New Trust Statement (1 Viewer)

The Ricoh of course! Unless money can be raised to build a new stadium.

I would destroy Wasps from within. ;) Work with them, butter them up, try and get a good deal at the Ricoh, put money into the development side of things (playing staff and academy) and get City up into the Championship and challenging for the Premier!!

Build City's profile back up and watch the Wasps project fail, then buy up the stadium and rent it out to Wasps at a highly inflated price.

Would also be sending them weekly Bairstow and Eves brochures listing all the available land plots in the Greater London area.

:)

Brilliant! That's the only plan I've read so far on this forum. Pitch it to Sisu in a Dragon's Den style of presentation and you will be quids in...

Wasps won't even see it coming.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Well that's a very good question. Presumably Wasps might be impacted if the Council were adjudged to have acted illegally when conducting the Ricoh negotiations. How Millerchip fits in, I don't know, unless he has a financial interest in Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
Well that's a very good question. Presumably Wasps might be impacted if the Council were adjudged to have acted illegally when conducting the Ricoh negotiations. How Millerchip fits in, I don't know, unless he has a financial interest in Wasps.

How would Wasps be impacted though? I don't think they can be can they?

All a bit strange and co-incidental the links that keep appearing ;)

Otis

You kind of get the feeling that CCC have said to Wasps, okay, you can have the stadium,but then you have to help us get rid of Sisu from Coventry City FC. ;)

Nick

Administrator
You kind of get the feeling that CCC have said to Wasps, okay, you can have the stadium,but then you have to help us get rid of Sisu from Coventry City FC. ;)

You forgot about the team moved up from London is sponsoring the City of Culture Bid too ;)

I hope they have actual back scratchers rather than nails, they will be worn down.

italiahorse

That is the thing. How can he help with Ricoh negotiations? If he can help so much, surely he has the say to hinder.

I'd love nothing more than the trust to go batshit mental at the Council, CSF, Wasps, SISU etc. I'd certainly be right behind them as much as I could.

It is like everybody should be called out about every little thing, they should worry about what they say because people are going to be there waiting to catch them out and prove them wrong.

Fisher says X Y and Z - Go at him with facts "No Tim, that's wrong, why did you say this"
Duggins says he will help if they pay up "How are you going to help, what influence do you have etc." He gave a "no comment" about the club being damaged by wasps and the conditions, and it never gets mentioned again.... How?
Breed says ccfc told him many times they were leaving "Ok son, can you send us over the documents proving this".
Wasps say they wont do a deal, hammer them with "what has the legal action got to do with it? Is there other legal action we dont know about?"

Almost like a bloody detective who wants to chase everybody down to just get to the actual facts.

Haven't 4 judges already done that and Sisu wont accept it ?

Otis

Brilliant! That's the only plan I've read so far on this forum. Pitch it to Sisu in a Dragon's Den style of presentation and you will be quids in...

Wasps won't even see it coming.
My other plan is even more ingenious!

I win the Euro Millions.

Invest heavily in Wasps and the Ricoh, rather than CCFC.

Put in a clause that it is only on the proviso CCFC stay on the same rent for the next 20 years and also get a share of the stadium events revenue.

Keep it under your hat though and don't tell anyone. ;)

My other plan is even more ingenious!

I win the Euro Millions.

Invest heavily in Wasps and the Ricoh, rather than CCFC.

Put in a clause that it is only on the proviso CCFC stay on the same rent for the next 20 years and also get a share of the stadium events revenue.

Keep it under your hat though and don't tell anyone. ;)

Another cunning plan! You are wasted on here.

My only question is - why do you dwell amongst the bottom feeders and well poisoners on this forum when you could actually go out there and make things happen?!

Otis

Another cunning plan! You are wasted on here.

My only question is - why do you dwell amongst the bottom feeders and well poisoners on this forum when you could actually go out there and make things happen?!
These things take time my friend.

I am busy praying to Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Shiva, Satan, Rama, Cornish pixies, fairies, elves, goblins and Ik Onkar on a daily basis and one is going to come up trumps for me I'm sure.

Otis

I deliberately put 'trumps' because there is always the hope that Uncle Donald will come through for me as well. He's worth a tidy penny or two.

oldfiver

I am busy praying to Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Shiva, Satan, Rama, Cornish pixies, fairies, elves, goblins and Ik Onkar on a daily basis and one is going to come up trumps for me I'm sure.

You have missed out Kevin Maton and Martin Reeves!

