption. Happy days?

Kingokings204

But on many occasions you pay little or nothing for it.

Looking at football finance today and where the money goes is frightening, little or no sustainable long term future due to Sky/Murdoch - Agents - Bosman - Sepp Blatter & aledeged corruption. Happy days?

Yes football is not the same these days and many and many fall out of love with the game.

Your example of rvw was a good one as 8m for 1 goal but he did play for an incredibly negative team (played for a draw at Stamford bridge when they had to win to stay up) I will never forget that. And also 8m was way over the odds for an average player at best.

I don't actually think we have a bad first team it's the second 11 that worries me. Injuries and suspensions are inevitable and we need 1 cb, cm and cf, 3 good players and a Ricoh return and it could all change.

If I was to pick one it would be a towering dominant cm. we need a big powerhouse in the middle who fights can get the odd goal and be box to box so fit. Thomas is beyond useless so address this as I really like o brien. He is my new fav player.

Got to be some out there just worrying sp reckons we only need a cb and a cf. Is rather sacrifice one of those for a cm.

Personally I didn't see much wrong with David Prutton. Played well for us last season. Vital experience. He is a winner. Tackler, does the dirty donkey work. We could afford him. Don't see him as a bad signing.

mcm sky blue

So buying players is a mistake in your eyes as it never works out? Funny how other clubs buy players to improve and don't seem to have a problem.

The lad from Norwich yea dint really work out but I'm sure they had a striker who they bought once that did. Holt ring a bell, just an extra bit of quality needed who you just can't get for free.

robbiethemole

Sky Blues have a bid turned down for 6'4" striker Michael Smith by Swindon. Two Champioship clubs are also interested in this guy, so maybe we know who'll get him!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

Pressley dismissed this in the telegraph, out of our price range in transfer fee.

That is anything more than free then in fact knowing our owners they will ask Swindon to pay them for taking him.

Terry Gibson's perm

New striker found standing outside the site for the new ground they had given him the wrong address.

Terry Gibson's perm

Pressley said they will pay a fee for players but Swindons valuation is too high.

Easy to say as they can make sure they never bid enough and then if they by some mistake ever get the bid accepted he will fail the medical not agree terms. This lot do not pay transfer fees without a real push.

Users who are viewing this thread