New season (1 Viewer)

Block19

I have been a season ticket holder for about 28 years and go to around 10 away matches a season and always look forward to the new season, but this year I hate to say it I cannot be bothered I'm sick of SISU, tired of protest, fed up of where are we playing, cant be arsed to watch a new coventry and SISU have just worn me down. I can't be bothered any more. Any one else feel like this

Last edited:

UNCLE MONTY

Yep. Never been so apathetic about a new season. Just sick of it all. The childish squabbling between sisu and acl, the pathetic ground share (and I live in Northampton), the crap, paper thin squad.... It just gets me frustrated, and to be honest I don't need the hassle. I have enough going in in my life with a busy job, two young kids etc, don't have the energy to be dragged down with the sinking sky blue ship any more.

Otis

Totally agree.

All I feel is apathy.

Cannot get excited at all and the big worry in all this is if we feel like this now and sense a disenfranchisement, what is it going to be like after 3 years?

This club could lose thousands of fans ..... permanently! People will find other things to do and that then will become a way of life rather than attending Coventry City games.

The damage done here could be catastrophic.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Totally agree.

All I feel is apathy.

Cannot get excited at all and the big worry in all this is if we feel like this now and sense a disenfranchisement, what is it going to be like after 3 years?

This club could lose thousands of fans ..... permanently! People will find other things to do and that then will become a way of life rather than attending Coventry City games.

Just another reason why the plan to move to Northampton makes no sense at all.

Destroy your revenues and make every possible attempt to alienate your customer base.....

This will make a great case study for a MBA course one day.

Block19

I do think once I get out of the habit of going it will be a struggle to go to any matches. Once the fisher price stadium is built it still won't be a patch on the Ricoh or highfield road.

LB87ccfc

Although the opening post is very good, its official away games only for me, much better day out, atmosphere, standing, and usually good banter, follow the badge away, just not at Sixfields.

Otis

Although the opening post is very good, its official away games only for me, much better day out, atmosphere, standing, and usually good banter, follow the badge away, just not at Sixfields.

Wish I could do that. Neither have the time or the money to do so however.:(

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just how i feel Otis,Fed up with all the bickering and sisu's contempt for us football fans.
They are not real people who live in their own tiny little bubble.
I wonder if fisher will show his face at the first home game considering there might be a few fans hanging around outside?
Probably turn up in a blacked out suv and get smuggled in.
Totally agree.

All I feel is apathy.

HinckleySBA

I too after 23 years of being a season ticket holder will not be renewing whilst the Sky Blues play in Northampton. If a deal can be sorted with the Ricoh then I'll renew. Fisher and his cronies have not considered the fans at all despite the crap he comes out with. Those forums they held were pointless as they had already decided the way forward and whatever feedback they got wasn't going to make one blind bit of difference.

skybluelee

Agree agree agree. 30 years of being an absolute city fanatic and now I feel nothing but apathy. If somebody like myself feels like this, what hope is there of the club ever winning back floating fans?

Sisu - just go. Please just go.

CJ_covblaze

Sums up the majority of how we're feeling. Rather than just 6 days to go it feels more like April.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Totally agree. Have supported City and been a season ticket holder for nearly 50 years and never thought I would see the day when I wasn't going to go to home matches. 9 of us used to go as a family but one by one they have all stopped going and just two of us left. Always maintained that it didn't matter to us which league we were in we would always be there, but could never have foreseen this total and utter shambles. Will start going to some away games again, that's the only way we will get our sky blue fix. CTID

Spionkop

Totally agree with you guys. Shambles. I'm going to Crawley but with mixed feelings.
Just hoping for a miracle this week.

skybluenewman

No chance of that miracle my friend. Its sad sad times!! Im not a violent man but if i was to see TF or JS i would be forced to ....

georgehudson

55 yrs of watching Coventry City & loving it too,
& then we get an outfit on board, 6 yrs ago,
who have reduced the whole City to nothing more than a shambles,
7,000 attend a march, to keep Cov in Cov,
less than 300 buy season tickets in a town 35 miles away,
fit to own a club ? imho, the facts would show continued ineptitude,
or, an alternate devious plan

CCFCWALL

i am a 15 year old lad and have attended home games very reguarly for the last 3 or 4 years now like most don't want to go to sixfields but more to the point can't as the club are not putting on any travel and my parents work so can't take me( not like i was planning to go anyway.) I will try to go to some away games but it's expensive as i can not fund myself to go and have to rely on my parents all the time. Us kids are the next generation of fans and are stopping us from growing up going to see the team we love, at my age it's different but still, young children will no longer attend as they go with their parents so SISU i say to you this, if you want to lose a generation of fans then fine but i'm sure you'd much rather not now get your fat arses round that bloody table and negotiate a deal to keep us where we belong, the RICOH arena!!!

i am a 15 year old lad and have attended home games very reguarly for the last 3 or 4 years now like most don't want to go to sixfields but more to the point can't as the club are not putting on any travel and my parents work so can't take me( not like i was planning to go anyway.) I will try to go to some away games but it's expensive as i can not fund myself to go and have to rely on my parents all the time. Us kids are the next generation of fans and are stopping us from growing up going to see the team we love, at my age it's different but still, young children will no longer attend as they go with their parents so SISU i say to you this, if you want to lose a generation of fans then fine but i'm sure you'd much rather not now get your fat arses round that bloody table and negotiate a deal to keep us where we belong, the RICOH arena!!!

Well said young man. :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread