New Labour Leader (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Grendel

True will out old boy

Amusing really as Tony the doomsayer of Tory austerity cuts voted more for them in the last few years than I ever have

David O'Day

Fair play to Starmer, he's not given Wed Streeting, Stella Creasey or Jess Phillips a shadow cabinet role as yet. 3 utter twats
Yeah it looks a strong shadow cabinet, not burton Gardiner etc and none of streeting, creasy or Phillip's. Jess has had an awful 5 months

Grendel

shmmeee

He needs to get his answers quickly on Brexit and ensure he doesn’t start muttering well may return to the Eu or he’s dead in the water

I doubt anyone other than wingnuts like yourself will give a shit about Brexit in four years TBH. Back to the preserve of pub racists.

Grendel

Why do you call him that? Weak and nerdy maybe but I’ve never seen anyone suggest he’s stupid.

I don’t really - Tony was just annoying me with his road to Damascus transformation
and was trying to get him to bite.

he seemed to struggle eating a bacon sandwich and was maligned for that which I always found odd

Election 2015

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah it looks a strong shadow cabinet, not burton Gardiner etc and none of streeting, creasy or Phillip's. Jess has had an awful 5 months
I think she was rash in going for the leadership - she clearly hasn't got enough years in Parliament under her belt to do that. But i hope it's not because people don't like the way she comes across - gobby Brummy women deserve as much of a chance as anyone. Although sometimes i think she might be better suited to HIGNFY than HoC.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why do you call him that? Weak and nerdy maybe but I’ve never seen anyone suggest he’s stupid.

I agree. Since he left the top job he's come across well when I've seen him. More relaxed and at ease.

Plus how are you feeling and have you called the doctor/111?

NorthernWisdom

I think she was rash in going for the leadership - she clearly hasn't got enough years in Parliament under her belt to do that. But i hope it's not because people don't like the way she comes across - gobby Brummy women deserve as much of a chance as anyone. Although sometimes i think she might be better suited to HIGNFY than HoC.
She's been an MP as long as the new leader and deputy.

Tbf being on HIGNFY didn't stop Johnson...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

She's been an MP as long as the new leader and deputy.

Tbf being on HIGNFY didn't stop Johnson...

HIGNFY can be good for public profile if you come across well or are at least memorable like Johnson and JRM have been on the program and afterwards become much more prominent in the party.

One seemingly to avoid is Last Leg. Political graveyard. Clegg, Miliband, Corbyn, Soubry. And Jess Phillips has been on that.

shmmeee

I agree. Since he left the top job he's come across well when I've seen him. More relaxed and at ease.

Plus how are you feeling and have you called the doctor/111?

Much better TBH. Not having coughing fits and chest isn’t tight, cough more productive now. Did try to get hold of my old GP but couldn’t get past the automated system as I didn’t know the phone number registered! I’ll be honest was going to call 111 but now I can breathe freely it seemed a bit silly just for a cough.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Much better TBH. Not having coughing fits and chest isn’t tight, cough more productive now. Did try to get hold of my old GP but couldn’t get past the automated system as I didn’t know the phone number registered! I’ll be honest was going to call 111 but now I can breathe freely it seemed a bit silly just for a cough.

Well that's good news, all be it on a very small scale. Keep an eye on it and don't just convince yourself it's easing off if it isn't. Take care.

Ian1779

I don’t like her because she’s a hypocrite... her gender and place of birth are immaterial.

chiefdave

Thought this is probably better in here than derailing the coronavirus thread again.

The full report is online, lot of it at 800 pages.
https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/93060879_3535742979774800_3317814660807262208_n.pdf/200329-Labour-Report-Final.pdf?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=0cab14&_nc_ohc=ITM7LE_kchEAX-qXFCC&_nc_ht=cdn.fbsbx.com&oh=27a72d103ed243d91fbb285a2836fe8e&oe=5E94A60C&dl=1…

Quick look through and there's some incredible stuff in there, can't really see it being an option for Starmer to just ignore this.

There's messages from the Whats App group taking about shooting Labour left wingers and hoping they die in fires. Describes a secret team put in place and funding being diverted to them, away from marginals, to fund campaigning for candidates on the right of the party.

Also seems it didn't start with Corbyn, even Miliband and the 2015 manifesto are labelled as too left wing!

clint van damme

Just flicking through but absolutely damning.
Blaitites actually destroying evidence in antisemitism complaint cases in order to hinder investigations and make the party look poor at dealing with them.

They really care about antisemitism don't they?
What I don't understand is if you think Miliband or Burnham are too left wing why don't you just join the Tories?

W

westcountry_skyblue

Nice to see Naz Shah in the shadow cabinet after her views on the grooming gangs.Do they ever learn??

Grendel

Grendel

I have noticed this. What have you done to him? He normally likes all the attention on him but he’s mad for following you around

Ive replies to I’d guess less than twenty of his posts in the last year - great try though - I occasionally do it when he becomes too tiresome

clint van damme

Reply to @Ian1779
Lansmans already fired up his lawyers after he got looks over for an internal position in favour of someone vastly less qualified.
There will be plenty more solicitors been consulted over the next few days of imagine.
Potentially from both sides if any allegations can be refuted

Last edited:

clint van damme

Reply to @shmmeee
My biggest concern in the bits I've read so far, apart from the weaponisation of antisemitism which was obvious any way is the resistance to Andy Burnhams plans for the NHS.
For me the NHS is a sacred cow and to see people within the party opposed to it's total public ownership rings alarm bells for me

shmmeee

Reply to @shmmeee
My biggest concern in the bits I've read so far, apart from the weaponisation of antisemitism which was obvious any way is the resistance to Andy Burnhams plans for the NHS.
For me the NHS is a sacred cow and to see people within the party opposed to it's total public ownership rings alarm bells for me

Yeah I couldn’t believe that Burnham was seen as too left wing. The reaction to Corbyn and the left in generally was hysterical.

Brighton Sky Blue

Reply to @shmmeee

Provided it remains free at the point of service I’m not opposed to things being privately run but what we have seen with academisation of schools is that it would be better in some places and worse in others. But it is already inconsistent in the first place-so I’m not sure what the best way forward is for it

Users who are viewing this thread