newcastle scout at todays game ? (1 Viewer)

brez

So I parked in a side street by the ground today, a nice silver jag parked behind me, a grey haired gent late 50s gets out wearing a suit with a Newcastle United coat with badge. He says hello asks if it's ok to park there. Little bit of a chat starts and he asks who were supporting, spotting his badge I said Coventry and asked him who he is there for, he tells me he is a scout and is watching one of our players, obviously I say Armstrong and he said yes.Tells me he is friends with Mark Venus and they speak a lot on the phone I asked his thoughts about Adam and he said he watched him against Blackpool and he was poor but played out of position, said he has got to play of the defenders shoulder, said he will stay with us for the rest of the season and he was nowhere near the premier league. Said Newcastle will spend money in january and was confident they would stay up and if we get promoted we would probably keep Armstrong next season. Mentioned that Armstrong will find it hard to make it in prem because of his size. Do I believe him? Would a scout have to park in the street ? Thought I'd share it.

rob9872

If I had a sister of that age I'd encourage her to get close to him or Murphy, if they like the area perhaps they might make it permanent for a woman. Can anyone help please? :)

Otis

So I parked in a side street by the ground today, a nice silver jag parked behind me, a grey haired gent late 50s gets out wearing a suit with a Newcastle United coat with badge. He says hello asks if it's ok to park there. Little bit of a chat starts and he asks who were supporting, spotting his badge I said Coventry and asked him who he is there for, he tells me he is a scout and is watching one of our players, obviously I say Armstrong and he said yes.Tells me he is friends with Mark Venus and they speak a lot on the phone I asked his thoughts about Adam and he said he watched him against Blackpool and he was poor but played out of position, said he has got to play of the defenders shoulder, said he will stay with us for the rest of the season and he was nowhere near the premier league. Said Newcastle will spend money in january and was confident they would stay up and if we get promoted we would probably keep Armstrong next season. Mentioned that Armstrong will find it hard to make it in prem because of his size. Do I believe him? Would a scout have to park in the street ? Thought I'd share it.
Think you may have answered your own question there.

Sounds more like a Newcastle fan just going to watch the game.

stupot07

Newcastle have just come back from behind to beat Tottenham 2-1

Villa now 9 points off safety due to swansea's superior goal difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Armstrong is nowhere near ready for the Premier League. Away from home he is nowhere near the player he is when he tears teams apart at the Ricoh.

chiefdave

Newcastle have just come back from behind to beat Tottenham 2-1

Villa now 9 points off safety due to swansea's superior goal difference.

Great result for Newcastle, hope they stay up. If they do and we get promoted I don't think its out of the question that we could get Armstrong again next season.

Villa are done. Has anyone stayed up after being in single digits at this stage of the season? They need PL winning form to kick in and thats not going to happen.

blitzer109

Villa are done. Has anyone stayed up after being in single digits at this stage of the season?

No, there was a graphic on the BBC website that showed if memory serves me correctly that only 2 teams had stayed up after being bottom at xmas and they both had double digit points tally

bringbackrattles

Newcastle have won back to back games now so that's great news for us and keeping Armstrong.But agree that he's far from ready for the Premier League just now,but as long as he's playing for us he'll progress under Mowbray.

chiefdave

No, there was a graphic on the BBC website that showed if memory serves me correctly that only 2 teams had stayed up after being bottom at xmas and they both had double digit points tally

Not like you could even say they're playing OK and just need some luck. From what I've seen of them they are hopeless. They aren't likely to spend in January and even if they do by then its likely to be too late.

Covrock

However, if Norwich come down. Would we lose Murphy, a player I would love to see on a permanent basis. Lots of permutations.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not like you could even say they're playing OK and just need some luck. From what I've seen of them they are hopeless. They aren't likely to spend in January and even if they do by then its likely to be too late.

They are total garbage and if they keep this up could go down as the worst team in Prem history a good job done by Sherwood.

Users who are viewing this thread