New number one needed (59 Viewers)

higgs

Have seen enough of Collins now he's a number 2 not a number one we need to invest in a decent shot stopper the third goal was a disgrace

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

ccfc922

Father Ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

The watchmaker

So... I try not to be negative. I'd seen a bit of Collins before we signed him as he played for a local team and my assumption was he was being signed as a number 2 to Wilson. I still feel that was the intention but Wilson's dip in form forced their hand.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we signed a top notch number 1 goalie, in the ilk of Kieran Westwood , it would cut out so many goals we concede. You build from the back.

Scoring goals is clearly not a problem for us. I would make signing a first choice GK my top priority in the summer.
I wouldn’t, there’s bigger issues elsewhere. Give Collins another season and if he’s still racking up assists for the wrong team then move him on.

hinckley cov

For the third he literally bottled it. I know it was an awful back pass but he could have put it in the stands.
I think he’s a crap keeper nick , but Thomas has to take all the blame for the third goal , and he did the same down that end earlier in the season

The watchmaker

He wasn’t even No 1 at Barnsley
So probably not quite as clear cut as that but - was he the man you would be looking at if you wanted to replace last season's golden glove winner? I am very doubtful.

I think when you look at it in the context of him likely being brought in as a number 2 you have to say he has had a very good season. Not sure how helpful that is looking forward though.

rob9872

Wilson, golden glove winner, so many won't have him, I've always liked him. Bit of a clown,but they do say goalies are a different breed. How many clean sheets has Collins kept in total? A handful at most.

BuT tHe DeFeNcE kEpT tHoSe FoR WiLsOn

Fwiw Marosi just won a load of pots awards at Shrewsbury too this season. Both he and Moore weren't too bad imo. Collins will improve I'm sure too, but do we more importantly need to upgrade the GK coach?

Quoted my own post just on the Brad Collins thread, but seems apt here. Should we look at the coaching before we repeat the mistakes?

shmmeee

Quoted my own post just on the Brad Collins thread, but seems apt here. Should we look at the coaching before we repeat the mistakes?

Unless our coaches are psychologically bullying them until they lose all confidence and common sense I’m not sure how you can blame them. It isn’t how they’re playing it’s basic things like catching a ball or staying awake.

skyblue_55

Again an ex Chelsea player that unfortunately hasn’t made us any better ……. Sundays first goal & tonight’s faux pas.
Wilson , golden glove holder & treated harshly , but which one would be kept as your No 2 ?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Thought he should have claimed the third without Bobby having to pass it but all very quick to really see, will watch tomorrow again.
he makes good saves, confident moving ball but still not great, errors like the first tonight dont happen at this level, it was shockingly bad, literally no excuses for it

Sick Boy

Can’t remember Wilson, golden glove from last season, bottling anything. Been harshly treated imo. Neither are the answer long term but my word, Wilson is miles ahead.
He jumped out the way of a shot/goal at Cardiff; it was utterly pathetic. I think that was the game that rightly did it for him.

hamertime

We have never been gifted goals like that from anyone, it’s so bad it’s laughable. Literally threw outfield players good work down the drain then looked like the world owed him a favour. I would have respect him if he got angry with himself but just moped around hands down like a baby.

skybluepm2

Was fairly content with him between the sticks up until recently but when you look at his cock ups at Huddersfield, Southampton, Blues, first at Wembley and tonight it really isn’t good enough. Giving ourselves a mountain to climb. Somehow, Hull were there for the taking after we’d battled back to 2-2 with a makeshift side and we self destruct like that?! Splash the cash in the Summer. I’d even go as far to saying it’s now a priority.

Calista

tbf you can see Collins gesturing to Thomas to clear it sideways. Did he do more than just gesture though, because if that's what he wanted he should have been screaming it too.

Never did understand the people who thought Collins was miles better than Wilson. I would describe both of them as OK for the Championship, but with our ambitions I agree we should be looking to bring in a genuine first choice. It's arguably the highest priority position for any team.

rexo87

They’re both utter shit tbh. We put up with some awful keepers at this club. Really want us to get a proper experienced keeper who loves keeping the ball out of his net at all costs. The model of signing young doesn’t need to happen with keepers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcSB

Have seen enough of Collins now he's a number 2 not a number one we need to invest in a decent shot stopper the third goal was a disgrace

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Collins is, indeed, a number 2. He shouldn’t be first choice goalkeeper either.

duffer

My theory is that an exceptional goalie, as opposed to an average one, will save you 15-20 goals over the course of a season.

How much would it cost to sign an outfield player who could score that many?

Users who are viewing this thread