New scoreboard (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Noticed on the TV that there is now a digital scoreboard on the fascia of the upper tier of the West Stand. How long has that been there?

Nuskyblue

I was on for the first few games with a motif that matched the big scoreboard. Then for ages it was not used, I think it coincided with Wasps going tits up, it then became operational again a few games prior to the Stoke game I think but now in a retro orange on black theme which I like.

Greggs

Noticed on the TV that there is now a digital scoreboard on the fascia of the upper tier of the West Stand. How long has that been there?
Hard to spot on ifollow, hope you enjoyed your first time at the ricoh bs bowl ;)

bigfatronssba

I was on for the first few games with a motif that matched the big scoreboard. Then for ages it was not used, I think it coincided with Wasps going tits up, it then became operational again a few games prior to the Stoke game I think but now in a retro orange on black theme which I like.
The orange on black is a great throwback to the old Highfield Road one

shmmeee

Asked the bloke who operates it on Twitter he said it was coincidence it broke then and just took a long time to repair.

Nuskyblue

Asked the bloke who operates it on Twitter he said it was coincidence it broke then and just took a long time to repair.
Is that so, iirc when it came back on the sky blue motif was still being used but it looked a bit off, like the old days when you had your tv set to the wrong aspect ratio. Is that why it is now orange on black

EalingSB

I took a photo of it. Don’t usually sit on that side of the ground so hadn’t seen it before.

Attachments

• 9C9AD204-6730-453A-9204-EAEA43D1FC0C.jpeg
    9C9AD204-6730-453A-9204-EAEA43D1FC0C.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 152

AJB1983

Having all the scores on the scoreboard in the old school style reminds of those days at HR when we were fighting relegation… see how the other teams did….
I guess this time it’s the other way around.

mark82

I didn't notice it at all last season, but tended to sit on that side of the ground. Hadn't seen it this season either but not been down so much and with it not working for a while guess most games were in that window. Noticed it first time against Birmingham. Sat in pretty much the same seats against Reading but didn't see it then.

ajsccfc

Was it actually used by us last season? Looking at pictures it's been there since at least August 2021 but feels like I only noticed it this season, thought it was brand new.

AngryAnt

So glad they managed to fix it and started using it again as I love the old style font their currently using on it.

I've always thought the main scoreboard is in the wrong position so it's nice to not have to crane your neck to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread