rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
New owner in place by Friday, accounts sorted, embargo lifted and a number of new loans in place by 28th, deadline day. Realistic hope ? Why not.

BrisbaneBronco

Jul 2, 2008
Brisbane-Australia
Really, so a new owner worth approx 5 times the amount that SISU have invested to date, is going to
Pay SISU an amount of money they are happy with
Buy the stadium in order to make his investment worthwhile
Sign new players
And come Friday, he too will be broke
Dream on!!!

S

skyblue2k

Rupert Bear - You say you have info about potential owners but do not want to post incase you get laughed at. Come on, if you have a rumour tell us and lets make our own minds up.

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
Rupert Bear - You say you have info about potential owners but do not want to post incase you get laughed at. Come on, if you have a rumour tell us and lets make our own minds up.
Nothing i have heard will be put on here, but i will say things seem to be happening almost exactly as i was told it would do. The only thing i will say is the name i was told don't sound very American

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
What would be the point in taking on new players since we cant go down and following the 10 point deduction we cant go up either.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011

hutch1972

Aug 28, 2011
New owner in place by Friday, accounts sorted, embargo lifted and a number of new loans in place by 28th, deadline day. Realistic hope ? Why not.

Rupert, Do you still believe in the tooth fairy as well ?:claping hands:

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
This is very similar to last year almost identicle but this time the good guys have put the administration threat there as security and this time there is no Tango man around to sabotage things

Big_Ben

Mar 26, 2011
I understand due diligence has been taking place and is fairly advanced.

Doesn't part of the due diligence procedure involve the examination of CCFC's books? I assume that this would imply that SISU/CCFC are giving their full co-operation to this?

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me !!

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011
Due dilligence complete hey? Surely SISU would need to be involved in that? Explain..

You mention that administration process is there to prevent a uturn right?

Spencer

Mar 15, 2013
Really, so a new owner worth approx 5 times the amount that SISU have invested to date, is going to
Pay SISU an amount of money they are happy with
Buy the stadium in order to make his investment worthwhile
Sign new players
And come Friday, he too will be broke
Dream on!!!

That's the long term plan....

Keeping bringing new millionaire owners, bleeding them dry and then sending them on their way!!

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011
That's the long term plan....

Keeping bringing new millionaire owners, bleeding them dry and then sending them on their way!!

I know that was a joke but I don't think I could put up with more years of crap. Our club needs stability. We need to progess.

Bottom lip quivers. Come on you Sky Blues.

Taga

Feb 19, 2013

Not a hope in hell.

New owners - Highly unlikely. Due diligence and commercial agreement on a straight 121 purchase is time consuming enough. With 3rd and 4th party interests to be considered, no chance.
Accounts - Impossible. The closing of the current CCFC trading entity will typically be a lengthy process.
Embargo Lifted - See above.
Loans - See above.

I admire your optimism Rupert but nothing happens on a handshake anymore. Accountants and lawyers are more interested in covering all angles, than any timeliness.

Gray

Feb 27, 2008
cov
i'm loving the sense of optimism on here today. But they Daily Mail has plucked a name based on hearsay. And now a lot of people believe this deal is set in concrete. i hope it happens but lets all not get carried away

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011

Or wait till Monday and get it for nothing. If he is a Coventry fan then he would beat the deadline, but he is a businessman so he won't. (Whoever he is !!!)

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
Not a hope in hell.

New owners - Highly unlikely. Due diligence and commercial agreement on a straight 121 purchase is time consuming enough. With 3rd and 4th party interests to be considered, no chance.
Accounts - Impossible. The closing of the current CCFC trading entity will typically be a lengthy process.
Embargo Lifted - See above.
Loans - See above.

I admire your optimism Rupert but nothing happens on a handshake anymore. Accountants and lawyers are more interested in covering all angles, than any timeliness.

He will come in and then we will have weeks of 'will he, won't he'.

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
It is well known that the legal process is lightning quick, so yes it will happen! :confused::confused:

leicesterskyblue

Mar 16, 2013
are we talking Preston Haskill?

Heard a rumour prior to the Hartlepool game that "american suits" have been at the Ricoh a LOT over the last couple of weeks. Thought nothing of it as while the source is reliable, its quite possible they were considering using the venue for a gig/conference etc.

not putting 2+2 and getting 5 I hope but it would make sense.

Can't see anything going through before Friday. If you were in his shoes you'd wait for admin, be able t see the books, get a better price for the club and not have to deal with SISU. The development land makes the investment much more appealing as does the stadium. It wouldn't take much to get CCFC as a team viable with all the above in place. Take 10 points now, come out in good order, get promotion next year as the stadium and surrounding area starts to make money. one or two years to get promotion from the championship the local area supports the investment with CCFC acting as the advert for the area. Railway station won't happen for 10years if at all ever.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Nothing i have heard will be put on here, but i will say things seem to be happening almost exactly as i was told it would do. The only thing i will say is the name i was told don't sound very American

Ping Wang Li?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

J

Jack Griffin

leicester you are ill informed about the railway.

LONG-AWAITED plans for a railway station next to the Ricoh Arena have been given the green light.

Members of Coventry City Council’s planning committee gave the blueprint a unanimous seal of approval.

Work is set to start in December this year and should be finished by December 2013.

The unmanned station will be on the existing Coventry to Nuneaton line.

For events and matchdays there will be a maximum of four trains per hour from Coventry, and a maximum of two trains per hour from Nuneaton.

There will be 80 free parking spaces at Arena Park and between 30 and 68 paid-for spaces at the station itself, costing £1.50.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...y-s-ricoh-arena-92746-31489826/#ixzz2O0loZ9LR

Spencer

Mar 15, 2013
Or wait till Monday and get it for nothing. If he is a Coventry fan then he would beat the deadline, but he is a businessman so he won't. (Whoever he is !!!)

Wouldn't it be great if there was a millionaire/billionaire Coventry FAN waiting in the wings? Someone that has experienced the shit we've had to put up with over the years and just wants to make things better for us all by playing some of his cash.

Instead, I imagine we'll end up with someone whose only heard of coventry because joe Elliot has been trying to sell the club to him and couldn't careless about the club other than how it can be used to further his own agenda..

Perryccfc

Aug 2, 2011

What bullshit. I could sit here and say I've been told something but I won't disclose what, then everytime something happens come straight to this forum and say, Yep that's what I was told! Rubbish pal. Put something real on here

Users who are viewing this thread