New Training Ground Site? (1 Viewer)

Bad Boy

I was in the company of someone today whose son has played cricket at Triumph Sports Ground, Tanners Lane for a number of years and it has been said that CCFC are 'moving in'.

Anybody out there know anything?

clint van damme

I was in the company of someone today whose son has played cricket at Triumph Sports Ground, Tanners Lane for a number of years and it has been said that CCFC are 'moving in'.

Is that the site that comes under Solihull Council?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The Ryton site is marked under the local
Plan for housing and therefore the club will move in that defined period of time, strong rumour is that there would be an announcement soon on new purpose built training ground, close to Westwood heath site, tanners could be classed as close enough to that

Skyblueweeman

The Ryton site is marked under the local
Plan for housing and therefore the club will move in that defined period of time, strong rumour is that there would be an announcement soon on new purpose built training ground, close to Westwood heath site, tanners could be classed as close enough to that

Where's the strong rumour coming from MMJ?

Skybluebeliever

The club have been looking for a couple of years , the polo ground at southam was first muted but didn’t progress , I think triumph is being looked at , I think it’s owned by a family trust
The main bit though is SISU realising cash for Ryton and making it cost neutral with a move
I think they will move but could take a while

albatross

This is from the Ryton on Dunsmore Neighbourhood Plan 2018 - 2031 Referendum Version (Adopted). A while back I heard that the owners had proposed that it could be included in the plan for development.

doc can be found here Ryton-on-Dunsmore Neighbourhood Plan | Rugby Borough Council

POLICY H1: RESIDENTIAL SITE ALLOCATIONS - The Neighbourhood Plan makes provision for a minimum of 75 new dwellings in Ryton on Dunsmore up to 2031. This is met by land being allocated at the following locations as shown in Figures 3 and 4.

Site 1 - Development at the Leamington Road (Coventry City Training Ground) site will be supported subject to the following criteria: a) The development will provide for around 75 dwellings; b) Development will only occur when adequate replacement of the pitch and training facility has been made to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough Council and Sport England and in accordance with national planning policy; c) Affordable housing is to be provided in line with Rugby Borough Council policy H2; d)

The affordable housing tenure mix is to be 60% for ownership models (shared ownership/starter homes) and 40% for affordable rent unless viability or other local factors show a robust justification for a different mix. Different tenures should be fully integrated into the development (‘tenure blind’); e) All new affordable housing will be prioritised for local people meaning that people 23 with a strong local connection to the Parish and whose needs are not met by the open market will be offered the tenancy or shared/discounted ownership of the home before it is opened up across the Borough. In this context a strong local connection is defined as someone:

• who has a minimum period of five continuous years permanent residence in the Parish or adjoining parishes (Brandon and Bretford, Wolston, Stretton-onDunsmore, Bubbenhall, Baginton); or
• has resided permanently in the Parish, or an adjoining parish, for five years or more within the previous 20 years; or
• is required to live close to another person who satisfies the above criteria in order to provide or receive essential frequent attention and/or care due to age, infirmity or disability. Only where no such individual can be found that meets the above criteria within a three-week period from advertising the vacancy shall affordable housing within the plan area be allocated to other eligible residents from elsewhere across Rugby Borough. If it is not possible to provide affordable housing on site, in exceptional circumstances it will be acceptable to provide funding in lieu of affordable housing on-site if this leads to the provision of additional affordable housing in the Parish.

Users who are viewing this thread