New shares issued. (1 Viewer)

djr8369

I saw these when I was having a look on CH but didn’t really know what to make of it. Is it money raised or what buys out some of SISUs stake?

chiefdave

Not really raising is it? Not like Robins now has £30m to spend. Isn’t that just the cost of buying the club / paying the debt?

Why anyone would pay off that much debt is beyond me, can’t see the assets being worth much

shmmeee

It’s got to be the cost of buying the club surely. No coincidence it’s the amount Sisu apparently agreed with Storey.

MalcSB

I imagine the shares have effectively replaced the loans, and won’t be interest bearing. Subject to company performance a dividend could be paid per share. Of course anyone putting that sort of money would want it back - as, when and if the club and hence its shares are sold in the future. No great conspiracy here.

Nick

Administrator
There are 2 sets:

Otium

iye6SX1.png

Covcitycoltd

DWczSmp.png

The Philosopher

So the club is capitalised at 65m?

I’ve been shouted down for saying SISU had leveraged the club to £60m (not that that was the real value)

I’ll look through later to see if I can get to grips with it but OSB seems to enjoy getting granular with the numbers and tbf does a sterling job so.

SBbucks

Is this possibly the money that’s paid off the charges?

basically the the 33m is the debt we owed arvo and has just been moved to another owner that will crop up again in 5 years

It looks like the cash for the 33m in shares will be used to pay off 33m of debt, so the debt is no longer a liability on the balance sheet. So no, it won’t crop up again in 5 years. Debts/loans in theory need to be repaid, shares do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

The £65m are i asssume the preference shares that sat in Otium post administration and is manufactured debt when two ccfc related companies were wound up

Robinshio

It looks like the cash for the 33m in shares will be used to pay off 33m of debt, so the debt is no longer a liability on the balance sheet. So no, it won’t crop up again in 5 years. Debts/loans in theory need to be repaid, shares do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
correct, there is no calling in debt on shares etc - They are an investment only - So maybe this time we truly are debt free - we just need him to put another £10m in now - but from what MR says, I think the major rebuild will be in the summer and have a really good go at it next year

RegTheDonk

I imagine the shares have effectively replaced the loans, and won’t be interest bearing. Subject to company performance a dividend could be paid per share. Of course anyone putting that sort of money would want it back - as, when and if the club and hence its shares are sold in the future. No great conspiracy here.
Don't really understand all this to be honest (no surprise) but IF say someone purchased 5,500,001 shares - would they effectively control the club?

hutch1972

Trust me, some on here will find one somewhere.

fernandopartridge

The preference shares in Otium have always been there, they're the same value. It's not clear whether some of those shares are retained by SISU or whether they've all been transferred to DK.

OldBedrocker

Can someone explain in childlike words what this means please?
Does it mean the debt is gone but Doug would need 33m to break even if he was to sell his 85% ownership?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Am I the only one that's just slightly disappointed Doug didn't call our new parent company Coventry City Fuzzball Club Ltd?

Users who are viewing this thread