New PC - £300 to spend (1 Viewer)

Marty

In need of a PC as mine has just about given up now. I want something fast maybe 4-6GB RAM, need no more then a 100GB HDD at most (i don't keep my photos/music on my PC). I want another AMD though, Have about £300 to spend, can anybody recommend anything??

Cant find anything at the main retairs (Comet, PCworld etc).

Marty

Whats a small format PC?? I want to avoid buying second hand if possible.

Marty

Marty

That budget is a bit tight for a 'fast' pc.
Cheapest pc at ebuyer with AMD, that fits your remit is
http://www.ebuyer.com/274483-hp-pro-3305-mt-desktop-lh050ea-abu
only 3gb of ram, but easily expandable
Any reason for wanting an AMD ?

The best PC's i've had have all been AMD, Had an intel PC once and it was terrible.

Currently got 4GB Ram in my current PC, bout month ago i had a problem with my PC, then it worked fine for maybe a week, and since then it's slow as hell, takes like a minute just to load up a webpage.

Sky Blue Up North - i use to work near Eclipse, but i've only heard bad things about them, how they try to pass off refurb stuff as brand new. I wouldn't like to do it myself anyway, i have a rough idea of the bits and bobs, but i know it would take me ageas and i would get frustrated with it and just end up chucking it after being sat in my attic for a few years half built.

I've heard of Dabs, but forgot about them, will have a look,

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. :D

have you ever thought of building one? im no expert but pretty sure you could keep your tower and just replace componants? keep the price down a bit, after all its all plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread