New Potential Manager Thread... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Just checking out win %s of those in the running according to bookies:

Cotterill - 41.3%
Evans - 43.2%
Pressley - 37.3%
O'Driscoll - 36.1%
Jackett - 43.4%
Venus - N/a
Heath - 45.1% (heavily skewed by MLS stats)
Freedman - 34.3%
Page - 37.4%
Davies - 40.7%
Jones - 40.7%
Saunders - 37.6%
Johnson - 39.8%
Alexander - 42.4%
Adkins - 44%
Sherwood - 42.9%

For me, the three I'd opt for (personal preference only, nothing more) would be Kenny Jackett, Graham Alexander or Nigel Adkins.

oucho

Adkins will be above our budget I'd guess. Alexander is top of the league, why would he coem to a club that's bottom of the league?

Jackett yes. He did well at Wolves and Swansea in this league and also with QPR as assistant to Holloway - promoted three times from this league. Also probably still local after being at WWFC for 3 years until a couple of months ago.

Still, until our ownership situation changes, we might as well appoint a jacket potato for all the change a manager can really make.

Brylowes

Adkins will be above our budget I'd guess. Alexander is top of the league, why would he coem to a club that's bottom of the league?

Jackett yes. He did well at Wolves and Swansea in this league and also with QPR as assistant to Holloway - promoted three times from this league. Also probably still local after being at WWFC for 3 years until a couple of months ago.

Still, until our ownership situation changes, we might as well appoint a jacket potato for all the change a manager can really make.
LOL. :)

skybluetony176

Didn't Jacket have a spell at Milwall with no budget and do well also?

Terry Gibson's perm

One reasonable sized bet on a manager changes the odds dramatically especially at our level

Brylowes

And when he fails we can eat him alive, with cheese and beans.:)

Captain Dart

stupot07

I would like us to at least consider
Tisdale (Exeter)
Hurst (Grimsby)
Ainsworth (Wycombe)

Out of the list in the OP Jackett and Alexander would be my preference

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oucho

I would be open to giving Robins another go, TBF.

skybluejelly

I would like us to at least consider
Tisdale (Exeter)
Hurst (Grimsby)
Ainsworth (Wycombe)

Out of the list in the OP Jackett and Alexander would be my preference

pretty certain we wont be appointing anyone already in a job.... there is no way we will pay compensation

stupot07

pretty certain we wont be appointing anyone already in a job.... there is no way we will pay compensation
I dunno, depends on how long they have left on their current contract, how much they currently get paid and how much they would want to be paid to work for us. And how that works out in relation to the contract length and pay demands of the out of contract manager. Compensation all paid upfront, it would be staggered payments

For example (arbitrary figures)
Adkins might want £500k pa,
Tisdale might only want £200k, and Exeter only £100k compo.

Hobo

When is the draw for the raffle taking place?

shmmeee

Anyone with a % above 40 I'd take, at least they've shown an ability to win games, but to be honest I haven't followed other teams enough to know. All depends on the remit I guess, are we building long term or getting out the shit or pushing for promotion? Ideally I'd rather take someone up and coming than someone who has been there and done it.

When is the draw for the raffle taking place?

They didn't sell any tickets.

Frankley

As we're in the world of fantasy managerial appointments and our support has some kind of fixation with ex-players, how about John Aloisi?

He has a great 50% win percentage with his current club and had a reassuringly dismal 20% with his previous one. As we're used to such inconsistency he'll fit right in.

Gazolba

Just checking out win %s of those in the running according to bookies:
<snip>
Comparing win % is totally meaningless because they all managed different teams and we are a different team as well.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could someone get the odds on Greg Abbott please
Coventry lad did well at Carlisle currently scouting for Bradford

Users who are viewing this thread