Good work. You've almost got every base covered!

Have you tried bowing down to Nick, Grendel or Chief Dave?.....Only joking fellas :)

Otis

I never wanted to play Black Jack in the past for the fear of it being considered racist.

Which, diverting slightly, reminds me of something my 12 year old said the other day.

The dog has been having a bit of a problem with loose stools and when my daughter brought her back from a walk I asked 'How was her poo?' And she replied 'Like Usain Bolt. Black and runny.''

dongonzalos

Wasps for JR2 are a named party and hence will need to waste time and money having their own legal people looking over everything.
Also they will probably have to disclose a load of their own financial information and documents.
Even though they are not the one getting sued I am sure they prefer not to have to do all the above.
Then at the same time they are were in negotiations to tie long term into a business relationship with the business that are threatening to put them through the above.
I appreciate SISU could drop the legal action and Wasps may still have no interest in doing business with them.
However can you actually discount that possibly they do want all of these threats and legal actions out of the way and put to bed before they commit to 20 year contracts and a close business relationship with the people doing the suing.

Last edited:

Godiva

What are the odds that SISU will be offered a settlement out of court (undisclosed value) in exchange for writing off the debts and selling the club for £1?
How would you feel about that if it was a Wasps related subsidiary picking it up?

Well, it was just a crazy thought, but anyway - I would think it wouldn't be fronted by Wasps. More like a Hoffman/Elliott/Trust lead takeover maybe initially financed by Wasps backers and morally supported by CCC.
Isn't that more or less the keywords coming out of all the noise put into a random sentence?

Crazy, I know but how would I feel? Depends on the long term plan, I would say.

dongonzalos

Well, it was just a crazy thought, but anyway - I would think it wouldn't be fronted by Wasps. More like a Hoffman/Elliott/Trust lead takeover maybe initially financed by Wasps backers and morally supported by CCC.
Isn't that more or less the keywords coming out of all the noise put into a random sentence?

Crazy, I know but how would I feel? Depends on the long term plan, I would say.

Interesting idea.

oldfiver

I never wanted to play Black Jack in the past for the fear of it being considered racist.

Which, diverting slightly, reminds me of something my 12 year old said the other day.

The dog has been having a bit of a problem with loose stools and when my daughter brought her back from a walk I asked 'How was her poo?' And she replied 'Like Usain Bolt. Black and runny.''

Takes after her mother then??? Your daughter not Usain Bolt!

Nick

Administrator
Please no to Hoffman, Elliott and the Trust :(

Obviously, if still CCFC so I would still support!

Moff

Never said I support it other than it is the better of the 2 evils as it stands.
I'm telling you how it might happen.
Sisu need to negotiate to stop it happening which includes dropping court cases and building relationships.
We will be liquidated if they don't do this.
They will never get there money back so why not just cut there losses and sell up for what the clubs worth?

Thanks for the reply, and taking the time to put over your point.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but in a perfect world would prefer CCFC to avoid either of the 2 evils! I think that's more optimistic than realistic though ;)

chiefdave

It was also the lease value after the 250 year lease was in place and has nothing to do with the amount Wasps paid for the shares (which included a completely different term lease, all other assets and all liabilities).
Wasn't the lease extension agreed at the same council meeting as the sale of ACL? Therefore they were effectively sold ACL with the 250 year lease for £6.5m then very shortly afterwards valued it at £45m.

Suspect that will be the subject of JR with SISU arguing that the 250 year lease, and it being agreed with the sale, makes it no different to selling the freehold and that therefore the disposal of asset regulations should apply.

I'm far from a legal expert but on the face of it JR2 seems to give SISU a better chance of victory than JR1.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't the lease extension agreed at the same council meeting as the sale of ACL? Therefore they were effectively sold ACL with the 250 year lease for £6.5m then very shortly afterwards valued it at £45m.

Suspect that will be the subject of JR with SISU arguing that the 250 year lease, and it being agreed with the sale, makes it no different to selling the freehold and that therefore the disposal of asset regulations should apply.

I'm far from a legal expert but on the face of it JR2 seems to give SISU a better chance of victory than JR1.
Yes the extension was agreed at the same time

dongonzalos

Being a supporter doesn't instantly mean they can run a football club though.

No not at all but might be a little easier to take than someone who doesn't like football and a Sheffield Wednesday fan, who have proven they can't run a football club. (So far)

Users who are viewing this thread